TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point 2013 Recreation [RCT3]

Hello all. I've been working on a CP project for quite some time now and think it's time I gave you all a little preview.

This recreation will be mostly NCS. If your looking for CS, turn back now!

So far I've completed most of the Beach and Main Midway. Midway Market, Toft's, Camp Snoopy etc. I'm really pouring alot of time and effort into this so I would appreciate some feedback and comments to help make this one of the best RCT3 CP recreations. So without further ado...

Parts of Kiddy Kingdom, Sky Ride, Giant Wheel, maXair, Windseeker, Extreme Sports Staduim(WIP)

Coliseum, Snoopy's Botique, Part of Planet Snoopy, Wicked Twister, Giant Wheel, maXair, GateKeeper.

MORE SOON!

*I am posting this on RCTL also*

Edited by JonnyRCT3

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UPDATE: 8/26/12

I've worked a bit more on this project and have completed some buildings and scenery around the park. Most of these are all WIP, so don't judge to harsh. There will be some more scenery added later.

Coral Dining Room (WIP)

Pagoda Gift Shop. Notice GateKeeper poking through the top

View from Midway Carousel. Looking towards Toft's Ice Cream and Donut Time.

*Wish I was on Wicked Twister*

View from Pink's. Looking towards Midway Market, Raptor and Blue Streak.

Splash Area (WIP). Hot potato and Attitudes in the backround.

Blue Streak Station. Trying out some CS.

Trying out some more CS on Blue Streak,I think I'm getting better at this

I leave you with a view atop of Windseeker.

Update!

Lots of new screenshots to show with you all today. I've completed most of the odds and ends around the park.

View of the Park from Blue Streak's turnaround.

Same, but at night.

Sky Ride station. Jack Aldrich theatre, Bayou refreshments, Hurricane Hannah's, Midway Carousel and GateKeeper in the backround.

The completed Picnic area. It's not 100% exact, RCT3 demensions are hard to work with. Bear with me people

Coral Dining Room, Joe's Cool Cafe, Pagoda and that random castle-like building.

Current construction zone

Final shot of GateKeeper with the Main Midway in the backround. I can't wait to ride this one in June.

Comments would be appreciated, feedback always helps me improve.

I would suggest moving Magnum back a bit more from where you have it. There is a food stand between Magnum and Corkscrew as well as plenty of trees. Not to mention Magnum's queue. Looks nice so far!

Thanks

That area is 90% differenet now. However, the size of the custom scenario (max-size) would make it hard to include said area(in its full extent) if I wish to Include Mean Streak( ). I will Try though.

Someone tried to recreate the park several years ago, ended up splitting it in two.

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510136

Might help if you're looking for some ideas/inspiration.

That a nice recreation, very good use of CS. I will try and incorperate some of those techniques into this recreation. And I'm undecided to split the park up into 2. One file would be everything but frontiertown, and the second would be frontietown only.

Mini Update.

What's to come. Currently working on the Dragster Midway. About 40% through. Backround: Maggie and her station, with Corkscrew and non-cs supports.

*Had to use some CS for dragster station. Nothing in-game would suffice. *

Me attempting a skyline shot

Mini Update!

I know it's been awhile, been busy with school. But I've made some more progress along the Dragster Midway while finishing up Camp Snoopy. Anyways, enough of that. On to the pictures.

Random Camp Snoopy building. Loli Swings and Jr. Gemini in backround.

Charlie Browns Cookout! (Camp Snoopy WIP)

Another Rainy night at Cedar Point. Midway Carousel is a WIP.

^That progress I spoke of. Gemini, Dragster and Maggie

In my opinion, Gemini needs to be redone so its an actual steel roller coaster with wood supports, What I would do is either use the Mine Train coaster, or the Hyper coaster with the "Wall Girders" in the colored walls section as wood-esque supports. And how are you going to do the supports for TTD?

Except for gemini, everything looks superb

In my opinion, Gemini needs to be redone so its an actual steel roller coaster with wood supports, What I would do is either use the Mine Train coaster, or the Hyper coaster with the "Wall Girders" in the colored walls section as wood-esque supports. And how are you going to do the supports for TTD?

Except for gemini, everything looks superb

Thanks for the feedback.

I tired that, and it looked terrible. The "corkscrew" track looks nothing like the real thing, the track and the trains/cars. The best way to do was for me to use a wood coaster and paint the rails black.

*sorry for DP*

Thanks to JoeyT from RCTL for giving me the advice to custom support Dragster. I think it turned out well, what do you all think?

Feedback really helps me improve, thanks for the advice JoeyT

I really think this turned out nice.

A rainy shot of Dragster.

Bonus shot. Can't wait untill May!

• 1 year later...