TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SFOT - You're Fired!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

since this is now the grammar and spelling thread, let me put on my English editor's hat (too bad it doesn't have mouse ears):

1) paragraphs are your friend!

2) Obvious some in this post don't like to have there parade rained on

"their" not "there"

3) spelling things in ALL CAPS and adding lots of exclamation points!!!!!!! doesn't make your argument stronger.

(neither does referring to SFoT signature "Pink Things" as "Pink Lady", but that's neither here nor there).

a strong argument, with examples and/or details (ie: specifics) is what makes your argument stronger.

and I have no idea what you mean by "Blue Bus" in Austin. Do you work for SuperShuttle?

Not to bust balls, but when did not capitalizing the first word of a sentence become en vogue?

oh, not feeling busted at all.

it's something I've always done, and has been my writing style for probably 40 + years.

it's one of those 'quirks' I never shook, and yeah, it drove my teachers nuts in school way back when too

(note: my login is correct in terms of capitalization, since I've always gone by "bert" -- it's a shortened version of Robert.

so if you drop the "Ro" that leaves you with "bert" -- hence the lower case "b").

oh, and since you brought them up, and since this thread already has Pink Lady (and Jeff!):

No worries...just curious, since it's a mild pet peeve of mine. Then again, my quirk I'm guilty of is keeping my "A's" capitalized whenever I print.

Also, this conversation is 1000x more interesting than what's his face whining about whatever the hell he was whining about.

No worries...just curious, since it's a mild pet peeve of mine. Then again, my quirk I'm guilty of is keeping my "A's" capitalized whenever I print.

Also, this conversation is 1000x more interesting than what's his face whining about whatever the hell he was whining about.

LOL too true.

and as I noted (kinda), my Minor was in English, so despite my capitalization quirk, my grammar and spelling usually tends to be spot on.

I think that's why I haven't gotten any complaints about it.

Although something bad happened to this dude to set him off in a rant, there are some valid points, SFoT has very much so declined in quality, even in my short 18 years of visiting the park, It does seem to be losing charm. By no means is this the employees fault, nor the brass. Between the times of 2003-2010 all I saw was deterioration, and lack of care, but ever since new management has stepped in I can tell they are taking steps in the right direction.

Obvious some in this post don't like to have there parade rained on. It seems some like to relish in their mediocrity of park experiences. I think anything you dish out to the public for a fee should be with passion and not with gimmicks! If your experiences elsewhere other than the SFOT at Arlington, well I can't speak of those parks and maybe they are the exception. . . Hurray! To the post on the Shockwave. It still is an awsome ride. I am NOT knocking roller coasters, just that there was little else to entertain you. To the last post: I thought I spelled out my disappointment clearly. What specifics do you not see in the boring category because of the cheesy gimmicks and the dilapidated scenery do you not get? No ORIGINALITY MEANS NOT ORIGINAL! NO TASTE IN EFFECTS AND APPEARANCES! . . . The Pink Lady ice cream was NOT the ORIGINAL! I can come to Austin and pick you up in the Blue Bus and lead you by the hand to the park and show you around if you are that needy for specifics! Offers on the table! Look you either know from experience and agree with my post or you don't. . . I make no apologies for it!

Fixed ? (via google translate)

It is obvious that many people in this thread do not enjoy having their parade rained on. I believe that some commenters relish in the mediocrity of a theme park experience. . In my opinion, any product that you market to the public should be implemented with passion and should not possess "gimmicks!" (unintelligible) I enjoy riding roller coasters, but I believe the parks should provide other forms of entertainment. (unintelligible) If you'd like, I'll travel to Austin on the Blue Bus to show you my opinions first hand. This offer remains on the table! You may either agree with me based upon on your life experiences or you may not. I refuse to apologize for my opinions.

I encourage you to grade my grammar.

Edited by Chroniq

Well, I work at SFoT and I KNOW that I work my best to give people a good day! I don't want there visit to be a bad one by no means. I was a LEAD in the operations department aka rides. I have moved to Guest Services and I hope to get into Guest Relations next season or after that. I want to be a VIP Tour guide at the park so bad and that's why I got into Guest Services. I work in the Toll Booths aka Parking Lot ahah. Yes I'm the one that takes your 17$ to park, don't make the prices . So if you see me say hello! I love SFoT with all my heart and I want to work my best to help guests have a GREAT day at SFoT! My only problem is being in a parking booth all day is hard to help many people out! I hope I can get into Guest Relations and help guests days get turned around the best way they can that way they dont have to rant about how they had a bad time, but rather how an empliyie helped them make it better