TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

My best photos from the New Hotness Tour

I considered doing a photo TR, but that would prove to be far too much work for me, I'll just let the other members do that. Instead, I decided to post my favorite photos I took.

The famous photo spot of Loch Ness Monster, Griffon, and Alpengeist at BGW. It may be one of the most photographed coaster spots in the world, but it is for a reason.

Griffon's first drop.

Loch Ness Monster's interlocking loops from that pedestrian bridge that goes right under it.

Intimidator at Carowinds from the observation tower.

Nighthawk at Carowinds, with Carolina Cobra poking through a little bit.

Windseeker at Carowinds. These rides may be kinda boring, but oh my god, their lighting package is some of the most beautiful I have ever seen; right up there with the absolute best traveling the German fair circuit.

Coney Island Cyclone. It's kind of like the "Troll 2" or "He Man" of roller coasters; it's so bad, it's actually good.

The famous Coney Island Cyclone sign. I don't know why it's still sideways. I am positive I rotated it.

Coney Island Cyclone again, but this time with the park's residential frisbee-type ride.

A large portion of the Coney Island midway from the Wonder Wheel, intentionally focusing on the metal "wall" and blurring the park in the background.

Barnstormer at Dollywood, taken from the queue of Mountain Slidewinder.

The famous (eventually iconic most likely) eagle sculpture in front of Wild Eagle at Dollywood.

Wild Eagle at Dollywood, taken from the queue line of Mountain Slidewinder.

Fahrenheit's Norwegian Loop at Hersheypark. I don't know why this one is still sideways after editing either.

Again, Fahrenheit at Hersheypark.

Great Bear, Hersheypark.

Great Bear, Skyrush, Sooperdooperlooper, and Comet at Hersheypark, taken from Sooperdooperlooper's station.

Anaconda at Kings Dominion.

Dominator at Kings Dominion. Again, I don't know why these photos are still sideways.

Dominator at Kings Dominion again, taken from the entrance to the picnic pavilion area.

Ghoster Coaster at Kings Dominion. Don't believe me? Look at the signage on the front car.

Just some guy at Kings Dominion selling glowy and light up stuff. I asked him to just get a couple swords and wave them around for a few seconds, and this was the result.

I305's drop at Kings Dominion, taken during the backstage tour. Just save these sideways photos and rotate them yourselves. I already did it on my computer, and the files themselves are fine, but imgur rotates them back for some annoying reason.

I305 during the photo tour. I noticed the reflection in this guy's glasses, I thought it was cool, and I asked him to pose.

I305 again.

Rebel Yell and I305, taken from the ferris wheel.

Shockwave at Kings Dominion. I tell you, if you ride a not-wheel-seat, it is a fun and smooth ride, except for the lead in to the helix. No one believed me... Oh well. Less lines for me.

Kings Dominion's Windseeker. The lighting program on these things are wicked long, probably nearing ten minutes, so you can get a huge array of different shots from just one ride.

Downdraft at Knoebels. This was the first day that I finally figured out how to take good night shots with my camera.

This, was Phoenix during Glow Phest. It was pitch black, so I couldn't see the lift at all, and I was less than a hundred feet away from it too. I had to guess where the train was going to be and I took the picture there, I also anticipated it's movement so it would be more centered, so that's why it's a little blurry. But the colors... omg the colors.

Power Surge at Knoebels.

Sky Ride at Knoebels.

Twister at Knoebels. Yes, it is an onride photo. They do not have any policy against onride photos, so bring your cameras on, people!

The Whip at Knoebels. I decided to add some Sepia effect to it because it's such a nostalgic ride.

Cannon Ball at Lake Winnie, taken from the drop tower. Lake Winnie was the other park that didn't have any onride photo policies, so I took advantage of that.

Some buildings in China Town in NYC, taken during Scott's Pizza Tour. A sideways picture is still better than no picture. I can't wait until the new World Trade Center is finished, I'll definitely take pictures of those when I come back.

The Smoky Mountains, taken on the gondola ride up to Ober Gatlinburg.

BTR at SFGADV, taken during the backstage tour.

Nitro at SFGADV, also taken during the backstage tour of the day.

Nitro again.

Nitro and BTR at sunset.

SUF at SFGADV.

BTR at SFOG.

Dare Devil Dive at SFOG.

GASM at SFOG.

And last but not least, Goliath at SFOG.

Edited by Tanks4me05

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for giving me a glimpse into your tour. I'm still waiting for Amber to arrive back in Aus to tell me all about it.

Some great shots, but as I was not there I'm not sure what is what and where each coaster is located. Could you please add some title to the photos. I could then enjoy them more. :airtime

Edited by AussieMum

I really like the one of Rebel and I305 on the lifts, that's the kind of shot you see parks put up on their sites for advertisements and what not.

Great stuff, As much as I love in depth TRs from each park (helps make up for missing these things) the abbreviated all around TR is awesome. It gets straight to business. Thanks for sharing.

^I never did it. When Amber said that I "wasn't invited" I made the mistake of taking her seriously. That and it was another $30 that I didn't really want to spend.

For those who have said too much saturation: In hindsight, I do see that some of them were too much and the people did appear discolored. But for the rest, I want more of a pretty picture than a realistic one. I generally try to crank up the saturation right to the point before detail gets lost or coloration becomes unnatural. I believe I am pretty good at looking for the former, but the latter still needs some practice.