TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Kings Paradise

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put some janitors in the queue lines and you are all good!

LOL if only real life parks could work like RCT, we would't need mechanical platforms for Floorless coasters, we'd teleport into our seats XD

Maybe focus more on bringing a story and some buildings with quality then adding new rides.

Trust me, I know it's really hard to wait, but it will pay off!

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunatly custom buildings are my achillies heel when it comes to RCT3, I can build stations with ease, but sadly...I just can't get a building to look right

You should really add custom scenery to the park, it could also be a little less-flat. I like the park though, it's just missing something.

Well, the Steelworx I used for some of the coasters counts as CS...right? My second park I'll try to make the train have more undulations.

=======================================================================================================

Year: 2008

CoasterInsider SPECIAL REPORT

8/3/08

SIX FLAGS SELLS WYOMING PARK

We have just recieved word that Six Flags Thrill City, that is the former Paramount's Kings Paradise in Laramie, Wyoming is repordatly for sale. A Six Flags spokesperson has confirmed to several roller coaster enthusiast sites such as ACE, CoasterForce, Theme Park Review, and us that due to the horrible recession that is ravaging the United States of America, causing a 120 million dollar decrease in cash flow, Six Flags' board of directors plan to put the park as a whole up for sale. It is also said that Six Flags is giving a 2 year grace period for a potential buyer. If a sale is not made by 2010, the park will be closed permenantly and the rides will be either demolished or sold seperatly to other parks. We have some helicopter shots of Six Flags Thrill City, as the 2008 season goes on, without any indication on whether or whether not it will ever re-open again.

Here is a shot of the main midway of the park. Several of the rides and coasters are pictured here.

Here is a picture of the famous Superman-Ride Of Steel roller coaster, formerly known as the Z-Force. We have unconfirmed rumors going around that Michgians Adventure, which is an amusement park owned by Six Flags' rival company, Cedar Fair was intrested in buying the coaster, if the case is that Six Flags Thrill City dosen't get bought.

Here is a picture of the "Joker's Jinx" coaster, formerly known as "Star Trek The Ride" when the park was owned by Paramount Parks. We have another rumor going around that Dorney Park is thinking about buying it if the case is that the park closes forever to replace the "Lazer" roller coaster.

Unfortunatly, rides like Kingda Ka, (formerly Top Gun) will be impossible to relocate, due to the fact that they are based on terrain.

We just hope that someone buys this great park...It would be heartbreaking to see Six Flags Thrill City share the same fate as Geauga Lake.

Oh my god!!!!!

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE!

=======================================================================================================

Year: 2009

CoasterInsider SPECIAL REPORT

1/5/2009

FAMED WYOMING PARK SAVED BY CEDAR FAIR!

We got some extremley good news! Last time we've heard any news about Six Flags Thrill City, we learned that Six Flags sold the park due to the economic crisis. We've been hearing rumors that another amusement park company had bought the park. Now today...we have confirmation that Cedar Fair L.P has sucsessfuly bought the park for $5,000,000USD!

Cedar Fair is also bringing back the original "Kings Paradise" name to the park that has been absent since 2007. They promise to give the people of Wyoming a clean, family oriented, world-class amusement park, as opposed to the "Coaster Ghetto" that arose when Six Flags took over the park, one of our members saying "Six Flags is really trying to make SFTC the 'Magic Mountian of the Rockies.' they just want to give it more and more coasters, not paying any attention to cleanliness and atmosphere." Several roller coasters will be rethemed due to the takeover.

Kingda Ka will be painted navy blue and black and be renamed "NightFire"

Superman-Ride Of Steel will be painted blue and neon-green and given the original "Z-Force" name back.

Viper will be given the original "Venom Rail" name back.

Jokers Jinx will be painted white and black and renamed "Flight of Fear"

Batman Knight Flight will be renamed "Vampire".

We hope that Cedar Fair sucessfully revitalizes the park and fix what Six Flags broke!

CEDAR FAIR!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!

So adding 2 coaster, one of them relocated, over a course of 3 years = turning into a coaster ghetto?

