TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

CostCo vs. Sam's

jumbach

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Costco of course!!!

You always hear about Whore-Mart employees complaining about how their "Company" pays them Sub-Standard wages! How they make their employees work overtime (Without Additional Pay) Lots of lawsuits Etc...

Everything I've read or seen about Costco seems to show that they are a decent company.

They pay a good wage, with decent benefits for their workers.

I saw a TV special about Costco years ago, where the Owner/CEO was being interviewed. Was he in some lavish Penthouse type of office, with an incredible view??? Heck no!!! He was in an average little cubicle like the rest of the workers, because he couldn't care less!

I mean this guy runs a Multi-Billion Dollar Company, yet he was very laid back! What a great attitude he had.

I've been a member for many years, and I wouldn't mind working for this company. It seems to be very well run, and it's been very successful.

Costco all the way. Sam's Club is dirtier and darker looker (compared to Costco's bright looking stores). Costco always has plenty of registers opened and makes sure you get checked out as quick as possible even if it means 2 employees per register. Sam's Club doesn't care how long you wait in line with them having no more than 3 - 4 registers opened at once.

Costco usually has more free food samples and better samples. Last time I was at Sam's Club they had Chicken Soup and Nesquick to try. Costco had Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake, Smoothies, Bread, Chicken Sausage, Nachos, and some loaf cakes.

And finally, I think the snack bar at Costco is better. The hot dogs seem better at Costco and they are better prepared to handles crowds at the snack bar. I waited less at Costco to get a hot dog and soda combo with 3 people in front of me then at Sam's Club where there was no one in front of me and only 1 person was there who had to take the money, put on gloves, get the food in the back, come back and then get the soda cup.

I don't actually have a Costco near me, but I'll echo what BelizeIt said. Costco pays its employees an average of $15-$17 an hour, and also gives full benefits (health and dental insurance, 401k) to most of its employees.

Despite the fact that they are one of the top 30 American companies in revenue, the CEO has a yearly salary of $350,000 (less than 10 percent of most other big company CEO's).

They also have very low prices and their stock has risen 10% over the last year. So, I guess what I'm saying is, they've proven that you don't have to be completely evil to be successful in the American market.

And finally, I think the snack bar at Costco is better. The hot dogs seem better at Costco and they are better prepared to handles crowds at the snack bar. I waited less at Costco to get a hot dog and soda combo with 3 people in front of me then at Sam's Club where there was no one in front of me and only 1 person was there who had to take the money, put on gloves, get the food in the back, come back and then get the soda cup.

To add to this, I was at Sam's Club again today. I was going to get a hot dog and soda combo. The line didn't move at all and there were people waiting for hot dogs after they ordered and paid that were complaining they were waiting for 30 minutes! Needless to say, I got out of line.