TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[NL] Dive Machine

Rumors are running rampant with the removal of Perilous Plunge everything has been rumored to be going into that spot. So here's my take on the Dive Machine idea/rumor/speculation :O)

Stats: 215 feet tall, with a 200 foot 90* vertical drop, 2808 feet in length, 73 mph max speed.

Elements: 128 foot tall Immelman Loop , 110 foot tall high speed Overbanked Turn, DOUBLE CORKSCREW!!! at 77 and 65 feet tall , 40 foot negative G speed hill.

Edited by QueerRudie

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From looking at the 2nd photo, it looks like the drop isn't vertical. This isn't like a Dive Machine at all as they are all vertical or very close to vertical (e.g. Oblivion). I'm not a big fan of the double corkscrew as it screams Arrow, though other than those two, I find this to be a pretty good NL coaster. I really like the overbank and there is really good speed throughout the ride.

(Also, a little more compact doesn't hurt, this is KBF after all. )

An interesting design, the new NL2 will be a great improvement for this track.

Can someone explain where all these Dive Machine rumors came from?! Looking at the de-construction pictures, there is no way a dive machine could splash down in the existing pool, then make a turn into the existing station.

I like your concept, maybe a NL challenge will be sparked from this???

Personally, I like the corkscrews. I think you were giving a nod to the original Corkscrew at KBF which was the first modern era looping coaster in 1975, that featured, yes, 2 corkscrews. Makes sense to me. I think it's an original idea as no dive coaster has build a corkscrew yet, but who's to say they couldn't engineer a double corkscrew into a dive machine some day? I've seen lots of crazy things in my life time that I didn't think were possible (beyond 90 degree drops for example).