TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR Fantawild Adventure Zhengzhou China

Erik_73

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what a great looking park, and the theming and detail look amazing. The Chinese parks really do a great job when it comes to theming their parks and rides. I wish american theme parks would put that much effort and money into theming their parks. Other than Disney Parks. Great pictures, thank you for sharing them with us!

One of these days, I'm hoping to visit a park like this. It's a blatant knock-off of other rides at Disney and Universal, but they're good ones.

That 3D simulator with six large moving platforms kind of reminds me of Despicable Me/Jimmy Neutron on a grander scale.

That Dino Escape ride looks pretty interesting. I'm very interested to see a POV video if there is one.

I just can't compare this to a Disney Park at all. It's like all the other Chinese parks in that when you get close up to the theming you see that it's really not that great. Also, my comparison to a Cedar Fair park was more because it seems to hit the 'secondary' markets in China whereas Happy Valley seems to service the 'primary' markets.

^ I think before people go comparing any of these parks to "Disney or Universal" they really need to VISIT CHINA to understand that, while, in photos, some of these places *look* impressive, but often times the operations, and the actual theming, once you get up close to it, leaves a lot to be desired.

Not knocking the place at all...just being kinda realistic as someone who's been to a lot of these Chinese parks...they are NOWHERE near "Disney" quality.

^ I think before people go comparing any of these parks to "Disney or Universal" they really need to VISIT CHINA to understand that, while, in photos, some of these places *look* impressive, but often times the operations, and the actual theming, once you get up close to it, leaves a lot to be desired.

Not knocking the place at all...just being kinda realistic as someone who's been to a lot of these Chinese parks...they are NOWHERE near "Disney" quality.

QFT.

Robb, I totally agree with you, all the theming looks very nice, but it is totally not comparable to disney or universal. The quality and durability of the theming is certainly not up to the level of those parks. Also their choice of theming is a bit too random.

Of course all the dark rides where "inspired" by the big parks; but are less in ride experience than their originals. Still it did surprised me that they had so many and so technically advanced selection of dark rides / 3D theatres in this park. This is something that make them stand out to the other chinese parks I visited till now.

The compare I made with disney was based on the fact that a lot of the broadcasted cartoons on the chinese television are made by Fantawild.

Its inevitable....you see a "main street" and a castle at the end of it, or you see dinosaurs etc. people are going to mention those two.

Anyway, it does look like the designers spent some quality time in Orlando...I see a few of familiar things, not even in the parks (Wonder Works anyone?)

^That is a shame that the theming is only a facade. If there is one thing you have to give these Chinese parks credit though, is that they know how to make their parks look ridiculously awesome as they definitely get your attention.

They DO! And like I said, I'm certainly not knocking it. I mean, better they create a "Chinese knock-off" of Disney or Universal than a park like Six Flags America, right?

They do *look* good, and some of them do have impressive rides and technology. But when compared to the real thing, they always seem to fall a bit short.

I'd still take some of these parks over many USA parks any day....

Shame you have no on-ride pictures!

It's a shame that you would complain after someone went out of his way to provide pictures of a new park.

And you are?

Sorry, let me introduce myself. I'm Larry, the moderator who just gave you a 24 hour ban for being rude.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the world class TPR Moderating staff!

Shame you have no on-ride pictures!

It's a shame that you would complain after someone went out of his way to provide pictures of a new park.

And you are?

Sorry, let me introduce myself. I'm Larry, the moderator who just gave you a 24 hour ban for being rude.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the world class TPR Moderating staff!