NEWS: Wet'n'Wild is coming to Sydney!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

This park is having a pretty bumpy start. Well not start, but "before the start" as their website have been plagued with problems, and lot's of shitstorms on their Facebook (as well as the "just stupid" people complaining about prices).

The park itself looks awesome, and seems to be very well received.

These pictures come from the Australian Parkz.com.au forum, and they were take by Julys Aquila, the guy who have made an amazing job of the 40 construction episodes on Youtube.

First up is the kid's area, which looks to be the best in the world in terms of children slides, but seems to be lacking actual pools for the toddlers.

Spray grounds.

Overview.

Mini tornado, and mini tube slide.

Mini body slides.

More spray ground.

And more.

Lot's of water.

Awesome picture!

Mini enclosed slide.

Mini body slides again.

Splash bucket.

Mini wide slide.

Mini racer.

Tornado mini and tube slide again.

Here are two more mini tube slides.

It's hard to see, but this is Proslide's first kid's bowl.

This really seems to be kid's heaven with all that Proslide awesomeness!

It really puzzles me however, that they claim to have built the world's biggest water park, and there is no play structure in the place. Surely a water park of this magnitude should feature one of those gigantic play structures IMO.

All the photos from Parkz.com.au

The mini tornado is awesome! The park is taking a lot of heat on various social medias for some of the opening day hiccups, but not a lot of complaints that fall outside of the "it's opening week and very busy and lots of people are processing season passes" categories. Will have to wait until the summer ends for a final verdict, but looks like this place will be a success.

More pictures are up on Parkz.com.au

The main sign

Entrance

Park map. Since the orignial fly-over the hydraulic surf pool as well as the extreme river has been canned.

Signs

Again

Resturant

Again

Surf club

People

Massive sky-coaster

Again

The pull-up towers

Australian version of the flow rider, looks really interesting in videos

Lazy river

The entry lagoon to the river has a sand beach, impressive!

The wave pool that replaced the dual surf/family wave pool

It looks rather boring, compared to pools like the ones at Whitewater World & Siam Park.

It's not the big surf pool, but it's still really big

In fact, for a pneumatic pool,it's huge

More wave pool

Whitewater West tower 1

2-person Rattler

Pipeline

Runout lanes

Constrictor and Pipeline

Looks cool

More lazy river

Awesome looking Aqualoops

Splash!

Here's the parks most interesting slide IMO

Proslide said they were going to build racers like these, but looks like Whitewater got first

Looks awesome!

Can't wait until the day I get to try this one out

Brake lanes

Tornado complex

Awesome photo!

Love the colors

Tornado Wave, one of the slides in the world I'm most interested in trying

Here's the other family slide complex

It has a Mammoth, a Mammoth Turbo (which is said to be the best slide in the park) and a behemoth Bowl 40 Alley

Love the look of this tower

Just the fact that this park has 6 Proslide family rides is reason enough for a visit

Most reviews says that people are a bit unimpressed with the bowl slide

All the photos are from http://www.parkz.com.au

Edited by _koppen

IMO I wish they had done what others parks are starting do, remove the stairs, use master basters to get you to the slides ( Dubai water parks do this very well ) All that concrete in Sydney's high 40 degree days is going suck the life out of this park.

But in course in saying that I will still go to the park after school holidays end in Feb next year

IMO I wish they had done what others parks are starting do, remove the stairs, use master basters to get you to the slidesr

It's a nice sentiment, but in practice it means the hourly capacity of each slide is really determined by the master blaster leading into it.

At Wild Wadi, there are only two actual entrance points to the master blaster system, so the waits to actually join the chain of slides can be were quite long.

At least at wnw Sydney they have a couple of big 4 man slide complexes, and the raft slide complex has 8 slides running off it, so the hourly capacity is insane with all going at once.

I can't wait to hopefully check this park out when I visit Sydney in March this year... it looks so well thought out and planned compared to it's sister park on the Gold Coast that used to be well planned but now attractions are sort of just plopped around the place with no real planning. Looks like a great investment for Village Roadshow!

Apparently, the park was so packed on the weekend there were signs on the freeway saying the park is full and to avoid the area. Not surprising, the temps were getting to 40 degrees celcius (110 approx) and school's out. We might visit in Feb, once it quietens down a bit. No big deal to me to visit straight away, I'm not a big water park fan.

Apparently, the park was so packed on the weekend there were signs on the freeway saying the park is full and to avoid the area. Not surprising, the temps were getting to 40 degrees celcius (110 approx) and school's out. We might visit in Feb, once it quietens down a bit. No big deal to me to visit straight away, I'm not a big water park fan.

The Facebook page went into melt down over the weekend, I think it turned into a PR nightmare for them. Season park holders where turned away, car parks couldn't handle the amount of cars.

Think I will hold off till Feb as well

IMO I wish they had done what others parks are starting do, remove the stairs, use master basters to get you to the slidesr

It's a nice sentiment, but in practice it means the hourly capacity of each slide is really determined by the master blaster leading into it.

At Wild Wadi, there are only two actual entrance points to the master blaster system, so the waits to actually join the chain of slides can be were quite long.

At least at wnw Sydney they have a couple of big 4 man slide complexes, and the raft slide complex has 8 slides running off it, so the hourly capacity is insane with all going at once.

Atlantis has more than two entrances to the slides, and having spent at least four or five days at both parks over the last couple of years ( some on there busiest days ) I would still rather by stuck in a floating line than be standing out in 40 degree heat. Just saying.