TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Much Is Too Much Airtime?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can never have enough floater airtime, which is why I enjoy the Intamin pre-fab woodies and megalites so much. They have just the right amount of airtime (in between floater and ejector).

However, too much airtime is painful. Dodonpa bruised my thigh it was so intense over the tophat.

FINALLY (thanks Joey) someone mentioned Dodonpa.

I love airtime as much as anyone - but putting my hands up on that first front-row ride was probably the stupidest thing I've done.

Well - there are some Chinese knock-off SLCs and credit whore runs we've done on TPR trips which are probably just as stupid.

But, the pain from Dodonpa's restraint hitting a rider's legs is crazy-bruising awful

• 1 year later...

I'm pretty sure that hill on Dondonpa is the craziest moment of airtime I've experienced. The rather lackluster portion of track between the launch and the hill lulls you into a false sense of boredom, then WHAM! the ride tries to detach your upper body from the lower, and it's awesome!

^I'd really like to try dodonpa: that launch! And the airtime too. I can only imagine.

The ride I've been on with the most airtime was skyrush and it was definitely not too much. I mean, the restraints did hurt me quite a bit but that's due to their poor design and not the airtime itself. It would obviously not be painful if there wasn't any airtime but the problems lies on the actual restraints. Still, I just loved the ride, and that drop: well, it's awesome because you start going down and get quite a lot of airtime and then when you think that's it it just suddenly gets steeper and gives you a punch of negatives. Awesome!

You can never have enough floater airtime, which is why I enjoy the Intamin pre-fab woodies and megalites so much. They have just the right amount of airtime (in between floater and ejector).

El Toro is not considered "ejector" air time?

The Racer at KI was insane when i was 7 and weighed 50 lbs with just the lap bar. So many times i almost flew out to my death haha. I still get some air now in my older heavier adult body. Diamondback has great floater time if you do not staple yourself in. Magnum XL has crazy enjector air on those bunny hops.

Basically, no such thing as too much airtime unless you fly out of the train. Thats too much.

Cyclops at Mt. Olympus pushed the envelope for me!

For starters, I found it funny that you had to be 18 to sit in the last car, and it was QUITE the experience.

I rode this beast twice while I was there, and on the final bump before the turn below the station I flew OUT of my seat, and got bumped to where my butt was ON the dividing cushion in the middle of the seats. Needless to say this was uncomfortable....

It was still CRAZY and AWESOME!

• 1 month later...
I flew OUT of my seat, and got bumped to where my butt was ON the dividing cushion in the middle of the seats.

Ouch! That is too painful to imagine

Cyclops might has the craziest airtime I've ever experienced but it is still far from my limit. Actually I was expecting something totally insane that I cannot handle it. I think the drop-I-death is a bit overrated.

Is there such thing as sustained ejector airtime? I'm more a fan of extremely strong, but sustained, airtime than sudden bursts. For example, the airtime on the camelback of Speed No Limits is some of the best I've experienced, but I'm not sure what that falls under - floater or ejector.

In reply to the original topic, the only coaster I've been on where I felt like there may have been too much airtime was Grand National at Pleasure Beach. By the end of the ride the bursts of ejector airtime seemed back to back and I was being beaten to a pulp. However this is also the reason I loved the ride so much lol

Yes, there is such thing... Have experienced it on Chance Zippers before... Surprisingly not painful all, and was really cool feeling... Got completely ripped outa my seat, and just hung there for a second or two.