Slow it down a little man, give your park a little time to sink in and establish its roots. You don't see Six Flags Magic Mountain changing owners every couple of years...

I do like Flight of Fear though, decent outdoor recreation!

In reality, SF wouldn't have purchased anything in 2007. I believe they tried selling a lot of their properties at the time (including MM).

Nightfire is a cool name change. Doesn't sound very CF-ish at all to me. The other ones, I don't really mind, although the SF Z-Force name change bugs me. SF had rides called Z-Force already, so chances are they would've kept the name and added some other attraction called Superman somewhere else in the park.

Six Flags was around for about a page and a half. Slow down the story dude. Usually, a park is owned by a company for at least five or so seasons.

I will admit this park was a rush job, but I promise you. My next park I'm making completley from scratch.

So adding 2 coaster, one of them relocated, over a course of 3 years = turning into a coaster ghetto?

Slow it down a little man, give your park a little time to sink in and establish its roots. You don't see Six Flags Magic Mountain changing owners every couple of years...

I do like Flight of Fear though, decent outdoor recreation!

Techically both rides came from different parks, Batman (now Vampire) came from a park in Denmark, and Raging Tempest uses track from Double Loop from Geauga Lake.

In reality, SF wouldn't have purchased anything in 2007. I believe they tried selling a lot of their properties at the time (including MM).

Nightfire is a cool name change. Doesn't sound very CF-ish at all to me. The other ones, I don't really mind, although the SF Z-Force name change bugs me. SF had rides called Z-Force already, so chances are they would've kept the name and added some other attraction called Superman somewhere else in the park.

The bad economy didn't really get bad until 08, which in turn forced SF to sell Kings Paradise.

NightFire came from one of my favorite games from my childhood, 007 Nightfire for Gamecube.

=======================================================================================================Year: 2009

Hello! It's so nice to see that my favorite park was saved! I hope Cedar Fair really does good with the park!

Wood vs. Steel! Z-Force vs Thunderstrke!

Even with the new colors, Z-Force is still an undeniable classic!

I still can't believe the old Parachute Drop is still here, there's only a handful of them still around today! I think that a historical society in Laramie is keeping this ride open.

Flight of Fear (I still call it Star Trek) is giving thrilling rides as usual! It was my first launched coaster and I still think that this is one of the best in the park!

NightFire is still my absoute favorite though, from its thrilling overbank after the 0-70 mph launch

To the Immelmann that erupts from the mountain!

Sadly though...I've been hearing rumors that the 20 year old Steel Python is on it's last legs. The ride looks horrible, it dosen't look like its been repainted in about ten years, and its been getting more and more slow paced and rough due to constant neglect, in fact after one of the drops, the track literally warped due to deterioration, causing a painful pump.

Its so sad what this once great coaster turned into

On a lighter note, NightFire closes about an hour early so they could do the all new "Eruption in the Sky" fireworks display! An assortment of different mortars and fountains were mounted to the top of NightFire's mountian, but built far enough away to not cause any damage to the ride! It looked so beautiful!

Not only that, but a laser light show was put on by Raging Tempest!

You should rehab the Arrow Looper and be different than other parks.

You're going to have to wait an see what happens...

=======================================================================================================Year:2009

I was recently given permission by Cedar Fair to take some off-season pictures of Kings Paradise for my favorite coaster fan site, CoasterInsider.net. Here are two of the most "memorable" pictures that I have taken of the park as it prepares for next year.

They had re-routed the tarmac path and completley fenced off the entrance to Steel Python. I'm sorry to say but by the looks of things, Steel Python isn't going to reopen. I think the coaster is done, if by some miracle Vekoma will able to renovate the ride, that's great but I don't think it's gonna happen.

And.............

You gotta be f*cking kidding me.

