TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Geauga Lake / SFWoA

I finally got around to uploading my images from when this park was still in operation. I also worked at the park around this time (2005-2006) on X-Flight and Steel Venom. It is still very sad anytime we drive by to Wildlwater Kingdom... You can't help but feel a bit sad looking across the lake and just imagining all the sounds that you heard every summer. The LIM's on Superman, the roar of Batman and the CCI shuffle in the turnaround on Villain... I miss this place, it basically was my second home. Nothing beat Fall when Octoberfest and Fright Fest started... Especially in the Six Flags days (Cedar Fair really neutered it badly with the no-gore crap).

So these are just some of the general photos I took back then... I will be adding more eventually to my Flickr page and such once we can locate old Fright Fest photos and whatnot. So I hope to find some other goodies.

I have more images on Flickr - Geauga Lake / SFWoA

PA310018.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

PA310011.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

PA310014.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

IMG_0396.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

IMG_0388.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

PA310006.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010067.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010058.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010048 (2).jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010043 (2).jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010042 (2).jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010039 (2).jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010031.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010028.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010026.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010022.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010034 (2).jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010008 (2).jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010007.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010006 (2).jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010004.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010004 (2).jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010017.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010060.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010016.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

p1010014 (2).jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010005 (2).jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010064.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010046 (2).jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010015.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

PA310025.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010003.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010002.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P1010001.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

And finish it off with our X-Flight pumpkin, crafted by our maintenance 'X-Flight Tech' John that year!

PA310008.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Edited by Invertalon

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love your pictures.... Expecially your x-flight photos... Our Panel at Batwing looks exactly the same at SFA. Did the ride act up at all for you?

Also the dominator photos are great... The loops looks larger there than it does at KD for some reason... probably due to the Eiffle Tower.

These are some neat photos! Having followed the Geauga Lake history since around the time it was still Six Flags Worlds of Adventure (though I never had the chance to visit), it is always cool to see photos looking back on the park when it was still in operation.

Just a side note: please consider uploading these photos using our attachment system. We'd love to be able to possibly include some of these in our Park Index for Geauga Lake if we could.

Love your pictures.... Expecially your x-flight photos... Our Panel at Batwing looks exactly the same at SFA. Did the ride act up at all for you?

Of course it did! Our big downtown issue was the individual motors on the back of each train failing (GAU motors? I want to say they were called). So the train would not recline, or stop halfway down or in the complete down position. This required a new one to be put on which took hours. So if we were two train operation it would go down to one the rest of the day. Generally not much of an issue when crowds were so light at the end... If we only had one available train though cause the other was down, we would be down for 2-4 hours for the replacement. By far the most fun ride to work though... We had a BLAST operating it. Checking harnesses and the recline cycles and all that. Made the day go so fast!

But overall, we were very reliable actually. Other than the issue above, I don't really remember too many issues. A wheel replacement here and there or something. Superman was much more unreliable. Mr. Hydes took the crown though for most downtime. I believe one day it went down some 50+ times? Always had fun talking about that with the crew after work!

It was a sad moment when I learned that Knight Flight was getting shipped an extra 400 miles from Chicago.

I visited this place a few times as SFWoA. It had a different sort of feel to it- definitely as if it had grown faster than it should have. It was a fun place, too bad that it ended up as it did.

Here is a second batch... These are bit older, from the Six Flags days (2001-2003 or so). Sorry for the small size, it is all I got!

Shows a few shots from the White Tiger media day on the Wildlife side, some pre-season prep, pre-modified superman, etc...

Pictures 126.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Pictures 132.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Pictures 134.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Pictures 135.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Pictures 147.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Pictures 155.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Pictures 159.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 753.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 760.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 772.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 780.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 792.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 809.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 817.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 822.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 823.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 837.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 838.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 852.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 866.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 870.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 878.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 894.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 897.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 898.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P4030031.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P4100053.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Zoo Lights 905.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P4100069.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

P4100063.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing these pictures. I never made a trip to this park while it was still operating. I did visit Wildwater Kingdom this past summer. It's a nice water park. You can definitely tell it was a Sea World park with the entrance, buildings and landscaping. After the visit in June, I've been checking out the history of this park. These pictures are fantastic! It's so sad the park ended the way it did. It looked as though it was beautiful. And I can't believe the picture from the roadway. It's somewhat depressing driving along that same stretch of road now seeing the parking lot all grown over along with the old park entrance and no rides to greet you.

