TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Batman Themed Rollercoaster

favorite Batman ride?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. favorite Batman ride?

• Batman : The Ride (SFGAdv and Clones)
    • Batman : The Ride (SF Mexico)
    • Batwing (SFA)
    • The Dark Knight Coaster (SFGAm & SFGAdv)
    • Batman : Dark Knight (SFNE)
    • Other

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B:TR, easily. Only been on the one at GAdv, which is incredible. The Dark Knight coaster (same park) is pathetic. Dark Knight at SFNE was really disappointing. Honourable mention to Gotham City Gauntlet. I know it's a mouse, but I liked the theming.

One of the very few, if any, stand-up coasters that beared the BATMAN name on it,

this was at ASTROWORLD back in the early fall of 1992. I was there for a

conference, but actually had the Sat.afternoon off, so I immediately went to

Astroworld, where the new BATMAN Stand-Up Coaster had just debuted that season.

I rode it several times. It was great for a stand-up at that time, and I really

remembered that one.

So, that's my "Other" choice.

EDIT to add: It also had an inline (?) corkscrew, which I had never seen or ridden

in a stand-up, for that time period, late '90s. I had ridden a few by then.

I would say my favorites that I've been on are:

B:TR - SFMM

Dark Knight - SFM (themeing was excellent inside the building and out, and it's fun to watch the pre-show dubbed in Spanish.)

B:TR - SFM

However, in the poll my finger somehow clicked B:TR - SFM. Gotta show some love

^^ I also put other for Batman: The Escape at Astroworld. I don't necessary like stand up coasters but it was fun. What made it stand out in my mind was the theming when it first open. The line went through a Batcave, then a park of Gotham. The line then had the Duck car that Penguin drives in Batmam Returns. Finally, ending through a hallway where you ended walking up some stairs to the station which was also themed. Even the ride went through a tunnel with theming.

I am actually a huge fan of the Batman clones. They are very fast paced, and pretty forceful. My head is always spinning when we hit the brake run! So right now my vote goes to the Batman clones.

However, I bet that will change when Batman opens at SFFT!

^^ I also put other for Batman: The Escape at Astroworld. I don't necessary like stand up coasters but it was fun. What made it stand out in my mind was the theming when it first open. The line went through a Batcave, then a park of Gotham. The line then had the Duck car that Penguin drives in Batmam Returns. Finally, ending through a hallway where you ended walking up some stairs to the station which was also themed. Even the ride went through a tunnel with theming.

Looked it up, did not know that Intamin made that. looks like B&M track, then I saw the subcontractor and it made sense!

Looked it up, did not know that Intamin made that. looks like B&M track, then I saw the subcontractor and it made sense!

Been on the B&M invert clone and the Dark Knight wild mouse, so my favorite would have to be the B&M invert clone. Although, if I was to ride the new B:TR coming to SFFT next year, I think that would become my new favorite.

Batwing, although not as good as B:TR, is still probably my favorite flyer, why the hate for this?

I only rode it once but it was just the other day. Awful loading, sketchy restraints, that weird flip into the drop, the really loud anti-rollbacks. Maybe if I had done it a few times I would like it but I didn't want to waste my time if I still didn't enjoy it the 2nd time. Also, no pretzel loop. :/

The restraints do the same thing the b&m ones do, just in a different way. The ride is very forceful and fast pace, and the flips during the turns are fantastic too. The pretzel loops are good, but they are the only part that is intense on B&M flyers. The loop is just as interesting imo.