They're taking out Flight of Fear!!!! Kings Paradise is REMOVING Flight of Fear. What the hell is going on?! What the hell are those sons of bitches even THINKING??!?! Flight of Fear is one of the greatest coasters in the whole park!! It's still incredibly popular to this day!!! This decision is SO asanine it's not even funny. I'm sorry but stupid decisions like this that amusement park companies make get me so steamed. And not to mention that they didn't even say they were going to remove it, not CoasterInsider, nor CoasterForce or Theme Park Review gave any news that Flight of Fear was to be removed!

R.I.P Star Trek-The Ride/Joker's Jinx/Flight of Fear, killed by the hands of corperate idiocy. You will be sorely missed.

wow, Dude, I think you are going WAAAY to deep into this park, cursing and saying stuff like stupid, bitches and f*cking, will not get you more comments or reviews because people will be tired of watching the same. Rides come and go, people have to get used to this.

Try handling things better with care and details.

Hope This new Cedar Fair era will be better for your park.

Year:2009

Hello, There has been a bit of a discrepancy about what is currently going on with Flight Of Fear. I had posted the picture of Flight of Fear being removed on CoasterInsider.net and people were assuming that Dorney Park in Allentown, Pennsylvania had bought the ride even though the park wasn't shut down. I had written a complaint letter to Cedar Fair about how they didn't even announce that Kings Paradise was going to remove Flight of Fear and today I got a response back. Here is some good news, The coaster itself is actually NOT closing forever. It is currently being dismantled, but not demolished. They can't give many details right now, but the ride will reopen, but not in the same location at the park. I will update again when they make an official announcement.

I just hope CF is right, because the ride is totally gone.

Track peices were found just outside the Olde Fronteir section of the park.

Your thread is getting a little out of hand. You've been warned.

Agreed.

And I'm beginning to doubt the story of "this park is already completed I can't change anything."

He actually put up an overview of the finished park on the first update. But fraroc, your story is a little crazy and seems rushed. Throwing realism out the door and making things up as you go. Just a bit of advice for your next park, add buildings and have a better, more thought out story. It will help.

Your thread is getting a little out of hand. You've been warned.

Agreed.

And I'm beginning to doubt the story of "this park is already completed I can't change anything."

But it is completed. I regret it though, because you know why? I feel like I'm going through the motions with each update, I feel like with my next park because I'm planning on building it totally by scratch and updating while it's being built is going to be more fun and interesting to do.

=======================================================================================================Year:2010

CoasterInsider REPORT

1/17/10

Flight of Fear saddle's up and heads out west!!

Yesterday, Kings Paradise announced via their website that Flight of Fear was moved to the "Olde Frontier" section of the park! A few months ago, Robert Fletcher one of our members and a self-admitted KP fanboy sent us a picture of the Flight of Fear being dismantled and we feared the worst for the coaster. But that wasn't the case! Flight of Fear reopens in May as "The Silver Stallion" in the Olde Frontier! Original plans were to have the trains replaced with horse-shaped trains built by Zamperla, but Zamperla told the park that their "moto-coaster" trains are not safe for multiple inversions so the old trains stay. The mid course brake run has been removed to make for a faster and more thrilling ride!

I honestly like the name Silver Stallion. Different from the Flight Of Fear names. But, I personally think the Olde Frontier is kind of crowded with rides. And it isn't a big area! Maybe spreading out more would've been a better idea. Just a piece of advice for your next park.

Year: 2010

CoasterInsider REPORT

5/7/2010

Pictures show that Kings Paradise will get a new coaster for 2011!

We have some new pictures of Kings Paradise taken by someone who did a trip report at the park! Lets take a look at them!

Silver Stallion is a big sucsess! Even though everyone knows it's really Flight of Fear/Jokers Jinx/Star Trek

Hope is fading for Steel Python. The ride has been removed from the park map, and is currently classified as SBNO on the Roller Coaster Database. Something tells me the end is nigh for the 21 year old Arrow looper.

And also, big news! B&M style track has been spotted where Flight of Fear used to stand! What is it going to be? The park already has an Inverted coaster and a Floorless coaster. A flyer perhaps? It remains to be seen!

I'm seriously thinking about killing the park after the next two updates. I'm no longer having any fun updating the park and it just seems tedious to me...

• 3 years later...