Yeah, Wildwater Kingdom is somewhat bitter-sweet in a way. We go once or twice every single week in the summer... We love the waterpark and we are very happy we at least have something, but you never quite get over what it used to be, what was across the lake, etc... So many amazing memories growing up at those parks. It is extremely weird to drive down Aurora Road and see the parking lot filled with overgrown weeds and all that. Crazy to think what used to be!

My girlfriend is going to locate all her Fright Fest photos along with her general park pictures (at the time, she took 90% of the images at the parks before I was into photography!). So I look forward to seeing what else we have from the park.

Glad you enjoyed the photos!

I didn't realized how much was destroyed over there... I just took a look myself on Google Maps and it is creepy to see. I knew all the rides were out and all that, but all the buildings demolished to the ground I was not aware of (to that extent).

Oooooooh the memories. When the park was converted in 2000 I broke down and bought my very first season pass and continued to get a season pass every year till the end. Loved going out there on Friday nights after work to unwind and grab some great night rides on Villain and Batman Knight Flight.

As much as people blame Six Flags for the demise of the park (and that's a topic already in another thread) the SFWoA days were the most fun. Oktoberfest was always jammed with the vendors and live entertainment in the park. Fright Fest was also awesome when they had the monsters roaming and chasing guests all over the park.

I miss the park alot and it's hard for me to go by it if I'm in the area.

I agree, SFWoA was the PRIME for that park... Especially in the fall. Octoberfest and Fright Fest were simply amazing.

I am currently looking at a bunch of old Fright Fest photos my girlfriend took along with other park photos (lift-walks on X-Flight, On-Ride RWB and Superman stuff (had permission). So awesome! I plan to have these up next week sometime after my trip. I will update this thread once they are up. The photos from fall though give me chills though, especially one of the Villain midway with all the corn-stalks and such. *sigh*

Edited by Invertalon

Oooooooh the memories. When the park was converted in 2000 I broke down and bought my very first season pass and continued to get a season pass every year till the end. Loved going out there on Friday nights after work to unwind and grab some great night rides on Villain and Batman Knight Flight.

As much as people blame Six Flags for the demise of the park (and that's a topic already in another thread) the SFWoA days were the most fun. Oktoberfest was always jammed with the vendors and live entertainment in the park. Fright Fest was also awesome when they had the monsters roaming and chasing guests all over the park.

I miss the park alot and it's hard for me to go by it if I'm in the area.

I really miss the double loop and the out of control ride on Big Dipper. And I really miss Seaworld.

I didn't mind the Six Flags conversion, but it was such a gem of a little park before.

I didn't realized how much was destroyed over there... I just took a look myself on Google Maps and it is creepy to see. I knew all the rides were out and all that, but all the buildings demolished to the ground I was not aware of (to that extent).

Looks very creepy to see how the park looks now and know how it looked before. Always sad to see photo's of a closed park and hear good stories about the park.

oh man, this was totally one of my favorite parks when it was around, definitely more when it was Six Flags, obviously when it became CF they started shipping away almost every coaster to other parks. The location of it, the beauty of it and not to mention the SICK coaster lineup! X-Flight, Knight Flight, Superman, Big Dipper (such an out of control woodie) Villain, etc, it was an amazing place to get some solid credits! When this was open it honestly made Ohio the most dominant state for coasters in my opinion with CP, Kings Island and this place, not all too far from each other, I took a vacation for those 3 parks and it still ranks as one of my favorite trips I ever took, deeply miss this park, these pics rule so thank you for putting them up and starting this thread!

Slushie,

Love that cockpit photo of the monorail. That ride was always so much fun to 'drive'. Get in, push the button and relax. The only bad part was the section close to the road that it went so slowly by the wave pool. I always like taking a spin on it before I worked there as well.