TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

1982 Rosebowl Parade Coaster

I recently ran across this on YouTube - the Jan. 1, 1982 Rosebowl Parade Coaster Float. I had seen the original live when I was 13 and was sad we weren't recording this with our VCR (cutting edge technology back then). Much to my delight, they played some highlights from years past and someone recorded it with their I-Phone, and they did a decent job doing so - this brought back a happy childhood memory for me. As I recall, they said shortly after this video clip ends that Magic Mountain had helped them with the design. It's stuck at the beginning for a few brief seconds:

Enjoy!

1982 Rosebowl Parade Coaster

Edited by KCForce

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats actually really cool in my opinion! It almost reminds me of those Pinfari Looping Star coasters that are probably extinct in the western hemisphere but there are probably tons in Russia....

Sadly, I don't think that can get past saftey regulations nowadays.

That is so amazingly epic, but it seems like it didnt have any restraints or was i just not seeing them?

^ There is one that was running as of yesterday at the Ocean City NJ Boardwalk. Also, it looked like it had just recently got a new coat of paint.

That is so amazingly epic, but it seems like it didnt have any restraints or was i just not seeing them?

^ There is one that was running as of yesterday at the Ocean City NJ Boardwalk. Also, it looked like it had just recently got a new coat of paint.

As I recall, they wore seat belts.

Not gonna lie... WAY cooler than I EVER thought a float could be. Layout wise I wonder if it inspired Blue Streak, the famous back yard rollercoaster. The layout is virtually the same if I remember. This is a random question I am not really expecting to be answered, but does anyone know the dimensions of the float itself? Anyway I would love to ride that thing for the entire parade! VERY COOL FIND!

I ride it every year when I'm down the shore. Fun little coaster!