TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2013 TPR Tour Questionnaire is out!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for anyone looking into the Japan option...

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-09/06/mount-fuji

Yeah, that might rain on a few parades. Or lava flow on a few parades.

Is it weird that this actually makes me want to take the trip more? While you are running from lava, I'm walking on rides at fuji-q (miracles everyday).

Even with walking on rides, you might not be able to get all of them done in a day with slow operations!

Just a few more questions about the Westcoast & Texas/midwest...

1. How many days will the possible Disney add-on be?

2. In between both trips how will transport work out?

3. Is there by any chance that we will visit Galveston/Kemah Boardwalk on(/ or by pre-trip add-on) during Texas/midwest?

I hope i'm not asking to much right about now

I have yet to take a TPR tour. However, I attended East Coast Bash last month. Obviously, ECB included both tour and non-tour members. I would estimate that a couple hundred people attended both days. As such, we had both morning/night ERT on multiple rides both days.

For the majority of park visits, say-during New Hotness, that solely include those on the tour, what is ERT typically like? Does it typically include morning/night and multiple ride ERT? (I am attempting to envision a more intimate, private ERT session on say- NTG, Outlaw Run, Millennium Force, etc).

For the majority of park visits, say-during New Hotness, that solely include those on the tour, what is ERT typically like? Does it typically include morning/night and multiple ride ERT? (I am attempting to envision a more intimate, private ERT session on say- NTAG, Outlaw Run, Millennium Force, etc).

This past year I went on my first TPR trip and I got a taste off all types of ERT. The larger chain parks ERT was like the ECB ERT but the smaller parks it is more "intimate". If I remember correctly when we were at Waldameer we even had the ride ops and the VP riding with us. Personally I love it when ride ops ride too but overall as long as Robb is there it will always be a good time.

^^^ Robb and Elissa have just started their China trip, so it might be a little bit of time before an answer on #1 or #3. For #2, Elissa can generally help you plan flights if you do two trips back to back.

^^ This is a tough question to answer since every park and every year varies greatly based on trip schedule and what the park is able to offer. I can tell you from experience that I have always seen people VERY happy at the amount of rides that they have gotten during ERT. Trust me when I say that the trip will have more ERT than you can possibly handle..

I have yet to take a TPR tour. However, I attended East Coast Bash last month. Obviously, ECB included both tour and non-tour members. I would estimate that a couple hundred people attended both days. As such, we had both morning/night ERT on multiple rides both days.

For the majority of park visits, say-during New Hotness, that solely include those on the tour, what is ERT typically like? Does it typically include morning/night and multiple ride ERT? (I am attempting to envision a more intimate, private ERT session on say- NTAG, Outlaw Run, Millennium Force, etc).

Except for bash events, the ERT is limited to those on the tour. On Road to Cedar Point last year, that was one bus with just over 50 people so it is much more intimate. I was able to ride Maverick in the back seat for most of the ERT session without getting out.

Unfortunately I haven't been on a TPR trip yet. I think the Texas/Midwest and West Coast trips both sound awesome. And the mini UK trip as well. I have not visited any parks in California. And the Midwest trip has several awesome new coasters on it's line up, a day at City Museum, plus a day at my home park. How much fun would that be with TPR? I really hope to make it on a TPR trip for 2013!

I am seriously considering Tokyo & North Japan 2013 as my first TPR trip. I realize the details are provisional, but can you give me a rough idea how much the initial deposit that is required in October will be? Someone mentioned $500 earlier. Is that accurate?

^ Robb and Elissa are on the China trip right now so it might be a while before you get a more exact answer, but for the 2012 trips the deposit ranged from $175 for the short Leviathon trip to $275 for New Hotness to $375 for the Beijing trip. If you have $500 lined up for a deposit it should be good.

Seriously considering the Texas/Midwest tour as its includes an amazing amount of really good theme parks, especially Cedar point. It really would be a great first TRP trip. Just waiting for someone to join me.

Seriously considering the Texas/Midwest tour as its includes an amazing amount of really good theme parks, especially Cedar point. It really would be a great first TRP trip. Just waiting for someone to join me.

One of the best things about TPR trips is that you will meet a TON of new and welcoming friends. Even if you can't find someone to go with, you should go anyway!

One of the best things about TPR trips is that you will meet a TON of new and welcoming friends. Even if you can't find someone to go with, you should go anyway!

This

I knew NO ONE before doing the Italy/Europe Tours last year and I ended up leaving with some really amazing friends.

After planning out trip this summer and chasing TPR event after event and meeting a lot of nice TPR people, we decided to do one of the tours.

Initially we were looking at the Midwest trip but after looking at the destinations, and realizing that after our trip at thanksgiving the only park we haven't been to will be Magic Springs. The City Museum buy out is a lure. But SDC is my home park so I will do a bash if Rob can pull one off.

So that left us with the West Coast Tour and Japan. We have decided we aren't really credit whores. What I am saying is yea we will ride a FC that doesn't require a kid, but as far as a kiddie coaster where we have to pay off someones kid, that's not our scene. We will ride and count if we get ERT.

So my question/worry is about Japan. Rob says, "it's full of screwed up stuff" what does that mean exactly?. Is it a bunch of coasters that are made fun of (like the knock off's in china) or are they a quality ride? Or should we just stick with the Cali trip?

^ You don't have to really worry about Japanese rides being knock offs - just a lot of very unique stuff you wont find anywhere else in the world! Crazy dark rides and walk-thrus, interactive shooting rides, weird TOGO coasters that are one-of-a-kind. Of all the places I have been to in the world, Japan has impressed me the most. I would plan for that over California in a heart beat.

Airfare from Frankfort to San Antanio and Cleveland to Frankfort (starting and ending point could be san antanio and cleveland for the midwest trip I think?) is approximately 1235 euros for August 2013. Does anyone know if these prices change and are they depending on the month? Right now it's much cheaper, only 700 euros. Thank you for answering guys