TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Roller Coaster Trivia App Available on iTunes!

Would there be any way you could create a video pack. Like use a TPR video sliver and you have to guess the roller coaster, and other questions. Like using POV's, offrides, etc... That would be really awesome, if is of course possible!

Video would take up WAY too much space to be able to have an app under 50 megs.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I love the app TPR! I play it all the time on my iPhone. I am curious; are you guys going to update the app to support the iPhone 5 screen?! I know this is a minor problem, but it would be nice to see it on the larger iPhone 5 screen.

Eventually we will, however it's not on the current priority list of things. I'm working on getting a pretty big content update first. Supporting the larger screen will requite a whole new set of art to be generated, which is actually a substantial undertaking...especially when it's a one-man development team!

This app has become my current go-to game for when I'm bored/waiting. Definitely made me realise there's a lot to know about coasters, so I'm learning plenty. It's almost like one of those educational "games" teachers give kids to teach them spelling or math!

I've enjoyed this App ever since Robb made the beta version up for download - it's a great time waster on the train to work! Nice work Robb on this project - we appreciate it!

Quick question: I purchased the Photo Trivia Pack Two on my old iPhone 4S (and it transferred nicely to my 5 thank you Apple & TPR!). But, when I open the TPR Trivia App on my iPad - it wants me to purchase Photo Pack 2 again. Is the purchase device-specific and not account-specific?

Thanks!

(waiting for my TPR ornament to arrive....I've already picked the ride to hang it in for a Christmas holiday "easter egg"!)

Would there be any way you could create a video pack. Like use a TPR video sliver and you have to guess the roller coaster, and other questions. Like using POV's, offrides, etc... That would be really awesome, if is of course possible!

Video would take up WAY too much space to be able to have an app under 50 megs.

I've worked on a game where to get under the limit, it downloaded additional assets after being launched. There's also streaming possibilities... If you find a solid way to get around the 50MB limit, this would be a killer feature!

• 3 weeks later...
Why don't you do it as a jeopardy game for the larger screens? You could make a bigger gamestyle, like coaster hangman for the names, elements, and developers of coasters.

Because that takes a lot of time and money to develop. The trivia game we released took about 6 months to produce and was in the thousands of $$$ amount to create. Making a decent iOS game is not cheap. Making it "bigger" equals costing more "money" and that's just not something we are able to do right now, sorry.

We ARE working on an update to the trivia app which will be available sooner than later, hopefully!

Edited by robbalvey

We ARE working on an update to the trivia app which will be available sooner than later, hopefully!

Is this going to be a free update or a paid add-on pack?

Either way, sounds good!

Also, I feel so ignorant when I play this game...I wish there was a "GP" mode that was a little easier.

^make sure you read through the thread. This was posted on page 2.

You guys would get a lot more downloads if it was on Android as well!

I would rather have fewer downloads than support Android. I really do not want this thread to become posts about Android phones. We're not supporting it. There. Done. No more discussion is needed, so any further posts regarding Android will be deleted, and the poster will get a 24 hour ban from TPR.

This thread is about our Roller Coaster Trivia App, and those people who have downloaded and played it.

Please post if you've downloaded it!

Thank you!

--Robb

Edited by jray21

• 2 months later...

TPR's ROLLER COASTER TRIVIA APP HAS BEEN UPDATED!

- Over 100 new questions!

- New scoring system!

- New sound/music options!

- Some slight gameplay tweaks!

Point your iPad/iPhone/iPod over to the iTunes App store and download the app or grab the new update!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id544402890

and please, leave us a 5 Star rating if you haven't already!

Enjoy this FREE App from Theme Park Review!

ps. If you feel like supporting us, be sure to buy one of the 99 cent question packs in the game!

Edited by robbalvey

• 1 month later...

I found a bug/glitch/exploit/etc!

When you click "Try Again" after failing in General Trivia, your score rolls over to the next round. Any new points you earn will be added to the points you earned in the previous round. Theoretically, this could be repeated over and over to earn an infinite number of points.

Photo Trivia doesn't have this problem.

TPR's ROLLER COASTER TRIVIA APP HAS BEEN UPDATED!

- Over 50 new photo trivia questions added!

- Minor Bug Fixes!

- New photos from Cedar Point, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and MORE!

Point your iPad/iPhone/iPod over to the iTunes App store and download the app or grab the new update!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id544402890

and please, leave us a 5 Star rating if you haven't already!

Enjoy this FREE App from Theme Park Review!

ps. If you feel like supporting us, be sure to buy one of the 99 cent question packs in the game!

Just some feedback, I was alerted automatically on Tuesday via the Apple App Store function and downloaded the new update. I saw the alert on my phone before I saw your post here. Fun to play while your in a line waiting for rides. Maybe I will be lucky enough to get a trivia question about a ride that I am waiting in line for at the time while playing the game this year. Can you score bonus points if this happens?

• 1 month later...