TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2013 TPR Tour Questionnaire is out!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's several tours in 2013 I'd be interested in doing, but unfortunately I don't think any of them will work out for me this year (due to finances and other things). However, I'd be interested in pretty much all of them (except Mexico (not interested in the parks there) and West Coast (I live in California)) in a future year. I'll wait for the official announcement, but at this point I'd say there's a pretty good chance I'll just be doing bashes next year (WCB, BAB (if it happens), and maybe one more).

One Question: Is there any chance the Texas/MidWest tour could be split up into two legs? I'm definitely interested in that trip (more the Texas part than the MidWest part), but the whole thing is a bit out of my budget. I could, however, afford a $1000-1200 trip.

For me, I really wanna do the Tokyo tour for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it has been the country I have wanted to visit for quite a while now. And secondly, if I don't go on this trip, I won't have a summer off the rest of my way through college, and even after college, it is going to be more difficult to get 10-12 days off work or whatever. I don't know how long Robb and Elissa intend on doing tours, but I don't want to risk not being able to go with them. Planning my own trip would be a pain, it would be more expensive, less fun, and a bit scary. And really, 4500-5000 dollars for the whole thing ain't too bad.

I have made a pledge to myself

to do every - Japan - TPR Tour

that Robb and Elissa put together.

Until I can't do it any more, lol.

Period. It's just too awesome a

country to pass up.

(And yeah, there's that Disney "resort thing" there.)

I'll post my question here also.

Is it able to do the West Coast & Texas/Mid west back to back with an Disney add-on between these trips?

And for Japan, it's really going to Mitsui Greenland? Because when i look at google maps it's all the way down southern Japan...

I may be new to the forum and no one really knows me, but I'm more than down for the Japan trip.

I'm not sure how these TPR Tours work entirely though. I know it's deposit based, so does that mean a %age of it is up front and I can pay the rest sometime before a deadline near the trip? I could totally do like 500 up front and pay the rest monthly or something. This would, actually, be the only way for me to do it.

So the trip is 7-10 days, correct? Travel to/from most places is covered for the Tour portion. We'll have time to explore without the group as well? It would be neat to run around for a few to check it out. In all reality I would only stay for the TPR Tour part, as money would be an issue past what I can get for the tour, plus a little extra per day for extras.

Cheers,

garb

We always get new people on the trips, and they do just fine!

There is an initial deposit, then two subsequent payments as we get closer to the trip. We have always worked out with people smaller payments more often if that works better for their schedule. This is not a problem at all, just needs to be agreed upon with me before hand.

Everything else you say is correct. There are times we're all together, times we split off into smaller groups, and times you can go do whatever you want.

One Question: Is there any chance the Texas/MidWest tour could be split up into two legs? I'm definitely interested in that trip (more the Texas part than the MidWest part), but the whole thing is a bit out of my budget. I could, however, afford a $1000-1200 trip.

Most likely not.

I'll post my question here also.

Is it able to do the West Coast & Texas/Mid west back to back with an Disney add-on between these trips?

And for Japan, it's really going to Mitsui Greenland? Because when i look at google maps it's all the way down southern Japan...

1. It's very possible.

2. There are two Mitsui Greenlands. One on the Southern Island and one on the Northern Island. This trip would do the one up in Hokkaido. I don't think we're welcome back at the Southern one after Steve and TP Dave left half of their skin on the alpine slide.

I, too, would like to see Holiday World on the Midwest trip...I understand if it's not possible...just putting a request in...

Well, I know that Paula from Holiday World reads the boards, so maybe if she wants to help us out a bit with our visit (cough ERT cough) it could be a possibility, but as of now we just don't have the time to get there.

I know all of you ask for more, and you see a park somewhat nearby and add it in, but you have to remember that adding a park means adding a day of hotel, day of bus, day of meals, extra park ticket and extra day. Then you'll come complaining to me that the trip is too long!

Cheers,

garb

We always get new people on the trips, and they do just fine!

There is an initial deposit, then two subsequent payments as we get closer to the trip. We have always worked out with people smaller payments more often if that works better for their schedule. This is not a problem at all, just needs to be agreed upon with me before hand.

Everything else you say is correct. There are times we're all together, times we split off into smaller groups, and times you can go do whatever you want.

So then this is perfect. If the Japan trip is picked, I'll be more than happy to shell out for it !

I'm surprised at the length of the Midwest trip...San Antonio to Sandusky is quite a haul. I was hoping that it would finish out at Kings Island so I could end up at home and get away with only having to purchase a one way ticket. Oh well...that's the one I'm most interested in....mainly for the new Rocky Mountain coasters and City Museum.

I, too, would like to see Holiday World on the Midwest trip...I understand if it's not possible...just putting a request in...

Well, I know that Paula from Holiday World reads the boards, so maybe if she wants to help us out a bit with our visit (cough ERT cough) it could be a possibility, but as of now we just don't have the time to get there.

I know all of you ask for more, and you see a park somewhat nearby and add it in, but you have to remember that adding a park means adding a day of hotel, day of bus, day of meals, extra park ticket and extra day. Then you'll come complaining to me that the trip is too long!

That's literally the only gripe I have with the current Mid West itinerary. If we could substitute Magic Springs for Holiday World, I would try my best to sign up for this trip! I just feel like Holiday World is not to be missed, but if it's not possible I understand, I just now need to figure out a way to pay for it!

A few of you have mentioned Holiday World and Worlds of Fun not being on the trip. It's important to remember though that we were just at those two parks in 2010 and we have NEVER featured Magic Springs on a TPR Tour.

I have been to Hot Springs (the nearby town) but I haven't been to Magic Springs. I rode their wooden coaster when it was in Florida. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good. X-coaster looks interesting and bizarre.

If you go to Hot Springs, find some hot water to soak in. It's the only town I've been in where the water fountains in the downtown run hot and cold.

Voyage is my #1 wooden coaster.

A few of you have mentioned Holiday World and Worlds of Fun not being on the trip. It's important to remember though that we were just at those two parks in 2010 and we have NEVER featured Magic Springs on a TPR Tour.

I really wish more people would just TRUST US with the itineraries we release. Have we done anyone wrong in the past?

If not going to Holiday World is going to be a dealbreaker for you, don't go on the trip, it's that simple. Wait until the year we go to Holiday World. I can guarantee you we probably will also NOT be going to SFFT or SFOT on that future trip either. There is a balance of how a trip plays out, and we're experts at that.

Trust us. Please.

--Robb "I don't want to hear people bitch now, and I CERTAINLY don't want to hear people bitch while on the trip." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

I just want to go to Mexico and Review Tacos....the kind with real cheese. I understand the meat used may be mystery but it's an acquired taste which any seasoned enthusiast should have by now.

This will potentially be my third trip in as many years. I wouldn't continue to do them if 1. I didn't trust, and 2. I didn't have a good time.