TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Largest relocated coaster?

What is the largest coaster to be relocated?

Per my searching this hasn't been discussed on here since 2007.

After a quick search my guess would be that it's now Dominator followed closely by Chang/Green Lantern in terms of length, and Deja Vu/Aftershock in terms of height.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the biggest but honorable mention would be the current Goliath at SFFT. Formerly Thrill Valley's (Japan) Gambit and later SFNO's Batman. So it's been relocated once from all the way around the world and once from a major natural disaster and is still operating. Unfortunately RCDB has no photos of it from Thrill Valley. I'd like to see what it looked like.

Oh Boy, I think you may have stumbled upon a topic that should be well worth studying to determine what was the largest relocated coaster in amusement park history. I know I can rule out coasters such as Wild Mouse, Flashbacks, and Goliath (located at Six Flags New England) because these rides occupy small sites. With Kings Dominion's Dominator being the world's longest floorless coaster and Six Flags Great Adventure's Green Lantern being the world's longest stand-up coaster, that will be a big matter up to debate.

I will say that I've seen rides moved around within their own parks and other rides relocated to other parks, and it should be a marvel for the technology we have today that makes these moves possible.

"I know something else that will be a marvel - you coming to bed!"