TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2013 TPR Tour Questionnaire is out!

Trust us. Please.

My post wasn't meant to discredit your planning by any means, I was just trying to give some feedback on the destinations. I loved New Hotness and this looks like 2013's equivalent, there's literally SO many top notch coasters and parks, I'd love to do this trip! Sorry for coming off as rude.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking into my third trip as well. And if anything, LeviaTHON sealed the deal that R&E know what they are doing. I mean how many times has a park just closed cause of rain? Not many if at all, and in not even an hour there was a back up plan in place.

I mean I was looking at Texas/Midwest, but length of trip might be a deal breaker for me, but that just means I pick from the variety of other trips out there (ie Mexico or Mini UK if they get offered). But if there's a bash on the mid-west trip, I'm pretty sure I'd do that.

I really like the MidWest Trip but with vacation time (Plus with my ex-wife having to "watch" my daughter for LeviaTHON being such a big deal) I'm thinking Mexico could be the one! All the trips sound great and I'm really hoping to do another next year. Anyone who hasn't been on a trip please trust them, they know what they are doing

As with every year, the trips all look outstanding with great park line ups. It will be extremely hard to choose what my 4th TPR trip will be, Mexico or Mini UK look great, but to ride all 3 Rocky Mt. coaster creations and end with some Maverick might win out.

For those who doubt what Robb and Elissa offer, the amount of repeat participants should be a big flashing sign that they know what they are doing. Each time something comes up they have always had a back up plan and asked for input as well, so trust them, sign up, and enjoy one heck of a fun vacation.

My proverbial "wheels are turning" for either the Texas/Midwest Tour or the West Coast Tour. TPR tours seem like a great time. That said, I will patiently await for the trip announcements. Since this will be my first TPR tour, I am especially looking forward to the experience.

I wished that I had the time available to join the New Hotness Tour this past summer.

TPR is known for the trips you guys put together, respected everywhere for the quality, care and effort put into making them so memorable and fun. You and Elissa have proven beyond any doubt you know exactly how to take care of your customer base. Anyone who has been on a trip or read a trip report from you guys or anyone else can see in your faces exactly how much you care about making every moment worth more than every penny. I get frustrated planning a trip to Oklahoma, thinking about the work involved here makes my head spin. Because of this, It doesn't really matter to me what trips you end up doing, if I ever get the opportunity to go on one again, I know it will be amazing. It might not be the most useful thing to hear, since you guys are trying to figure out the schedule for next year, but it is the truth. I like the mix of traditional and the possibilities of different, unexpected choices, which TPR makes certain to provide every year.

2. There are two Mitsui Greenlands. One on the Southern Island and one on the Northern Island. This trip would do the one up in Hokkaido. I don't think we're welcome back at the Southern one after Steve and TP Dave left half of their skin on the alpine slide.

Haha - I'll never forget those alpine slides and the skin "incident".

The Japan trip for next year sounds good.

A few of you have mentioned Holiday World and Worlds of Fun not being on the trip. It's important to remember though that we were just at those two parks in 2010 and we have NEVER featured Magic Springs on a TPR Tour.

Personally, I love visiting some of the smaller parks, and Magic Springs is one of those parks a lot of us would probably not visit without TPR. I really appreciate parks like this being on the itinerary - kind of reminds me of Adventureland on Midwest 2010, which I absolutely loved (just as much as Holiday World, as it happens!).

On another note, yay for a TPR return to Texas!

The Mini-UK tour looks like the perfect trip for me next year. I would really love to do Japan or return to Taiwan in the future, but I think those will have to wait another time. Just to watch everyone ride Gravity Max in Taiwan would be worth the price of the trip.

I didn't fill out the survey because with a newborn on the way I know there is no way I could even consider a trip fro next year but the Midwest/Cedar Point new Hotness trip sounds amazing, I would love to hit those parks with TPR.

Hope there are some great Bashes being planned for next year as well, I didn't make it to any this year but had a great time in 2011, and would love to try again in 2013.

I do not understand why people are dissing the line up of parks on any trip. R&E know what they are doing. I have been on two (North East and Leviathan) trips and I will continue to travel with them in the future. I trust them and I trust they will provide an amazing time EVERY time. EVERY detail is planned out to the extreme. Even when a park closed on us for "rain" they had a back up plan ready in less than an hour. They seem to make even the smallest parks amazing! I love when Robb gets everyone pumped during ERT times. Some of them have been really epic!

Anyway.. back to why this thread was started. Now that I look at the trips again I am thinking Mexico or Mid West. I will be at my company 5 years next year so I get a extra week of vacation to play with so that is definitely not an issue. it is just the money but we'll see, anything is possible.

Sadly, I once again likely will not be able to do a TPR trip this year. But the three I've been on have been three of my top five best vacations (and the Behemoth-Flyer tour provided what I still consider the best "OMG, how is this even possible?" day of my life thus far). For anyone who may question the amount of planning and expertise that goes into these iteneraries, consider not only the "rain detour" on the recent Levia-Thon tour, but also this:

The year I was on the UK trip was the same year Mt. Whatchamacallit was erupting and wreaking all sorts of havoc on European air (and in some cases land) travel. Fortunately, the eruptions stopped by the time of the trip, and it turned out to be a non-issue... but from what I understand, Robb and Elissa had a volcano contingency plan in place just in case.

Let me repeat that: a Volcano. Contingency. Plan.

If Holiday World isn't included on a trip, there's a reason for it. If the route a bus takes seems a little "odd," there's a reason for it (often with bonus ERT at the end). If the ratio of Peanut M&Ms to Starburst in the TPR snack bag is 40-60, there's a reason for it. And all of these reasons work out in your favor. Just go with it.

I'll admit that I was slightly skeptical on my first trip, handing over a grand to some random people I had never met so I could get on a bus with 40 strangers and ride roller coasters for five days (and I didn't even like coasters at the time--I just wanted to see the parks). It turned out to be the best decision I've ever made, and the Alveys have received some portion of my annual gross income every year since.

That said, is there any way to add a few days in Disneyland onto the Mexico tour? I think that would really justify the cost of that trip. And maybe we could stop by Castles and Coasters on the way. I've been thinking about this for the past 10 minutes, and I see no reason why it couldn't be incorporated. Thank you for your consideration of my brilliance.