TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Roller Coaster Trivia App Available on iTunes!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded the game several weeks ago and it's a very fun game, but I have a problem: I don't know anything about the American units like feet or mph. I'm using meters and km/h and when there is a question about the height, length or speed of a coaster I can't answer the question, although I sometimes even know the exact answer, but not in the American units.

For example: I see a picture of Dodonpa and the question is "How fast does this roller coaster go?" I know that the top speed of Dodonpa is 172 km/h, but all the possible answers are given in mph and so I have to guess the answer, although I exactly know how fast Dodonpa goes. Same problem goes with length and height questions.

This is kinda frustrating me and I'm kindly asking if you could bring an update that lets me choose of American and metric units if that wouldn't be a problem.

Regards,

a guy from Germany who doesn't know anything about the American units

^ Sorry, that's just not going to be possible. The work that would be involved to create an additional version of the game for metic units, and then have to have duplicate versions of each question, would be way more than I'd be able to produce at this time. That's new front end screens, new gameplay coding, new question data, duplicate spreadsheets, more testing time and fact checking, etc. I'm only one guy developing this app, and we have a lot of other things that we have going on at the same time. Please remember, the game is "free."

But glad you liked the game!

Well, I guess I'll just have to learn the American units then.

No, seriously, I can totally understand that this would be too much work. I also had some trouble with one of the additional question packs but I was able to fix that by myself.

Overall I can say that the game is really well done and it's perfect for playing a quick round when I'm sitting in the bus on my way to school. And when there's a question about a coaster I've ridden by myself it makes me even happier.

But there are also some questions aside from these height/length/speed questions where I'm like "How the heck am I supposed to know that?" For example: I see a picture of a coaster I don't know and the question is "What park is this coaster located at?" All the possible answers are Chinese parks whose names I can't pronounce and I obviously have never heard of. But that's not the game's fault, it's just a lack of my knowlegde.

Great game, keep up the good work.

• 2 months later...

At some point in the future, one workaround that avoids recoding and rebuilding might just be to list both units side by side on the answer button (Though that still means changes to the answer spreadsheet admittedly).

Eg: "How fast does this ride go"

- 100mph (160km/h)

- 50mph (80km/h)

- 75mph (120km/h)

- 1000mph (1600km/h)

At some point in the future, one workaround that avoids recoding and rebuilding might just be to list both units side by side on the answer button (Though that still means changes to the answer spreadsheet admittedly).

- 100mph (160km/h)

- 50mph (80km/h)

- 75mph (120km/h)

- 1000mph (1600km/h)

Why not just learn to convert instead of having someone go to a lot of work on a FREE app?

- 100mph (160km/h)

- 50mph (80km/h)

- 75mph (120km/h)

- 1000mph (1600km/h)

While its a solid idea, I have no plans to localize the app, sorry.

• 1 month later...

I just updated my ipad mini to IOS7 today, and it seems like the trivia app doesn't like it. Each time I've tried it, it's just booted me back to the home menu when I try to start a game.

It's too bad, since it's a nice way to kill a few minutes otherwise...

I just updated my ipad mini to IOS7 today, and it seems like the trivia app doesn't like it. Each time I've tried it, it's just booted me back to the home menu when I try to start a game.

It's too bad, since it's a nice way to kill a few minutes otherwise...

I am having the same problem ever since I updated as well...

When I tried it again later (doing a hard power off/on in the process since I don't usually leave the ipad in stand-by), the app let me play one game of each type successfully, then kicked me out when I tried to switch back to photo trivia again.

I guess it's just more finicky now, as I never had any problems with it on IOS 6.1.3.

Edit: Updated to IOS 7.0.2 this morning, deleted and re-installed the app, and am still having the same crashing issues...