TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop for Selva Magica (Mexico)!

^You're totally correct in everything you say.

Magnum Force (or whatever it's called now) had these terrible seat belt type things added on that killed load time and were disgusting, it would have been better to put the accordions on it.

When Texas Tornado made the move to become Zonga they put some terrible bolted on OTSR's similar to Revolution at SFMM...those were also a major fail.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC:

When Thriller was delivered to SFAW, it still had the original trains from the fair circuit. At some point, Wieland Schwarzkopf (Via Premier Rides, who also mutilated the original design) had the 'new' generation trains with OTSRs added, which weren't that bad (at least to me.)

Wieland Schwarzkopf did develop new trains for Schwarzkopf coasters featuring the standard OTSR in place of the the standard lap-bar/jack-in-the-box restraints. They were based upon the existing Schwarzkopf chassis, but were modified for the restraint locking mechanism to work with existing coasters- so expensive modifications to the platforms would not be necessary.

It is my understanding that only Thriller/Taz/Zonga/Tsunami is the only coaster to have received the new trains from Wieland. Since then the patents have been passed along to Gerstlauer, who are now making new trains & assemblies for older Schwarzkopf coasters. I would be curious to see if Gerstlauer does make an OTSR package for a customer's needs if asked- and if they would do a jack-in-the-box restraint for new build trains.

Either way, a relocated Schwarzkopf Shuttle loop is good- as it is preservation, and that is ALWAYS important.

Praise be to Anton, Amen.

Any Schwarzkopf being rebuilt in it's original configuration is a gift to the theme park community. And by original configuration, I mean track and train.

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,057% agree!

These are the classics and some of the pioneering designs created by a genious that ultimately led to what we have today, not preserving them would be criminal.

Just wondering, but if this gets rebuilt, will we see new trains from Gerstluaer (SooperDooperLooper) on it?

Possibly, the one that was on it at Flamingoland was absolutely knackered for a long time before it left. As for keeping the original track and train, the track was modified before it went onto the fair circuit (before FL bought it), so it actually lost some extra feet off the station and the turn before the loop!

Just wondering, but if this gets rebuilt, will we see new trains from Gerstluaer (SooperDooperLooper) on it?

No this coaster will have the original train on the track. The train is completely overhauld. The only thing that is changed is the color... it's painted with a lot of bling!

Any Schwarzkopf being rebuilt in it's original configuration is a gift to the theme park community. And by original configuration, I mean track and train.

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,057% agree!

These are the classics and some of the pioneering designs created by a genious that ultimately led to what we have today, not preserving them would be criminal.

^I love you both even more

*signed* : - )

No this coaster will have the original train on the track. The train is completely overhauld. The only thing that is changed is the color... it's painted with a lot of bling!

If your information (by company Vekoma in the Netherlands?) is 100 percent for sure with the original train, I would love it! And I "think", I'm not the only one...

Still one question to you, Erik - for the case you know it yet: Will this new original (Anton Schwarzkopf) train still be with the shoulder-crawl-accordion-restraints (*OTSRs*), or will it be with the so much loved *only lapbars*?

Still one question to you, Erik - for the case you know it yet: Will this new original (Anton Schwarzkopf) train still be with the shoulder-crawl-accordion-restraints (*OTSRs*), or will it be with the so much loved *only lapbars*?

I dunno but I hope for only lap bars! The Mindbender at West Edmonton Mall has seat belts and accordions, but what's interesting (in a good way) to me is the modified lap bars and mounted grab bar. The lap bars have an additional bar a couple inches higher and the car-mounted grab bar is a little more forward than it was originally. This is good for encouraging riders to sit back since they have more stuff to grab on to that is closer to the body - especially for shorter riders.

Using these more accommodating "grab bars" would be a great compromise on *ANY* Anton looper (I won't mention *that* one again) and alleviate the problems with heads going down/forward entering loops and such, without using any sort of over the shoulder anything (shoulder bars, accordions, straps).

Thanks for the information, Elissa - sounds quite good for the beginning...

The only thing I can tell still, is, that I got an email from the themepark Selva Mágica in which was written, that they are planning to open the "Bullet" ("Wiener Looping") next year, in the Easter Season...

I love this ride and would love to get a chance to ride it now that I am into riding coasters more. I got on it without having any idea what it did at Boardwalk and Baseball, quite an eye opening experience. Pretty sure it was just lap bars when I rode. Freakin crazy ride, just brilliant! I think a modern version of this ride would be spectacular, round loops though please.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^I hear him (R.D.) moaning, yes

Thanks for the updates, pretty sexy I mean... can't wait for more.

Thri "This compact/portable shuttle loop coaster was unfortunately only 1988 and 1989 (showman Götzke) in Munich on the Oktoberfest/"Wiesn" - too sad "!!er

Out of all the awesome sounds coasters make, I can't think of one that makes me happier than the sound of a classic Anton train thundering through a Anton box-beam loop. Pure bliss.

It's probably part-sentimental, having grown up with Great America as my home park. The Tidal Wave could be heard everywhere in the park... and those blue and white lights, mmmmmm.

Out of all the awesome sounds coasters make, I can't think of one that makes me happier than the sound of a classic Anton train thundering through a Anton box-beam loop. Pure bliss.

It's probably part-sentimental, having grown up with Great America as my home park. The Tidal Wave could be heard everywhere in the park... and those blue and white lights, mmmmmm.

:- )