TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Roller Coaster Trivia App Available on iTunes!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the game, and think it's a great idea. I sort of also wish there were some easier levels so that my non-coaster fanatics wouldn't be so overwhelmed, but I understand it's not really made for non-coaster people in mind.

I also understand that there's only a limited number of questions in the free version, but I played the game only 3 times before I had multiple repeat questions coming up. Maybe I just have bad luck, but maybe some way to take a question out of the selection process until all other questions have been picked? Is that a possibility, or is the programing a headache? I can imagine it would be, but you never know.

Anyone can play this question, even without a smart phone or mobile device!

I know it's been noted several times that it will be only available on the IOS platform. Really, it isn't anymore different than keeping a certain video game exclusive to a certain platform. Plus if you have an iPod Touch, you can just get it on that!

Random note: back before I got my iPhone and had no smartphone, I was tempted in getting an Android-based phone but decided to stick with Apple since I already have the iPod Touch. I still tend to use the iPod Touch for music and games anyway to help conserve on juice on my iPhone.

Any chance of an Android version at some point? I know you guys like to make fun of Android users, but there are quite a few of us who I think would appreciate it!

EDIT: Just read the thread from the beginning, disappointed that you don't plan on offering the app to 50% of the smart phone market, something I have to admit I don't totally understand. But it's your app and your decision. And hey, knowing Android there'll be a knockoff version coming out some time in the next few months!

Obnoxious replies like this are probably why there won't be one!

No more discussion is needed, so any further posts regarding Android will be deleted, and the poster will get a 24 hour ban from TPR.

This thread is about our Roller Coaster Trivia App, and those people who have downloaded and played it.

--Robb

Any chance of an Android version at some point? I know you guys like to make fun of Android users, but there are quite a few of us who I think would appreciate it!

EDIT: Just read the thread from the beginning, disappointed that you don't plan on offering the app to 50% of the smart phone market, something I have to admit I don't totally understand. But it's your app and your decision. And hey, knowing Android there'll be a knockoff version coming out some time in the next few months!

I guess you didn't read through the thread very well. Enjoy the 24 hour ban.

Still trying to figure out what it so difficult about not discussing Android in this thread. This is a thread about the Roller Coaster Trivia App. This is not a thread for Android users to moan about it not being available for them or how they think their phones are better than iPhones.

We have handed out 24 hour bans for people who seem to have reading comprehension problems and will continue to do so. Last warning!

-Eric (TPR Moderator)

• 2 weeks later...

I do not have an apple i phone so I am unable to get the game, but my brother has one and downloaded the game the other day and i played it and i really liked it alot. Robb, you did a great job on it. Every time I get with my brother he lets me play it and its a blast.

• 3 weeks later...

A4qC7A0CcAES7pN.jpg.a4dc3f2547ca415453a8e92ca0345a87.jpg

Working on a new update now!!!

This new update should include:

- New photos

- New questions (for both the free and add-on packs)

- Bug fixes and typos

- Ability to listen to your own music while the game is playing

- Share your scores on Facebook

- Game logic enhancements

- Difficulty tweaking

- Bug Fixes

We would like to know what you guys would like to see added/fixed/etc. No promises that we can get it all into this update, but we'd love to get feedback!

--Robb

ps. If you haven't downloaded the app yet, please search "Roller Coaster Trivia" in the App Store or click this link: http://t.co/hxwjeisR

Don't forget to give us a nice 5-Star Review!

Edited by robbalvey

I just downloaded it this weekend so excuse me if I'm mistaken. But I'd like to see a way to see your own top scores outside of the iphone gamecenter thing. Like personal top 10 scores or something.

Oh, and I love the app by the way

I noticed a few "bugs". If I swipe my finger to the left during the "Pick your question pack" section and tap the first pack it still asks if I want to buy the other pack (if that makes sense). The questions are not as random as I would like. I often get a question after 2 others and have gotten the same question twice in a row. As you said, there are one or two spelling errors.

Some things I like:

Easy, fun and very rewarding.

Love the style and layout.

There is a very wide variety of time periods, types of questions, regions etc.

Some things I do not like:

Randomization of questions

Why don't I get to see the correct answer after I miss my 4th question?

There are a few pictures that are completely impossible to identify. I believe one is SUPPOSED to be The Beast but I can't tell at all (It's a lift hill with the sun behind it at sundown)

I love the app, great work Robb and I cannot wait for the update!!!

I noticed a few "bugs". If I swipe my finger to the left during the "Pick your question pack" section and tap the first pack it still asks if I want to buy the other pack (if that makes sense). The questions are not as random as I would like. I often get a question after 2 others and have gotten the same question twice in a row. As you said, there are one or two spelling errors.

Yeah, these are all on my bug list also.

Why don't I get to see the correct answer after I miss my 4th question?

I kinda haven't decided if I wanted to fix this bug or not yet! I mean, on one hand, it's inconsistent with the rest of the game's lose state, this we know, but, it doesn't give away the answer which makes it slightly more challenging the next time you play!

There are a few pictures that are completely impossible to identify. I believe one is SUPPOSED to be The Beast but I can't tell at all (It's a lift hill with the sun behind it at sundown)

lol! I know exactly the photo you're talking about, and I do know that one is VERY easy for others... It's a trivia game...not every question is supposed to be easy!

I love the app, great work Robb and I cannot wait for the update!!!

Thanks! Should be out around the end of October/early November.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Would there be any way you could create a video pack. Like use a TPR video sliver and you have to guess the roller coaster, and other questions. Like using POV's, offrides, etc... That would be really awesome, if is of course possible!