TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop for Selva Magica (Mexico)!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just wondering as the demise of the Tidal Wave/Greezed Lightnings here in the US seem so chock full of "well, they were well beyond their intended lifespan and would have taken too much money to refurb".

VERY cool looking ride, and very awesome that they're giving it new life.

I'm WAY late on this, but...

Tidal Wave / Greezed Lightning -> You had to put in footers.

Bullet -> Portable ride.

The cost difference right there is TONS, not even including any ride system work which may or may not have needed to be done. This is a great, high capacity thrill coaster that they could get and install cheaply, and if the time comes in the future where they decide to sell it, they can pack it back up and it retains almost full value.

I've always been fascinated by this one - can someone explain how it works? Here's how I see it - The wheels push you forward at first to get the maximum distance to power you backwards, you go up the spike backwards and then the wheels power you forward (??) so you get both gravity and a 'push' too? Is that correct?

Seems awesome. This seriously makes me want to talk my wife into going to Mexico sometime.

^ The cost difference is actually pretty minimal. Schwarzkopf coasters are all pretty similar in regards to operating systems and ride components, whether they be a permenant or traveling. The only difference is whether you pour concrete footers, or a concrete slab to put the ride on top of. Really, the portable rides built at permenant parks require more concrete than one with footers might.

I love, love, love the look of this ride and want to experience it so badly. I don't get why Boomerangs are everywhere and there was only one of these things made.

The standard Schwarzkopf coasters like Silverarrow, Looping-Star or Double-Loop - can easily converted to portable rides as the whole ride is already portable. The only difference are that there are no portable footers and the loops are secured with screws and not only by loose bolts. Bigger park installations are a different kind of cake.

^I guess the Boomerang has more inversions....

German showmen Goetzke only travelled with it one or two years and it was re-located quite often so I guess most were not really happy with it. I think a smaller park like this one fits well as with only one train the capacity is limited. Seeing crowds for example at Oktoberfest I think why Goetzke opted to sell the coaster. I never really understood why so many big US parks got a Boomerang...

^ The cost difference is actually pretty minimal. Schwarzkopf coasters are all pretty similar in regards to operating systems and ride components, whether they be a permenant or traveling. The only difference is whether you pour concrete footers, or a concrete slab to put the ride on top of. Really, the portable rides built at permenant parks require more concrete than one with footers might.

There is a huge difference between a flat concrete patch and structural concrete that needs to be dug into the earth in precise locations and filled out with rebar.

There is a huge difference between a flat concrete patch and structural concrete that needs to be dug into the earth in precise locations and filled out with rebar.

I won't start a big argument with you on this cause you seem pretty convinced of it. I'm just drawing from my experience with Shwarzkopfs at parks I've worked at. And I know that SFDK spent just as much on the Zonga pad than they would have for footers. It's really not that big a difference.

Bullet in action!

by Montanarusa.com (Milton Garduño)

Great to see this ride back up and running! It's unfortunate that whoever shot this POV chose to put their hands in front of the camera instead of holding on to the GoPro to create better footage. Could have also done without the guys head in the off-ride shots, too. But still nice to see it has been re-built!

--Robb "Sorry, I might be a little biased about shooting coaster footage!" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey