TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Kings Paradise

Ah who cares! I love the idea and execution. I haven't seen anyone try that. And you pulled it off. I also like Star Trek. I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical at first, but it's really good. The only thing I dislike is that there are no buildings around the park. Maybe restaurants and shops added around the park would round it out a bit more.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^That isn't Intamin track...

Otherwise, I like the idea of it, but Intamin track would make a little more sense. Nice overall.

Thank you! Unfortunatly, I can't do Intamin track due to the limitations of RCT3 so I had to stick with the default Vekoma track.

^Who says that Intamin couldn't have tried a new (probably painful) track style for this one?

LOL To be honest, It depends on how a park takes care of their SLC, I heard T2 at Kentucky Kingdom is really rough while Infusion at Blackpool Pleasure Beach isn't that bad.

I don't know. Who says that Vekoma gave them the right to copy their track?

I highly doubt that! if Top Gun at PKP was real, it would undoubtly be Intamin box track.

Ah who cares! I love the idea and execution. I haven't seen anyone try that. And you pulled it off. I also like Star Trek. I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical at first, but it's really good. The only thing I dislike is that there are no buildings around the park. Maybe restaurants and shops added around the park would round it out a bit more.

Thank you! I'm surprised no one has ever attempted a Volcano recreation with RCT3. Unfortunatly, buildings and custom scenery are my achilles heel when it comes to park making. I love designing coasters though....I'm surprised you liked

ST-TR (Star Trek-The Ride) because I unfortunatly had no idea what the rest of the layout was after the Cobra Roll and Immelmann so I just winged it and added a corkscrew at the end.

Top Gun looks great. Maybe do a little more landscaping on the mountain just to make it look and feel more like a mountain, or Volcano Parks looks to be coming together nicely.

Thanks for the compliment!!!

=======================================================================================================

Year: 2000

Hello, hello!!! It's Robbie again! Guess what? You know how in the last trip report, I mentioned the big plot of land cleared by Z-Force and I told you that a resturaunt or some flat rides may go there? Well, according to what I just found out via the official Paramount's Kings Paradise website, I was wrong! Just feast your eyes on this artists impression of whats to come this spring!

This is the statement posted on the website!

"NEW FOR THE NEW MILLENNIUM!! Stratosphere is the worlds first roller coaster launched with hydraulic power, making for an exceptionally quick launch of 0-70mph in less than two seconds! This exemplary new thrill also includes a 145foot vertical twisting ascent and a 145 vertical twisting descent before the ride ends!

(Creator comments: So you thought that Xcelerator at Knotts was the first Intamin rocket coaster, didn't ya? But anyway, if your wondering why the graphics are so low, lets just say that this artists impression was made with 90s computers )

Pretty cool. A bit small, but I'm sure there will be airtime on that tophat.

Yeah, well the reason why it's small is because its supposed to be like a "prototype" strata coaster, and theres some killer air on that tophat!

=======================================================================================================

Year: 2003

God, its been four YEARS since I've been to Paramounts Kings Paradise. Now that I have a car, I can basically go here anytime I want! So, now it's August 3rd and I decided to go to the park! to check out all the changes that occured in the years.

The first thing I noticed was that Acrophobia is gone! It became too costly to maintain and it's capacity was terrible. They replaced it in 2001 with a Zamperla Wild Mouse coaster named Ricochet.

In 2002, they built a huge Intamin A.G Gyro Drop tower named Drop Zone, It's the first ever 300 foot tall ride at PKP and It looks bad as hell!

What I really wanted to do was to ride Stratosphere. Upon doing so, I had to wait on probably the most EXCRUIATINGLY LONG queue line I have ever waited on for a roller coaster. It didn't even look that long, but I waited at LEAST 2 hours.

Supposedly, the ride only reopened last Wednesday. In the beginning of the season, the launching cable frayed suddenly while launching and a wheel fell of the train, causing riders to be covered with cuts and bruises and a 3 month period of it being SBNO.

The real reason why the line was long was due to the fact that they were only operating a single train! And the train itself only seats twelve people at a time, so like Acrophobia, its a capacity NIGHTMARE.

After that ordeal, I FINALLY Got on. Unlike with Star Trek and Top Gun, the Stratosphere had a built in countdown from one of the Apollo missions "T-Minus 5....4....3....2.......1......Liftoff." I thought that was a cool effect even though it takes away from the unexpectedness of a launched coaster, which I love.

All and all, it was an ok ride, not great. Very overhyped in my opinion. I'm sorry, but I'd rather ride something more substatial.

All was not lost though, thanks to Stratosphere's popularity, lines for Top Gun and Star Trek were non-existent!

I noticed something else, a massive plot of land was cleared near the Frightmare Villiage area. According to my favorite roller coaster fansite, CoasterInsider.net (fictional) they are adding a new themed area to PKP. Better check it out next year!

Year: 2003

I am still in shock after reading this article in my local news paper, and the scariest part is, all this happened just a week after I visited the park.

This is what it said.

No fan of amusment parks or roller coasters ever wants to hear about their favorite rides causing people to die, but sadly, it has happened twice at Paramount's Kings Paradise in Laramie, Wyoming just this week alone. The first death occured on August 18th, 2003. When a woman with a pre-existing heart condition died of a sudden heart attack on the Star Trek- The Ride roller coaster.

(Star Trek The Ride, The roller coaster in which a person died riding it on August 18th)

Michael Tibbits, the person that was riding next to the woman reported in his affadavit, "I was sitting next to her on the ride and after we launched, she started making these weird gurgling noises with ther throat and after we hit the final brake run after the corkscrew, I was sitting next to a corpse." Premeir Rides, the manufacturer of several rides across the USA commented that the "Spaghetti Bowl" model roller coaster was not meant for infirm individuals, especially those with heart conditions.

The second death at the Paramount Park was the result of a horrific mechanical failure on the Top Gun: The Jet Coaster, another fairly popular coaster at Paramount's Kings Paradise. Reportadly, one of the Linear Induction Motors which launches the train from 0 to 70mph overheated and malfunctioned during launch and according to eyewitnesses and people who were onboard the ride, it "literally exploded." Here is a picture taken on a moble phone of what looks like the malfunction occuring.

The result was one of the passengers dying of fatal burns and the train being damaged. Ride operators reported hearing "a loud bang" as the coaster launched and the train not having enough momentum to make it past an inversion on the top of the mountian. The damaged section of LIM was taken back to Intamin A.G, based in Switzerland to see what went wrong. The Swiss company has also agreed to pay the family of the victim $100,000USD in compensation. Both Top Gun: The Jet Coaster and Star Trek- The Ride have been shut down for the rest of the 2003 season for saftey reasons, but are scheduled to reopen in 2004.

Well that sucks.

It sure does sometimes "sucks" is too good of a word to describe these sort of things...

Year: 2004

Hello, it's Robbie again! After what seems like a period of nothing but bad things happening to my favorite park, good things may finally start to happen. Long story short, I found out via CoasterInsider.net what PKP just announced.

It's time to say goodbye to Frightmare Village and say "Howdy" to the OLDE FRONTIER!

Go back to the days of gunslingin' and horse wranglin' in this new area of the park. New attractions include the "Rodeo Roundup" a spinning ride based on a cowboy's lasso! "TNT Twister" a "rotor" style ride that puts you in a giant spinning barrel of gunpowder! And the coup-de-gras of all of them is "Renegade" a brand new "floorless" roller coaster built by the reknowned Walter Bolliger and Claude Mabillard of Switzerland! Renegade includes a 152 foot tall first hill which brings the cars to a top speed of 62mph, a 120 foot tall vertical loop, then a brand-new inversion called a "Renegade Roll"! then you will go through a series of twists and corkscrews before finally arriving at the station!

Here is a picture that the website released of the "Rodeo Roundup" ride.

And here is the TNT Twister!

Here is a picture of the new roller coaster for 2004, Renegade! So far it looks very exciting, but I don't understand why they consider the "Renegade Roll" a cutting edge element. It's essentially a dive loop, except with a larger turn before the twist and half loop. And I noticed there was no Mid-Course break run, which will make for a very intense ride with no slowdowns!

Also, and the official report didn't mention this, but Paramount's Kings Paradise is participating in a program to save retired racehorses from the slaughterhouse, and are giving them a new home at the park! Its cool that they're saving these animals, because I used to ride horses when I was going out with a girl who was the captian of my school's equestrian team.

And before you ask me this question "wouldn't the B&M roar spook the horses?" They did indeed think of that and filled Renegade's track with sand, so the infamous sound that comes from B&M coasters won't reverberate and scare the horses.

I can't wait to take a trip here and ride Renegade for myself!

Please take in consideration this,

You seem to be very interested in showing us your park and any updates that you make on it but please SLOW DOWN!

You are waiting 24 hours (and sometimes not even that) and then post something else immediately! and also the time period in your park, explain how its is, because sometimes is like 1 rct year for 1 day, or 3 rct years for 1 day!

For example, you went from a horrible coaster accident to a new theme, year and rides in only one day!

As it has been recommended by others, wait some time from post to post, its better to see real improvements in a long period of time rather than a quick change of mind and theme in only 1 day!

Hope you take this only as a recommendation and continue building Paramount's Kings Paradise as awesome as you're doing it!

Please take in consideration this,

You seem to be very interested in showing us your park and any updates that you make on it but please SLOW DOWN!

You are waiting 24 hours (and sometimes not even that) and then post something else immediately! and also the time period in your park, explain how its is, because sometimes is like 1 rct year for 1 day, or 3 rct years for 1 day!

For example, you went from a horrible coaster accident to a new theme, year and rides in only one day!

As it has been recommended by others, wait some time from post to post, its better to see real improvements in a long period of time rather than a quick change of mind and theme in only 1 day!

Hope you take this only as a recommendation and continue building Paramount's Kings Paradise as awesome as you're doing it!

Thank you for your advice!

Unfortunatly, I made the mistake of posting this park AFTER It was already done, I already have years 1957-2013 done on my computer and I plan on wrapping this park up before 2013. But I'm also in the brainstorming process of another park after this is done! And updates may slow down with school soon to take over my life

Year:2004

Hi guys, I managed to take another trip to PKP to check out what this Olde Frontier area looks like in person! I hope its as good as it sounds!

The entrance to the park looks so much different since Renegade was built!

The Old West theming is a bit cliche in my opinion, but it does have a charm to it!

Renegade had a pretty nice sized line all day, about a 30 minute wait. I've seen worse though.

What I thought was really cool was that on the in-station speakers, they played the song "Renegade" by the rock band Styx while you wait for your train!

"The jig is up, the news is out, they finally found me. Renegade who had it made, who took all the bounty."

Twisting plunge!!!

Only one word describes Renegade, INSANE. Renegade is probably the most intense out of all the B&M coasters I've ever been on. I've been on Top Gun at PGA, Vortex at PGA, and Riddlers Revenge, Batman, and Scream at SFMM. They can't hold a CANDLE to Renegade when it comes to intensity!

Because there is no MCBR, the trains just BLAZES through the corkscrews!

Only one word describes Z-Force, CLASSIC.

Stratosphere was closed all day due to mechanical issues (stupid dysfunctional Intamin rocket coaster....grumble grumble...)

Drop Zone still gives me the willies to this day!

And may I ask, what happened to Steel Python? This ride just seems so dumbed down and tame nowadays. What I think happened was that they added trim brakes in the WORST possible location, the first drop. You see the swooping section? The train actually hangs there at 2mph before the brakes release, reducing the top speed of 54mph to 48mph.

And due to that, the pacing is so bad in the first loop, I'm not even kidding. Its sad, this was one of my favorite coasters at the park, then because some people just had to bring heat on the park for it's mild roughness (its an old Arrow looper for chrissakes, not a B&M) they had to put trim brakes on and it dosen't help at ALL!

All complaining aside, I'm still very surprised with how Paramounts Kings Paradise suddenly became this massive hot spot for thrill seekers, its currently tied to Paramounts Kings Dominion with the most launched coasters. It also the most intense B&M coaster I have ever ridden, two all star woodies, the works!

And I'm proud to call Paramount's Kings Paradise my home park.

Year: 2005

CoasterInsider REPORT

8/2/2005

So long, Stratosphere!

Paramount Parks has just confirmed the rumors that Stratosphere at Paramount's Kings Paradise in Laramie, Wyoming is for sale and will be removed from the park before the end of the 2006 season. When it opened to the public on April 5th, 2000, Stratosphere was the worlds first Intamin A.G hydraulic launched roller coaster ever built. It's claim-to-fame was due to its powerful launch of 0-70mph in approx 1.8 seconds. Stratosphere was one of the first roller coasters to "go viral" on the internet before it opened.

Sadly though, this remarkable roller coaster had it's issues, In 2003, the cable which launches the train from 0-70 mph malfunctioned and caused a wheel to fly off one of the cars. The incident injured several riders as well as one person on the ground. It was also infamous for it's capacity issues, only able to carry 12 people per train and it was critisized for its short rie time of 22 seconds in which many roller coaster fans thought that was not worth a 1-2 hour wait.

Nevertheless, this roller coaster opened the door to new scream machines such as Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point or Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure and will be sorely missed. If you are visiting Paramounts Kings Paradise between now and mid-2006, make sure your get your last rides on Stratosphere, because after that, it's gone for good.

I still can't believe this news....last week, rumors started to spread saying that PKP was going to be removing one of their coasters, I thought that they were going to get rid of Venom Rail seeing as how it has low ridership and its rough, or I thought they were going to pull a "Hercules" and get rid of ThunderStrike, I did not expect that Stratopshere, a relatively new coaster, only 6 years old was going to be removed....

didnt really like the ride. It felt "out of place" at Paramount's Kings Paradise(soon to be Six Flags Kings Paradise because of the selling of paramount parks i know this because my home park kings island used to be owned buy Paramount Parks but was sold in 2006!)Cant wait for the future!

didnt really like the ride. It felt "out of place" at Paramount's Kings Paradise(soon to be Six Flags Kings Paradise because of the selling of paramount parks i know this because my home park kings island used to be owned buy Paramount Parks but was sold in 2006!)Cant wait for the future!

Yeah, there will be some changes concerning ownership in the next few updates, I can't give away much now though

^What? Why would it be a Six Flags park? Cedar Fair bought them all.

Oh well, I'll miss Stratosphere. It was a good one .

Thanks, Stratosphere will indeed be missed

=======================================================================================================Year: 2005

Today, I decided to take one of my best friends to Paramounts Kings Paradise, it'll be his first time going to the park and he's a big fan of roller coasters, so I'm sure he'll enjoy it! Also, I want to go to get my last rides on Stratosphere before it closes forever.

In fact, Stratosphere was the first ride we went on, the first thing we saw was these big yellow signs by the queue saying "LAST CHANCE TO RIDE STRATOSPHERE! CLOSING SOON!" And gave a tenative date in 2006 for its closure.

I still can't believe they're taking this out.....

You'll be missed, Stratosphere. Without you, the worlds biggest roller coaster would not have been possible.

The rest of the day, me and my friend just went around the park riding roller coasters and flat rides. His favorite in the park was Renegade, he sure is a good picker

He also liked ThunderStrike because of the whole "out of control" feeling that you get on wooden coasters.

I just had to take this last snapshot when we were walking out of the park. Stratosphere looked so beautiful at night....its such a shame that we'll never see it again

CoasterInsider UPDATE

7/1/2006

Demolition pictures of Stratosphere at PKP

I know this isn't a happy sight to see, but one of our members, RobMaster43 took some pictures of PKP taking apart Stratosphere.

Its not a huge coaster, so it dosen't take much to remove it.

At least they are dismantling the coaster and not scrapping it. Its giving us hope that it may reopen at another park somewhere, this could be just wishful thinking, but it is a possiblility.

Before you ask, yes I DID pull a Hypersonic XLC with Stratosphere.

Next: Cedar Fair buys all Paramount Parks. EXCEPT ONE. (dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn)

Year: 2007

CoasterInsider REPORT

12/13/06

Cedar Fair Buys 5 out of 6 Paramount Parks! Kings Paradise bought by Six Flags!

Cedar Fair L.P which owns the legendary Cedar Fair as well as other parks such as Michigan's Adventure and Dorney Park has acquired the Paramount Parks chain. However, one of the Paramount Parks was not included in the 1.24 Billion dollar deal. Paramount's Kings Paradise in Laramie, Wyoming. PKP is the only amusment park in the entire state of Wyoming and, besides Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming's major tourist attraction.

The park was put up for auction after Cedar Fair took over the chain. And three park companies were looking at buying PKP, Herschend, P.A.R.C, and Six Flags.

Soon a descision was made.

With the arrival of Six Flags at PKP, certain rides will be rethemed to fit the Six Flags trademarks.

Z-Force(Arrow Hyper) will be recolored red and blue and renamed Superman: Ride of Steel

Star Trek-The Ride(Premeir LIM Bowl) will be recolored green and violet and renamed Jokers Jinx

Top Gun: The Jet Coaster(Intamin Launched SLC) will be recolered green and aquamarine and renamed Kingda Ka

Venom Rail(Togo Stand-up) will be renamed Viper

Also, an entire new Bolliger & Mabillard Inverted roller coaster will be built given the "Batman" theme, sources tell CoasterInsider that it will not be a "Batman-The Ride" clone and that it will be a custom design.

I hope Six Flags brings many good things to the park!

Hmmmmmmmmmm...Six Flags, huh? I'm sure it'll be cool and all but....

The first thing they did was DESTROY A PEICE OF HISTORY! They F@ing took out the Amazin' River! The Amazin' River may have not been much, but it was one of the FIRST rides at the park, when it was still named SUPERLAND! I can't believe this!

....at least the new Batman themed B&M Invert they announced looks cool....

Personally, I don't like how you are using the names Joker's Jinx and Kingda Ka. It ruins some of it. Also, Top Gun doesn't really seem like it deserves that name, "Kingda Ka." And

I like the storyline twist. Very interesting. Can't wait to see what's next.

If you never receive criticism, then you'll never improve.

Like I've said before, you don't need a clique, or un-original story for your park.

Here's the silly format people always do:

Family Run Park > Bought Out By Chain > Bought Out By Another Chain > etc.

You may not be the best player, but that doesn't mean you can't try to improve. Take the advice people give rather than disregarding it with an excuse. In all honesty, you'd probably enjoy putting a bit more detail into each attraction rather than sticking in a hodgepodge rides just so you can update it.

It doesn't need a story. What it needs is more attention to detail. it won't take any longer than usual, but if you make the park look ascetically nicer and varied, people will enjoy looking at it more. That doesn't mean you have to become a slave to the community, it just means people would appreciate it if you put your own creativity into play rather than combining a bunch of elements for pre-existing brands. Sure, people can pull it off well, but not right off the bat.

-SCC

I like it. It "screams" Six Flags to me. However, it seems like you're moving way too fast. And I agree with SoCal, you need a little more attention to detail and to actually listen to constructive criticism people give you.

Looking forward to the next update!

Like I've said before, you don't need a clique, or un-original story for your park.

You may not be the best player, but that doesn't mean you can't try to improve. Take the advice people give rather than disregarding it with an excuse. In all honesty, you'd probably enjoy putting a bit more detail into each attraction rather than sticking in a hodgepodge rides just so you can update it.

It doesn't need a story. What it needs is more attention to detail. it won't take any longer than usual, but if you make the park look ascetically nicer and varied, people will enjoy looking at it more. That doesn't mean you have to become a slave to the community, it just means people would appreciate it if you put your own creativity into play rather than combining a bunch of elements for pre-existing brands. Sure, people can pull it off well, but not right off the bat.

-SCC

Best Piece of advice ever, Please Fraroc, take it into consideration, I know, you have already build your park in advance but there is nothing better than to give a little attention and care to a park, and even more if you like yours so much!

Can't wait to see what you have in store for the future!

Personally, I don't like how you are using the names Joker's Jinx and Kingda Ka. It ruins some of it. Also, Top Gun doesn't really seem like it deserves that name, "Kingda Ka." And

I like the storyline twist. Very interesting. Can't wait to see what's next.

Well..Idk why you don't think that Jokers Jinx is an appropriate "new name" for Star Trek, seeing as how they are both outdoor LIM bowls.

Thanks anyway

-SCC

Well, to be honest...I feel like a good park has to have some sort of story behind it. And the fact that the park was already made ahead of time dosen't help me either my next park will be constructed as it is updated.

Thanks for the advice though.

I like it. It "screams" Six Flags to me. However, it seems like you're moving way too fast. And I agree with SoCal, you need a little more attention to detail and to actually listen to constructive criticism people give you.

Looking forward to the next update!

Well, my main inspiration was not Six Flags, it was mostly Kings Dominion and Dorney Park. I'm trying to fix my update schedule to fit in with school, which means that once my second park gets going, I DEFINETLY won't be rushing it.

Thanks!

Best Piece of advice ever, Please Fraroc, take it into consideration, I know, you have already build your park in advance but there is nothing better than to give a little attention and care to a park, and even more if you like yours so much!

Can't wait to see what you have in store for the future!

Ok! Thanks for the help, Even though I do like it, I still wish I would have paid more attention to the details. I am not really statisfied with how Steel Python (the red and green Arrow looper) came out, It almost looks too unique in my opinion.

Year: 2007 Pre-season

CoasterInsider REPORT

1/8/07

Six Flags officially announces Batman Knight Flight coaster for Six Flags Thril City (Kings Paradise)

"New for 2007! The brand-new Batman Knight Flight hanging roller coaster opens this June exclusively at Six Flags Thrill City in Laramie, Wyoming! Suspended beneath the track, Adrenaline junkies climb a 160 ft tall first hill, then dive down into a 154 foot tall swooping first drop! Then, you go through several death-defying elements in the ride, such as a large vertical loop, a "zero G twist" an Immelman loop, and a double "wing-over" and an overbanked spiral as its finale!"

Type: Steel Track Inverted

Manufacturer: B&M

Designer: Werner Stengel

Height: 161 feet

Speed: 66mph

Height Requirement: 55 inches

Here are some exclusive pictures from the Six Flags Thrill City website!

This looks very thrilling and I can't wait to ride this, but I would like to point out that Batman Knight Flight is actually NOT a new roller coaster, It's actually about 11 years old. Batman Knight Flight was first built in 1996 at a theme park in Denmark named Adventure World Gardens, there it was known as the "Gladiator" and was built in the "Rome" section of the park. At the time, it was the biggest Inverted coaster in the world before Alpengeist was built at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Here is a picture of it taken circa 2002.

Adventure World Gardens went bust in 2006 and CoasterInsider got word that Gladiator was going to be built at an American park, they initially thought that Patriot at Worlds Of Fun was going to be Gladiator, but it was a custom made ride. And now we have confirmation that It's going to be rebuilt at my home park!

-SCC

Guys, he said numerous times that this park is done, and he's working off what he did as he went through. He can't change much of it now.

That being said, and I've said this a THOUSAND times, these are all games. Each of us play them for our own enjoyment. Some just make silly parks without much effort, others strive to create hyper realistic parks. It is what is is. You can offer constructive criticism, but that doesn't mean it'll be taken. The creator may be very happy with what he's got.

I do thank all of you for being considerate and polite in all of your remarks. In the past, this would have turned ugly.

snip

Guys, he said numerous times that this park is done, and he's working off what he did as he went through. He can't change much of it now.

That being said, and I've said this a THOUSAND times, these are all games. Each of us play them for our own enjoyment. Some just make silly parks without much effort, others strive to create hyper realistic parks. It is what is is. You can offer constructive criticism, but that doesn't mean it'll be taken. The creator may be very happy with what he's got.

I do thank all of you for being considerate and polite in all of your remarks. In the past, this would have turned ugly.

Well, thank you for sticking up for me, you really didn't need to do it but thanks anyways!

Once my second park gets going, I'll be much more open to outside suggestions. I will admit that I painted myself into a corner by building this park, THEN uploading it.

Year: 2007

CoasterInsider REPORT

11/5/2007

Six Flags buys a ride from the now-defunct Geauga Lake?

As you all may know, Geauga Lake in Aurora, Ohio met a horrible fate in this past September, several of the legendary park's rides were relocated to different parks across the U.S, unfortunatly some were sold to a company known as Cleveland Scrap where they are to be destroyed. We are hearing unconfirmed reports that Six Flags has bought something from the scrap company. While some may view this as cheap, some may view this as SF doing a good thing by saving a ride from the scrap yard, there is currently no indication of which Geauga Lake attraction it is. In other Six Flags related news, Six Flags Thrill City, that is the former Paramount's Kings Paradise has removed the Drop Zone! Blaming low ridership on the decision. The section of the park where the Intamin A.G Gyro-Drop was located, the "Coaster Alley" has become the park's "ghetto" area, due to the fact that Stratosphere's station still sits abandoned there. Only two rides are in that area now, Superman-Ride of Steel hyper coaster (formerly Z-Force) and the Ricochet wild mouse coaster.

(Drop Zone's former site)

CoasterInsider UPDATE

11/10/2007

PHOTO EVIDENCE CONFIRMS THAT DOUBLE LOOP IS COMING TO SFTC!!!

Shocking news, the ride that Six Flags bought from Cleveland Scrap was actually the famous Double Loop coaster at Geauga Lake, and the photo shows that track peices are at the parking lot in Six Flags Thrill City!

Will Double Loop have new life at SFTC, or will it be like Batman-The Escape and rust in silence at Darien Lake? Stay tuned!

Year: 2008

CoasterInsider REPORT

2/7/08

Six Flags Thrill City announces two "new" rides for 2008!

Today, Six Flags has officially announced the addition of two rides for SFTC this season. The first is Raging Tempest, which is formerly known as the Double Loop when it at Geauga Lake. The majority of Double Loop was scrapped by Cleveland Scrap, while the lifhill, first drop and two loops remained uscathed. Vekoma sucsessfuly restored the ride to its former glory by giving it new track and supports! The second is Dare Devil Dive, which is just Drop Zone recolored and renamed moved to a different area of the park! Here are some preview pics of what's to come!

Well, even though I don't really like that Six Flags is basically repackaging old rides as new, I do like the way this looks! I'm probably going to take a trip this summer, seeing as how I didn't go last year.

Year: 2008

Hi....It's Robbie again.....Lets just say that I would never predict the day I would say that I hate my favorite park. But my experience with Paramounts Kings Paradise, oh excuse me, SIX FLAGS THRILL CITY was so bad today...I was supposed to be there from dusk to dawn, I left within a few hours of coming there. I will now tell you what mad this trip so bad for me.

I arrived there around 9:40 when the park opens it's gates, excited for what was supposed to be a day of fun and excitement. The parking lot did not seem crowded at all, but inside the park was a different story. A giant meatwall of people, the paths were so disgusting, garbage was all over the place, throw up was all over the place and it stank SO bad, I was ready to heave up in sympathy.

The first ride I went on was Renegade, the line was incredibly slow and I could see people litterally pushing past other people rudley and cutting in line, making the wait even LONGER. I eventualy got on after a 1hr 45min wait

The second ride, Z-Force, I mean Superman-Ride Of Steel was honestly not much better, still people cutting in line, slow queue... I got on after 1hr 10mins of waiting, still the same old ride despite new paint.

Then I realized, they weren't cutting in line, they were utilizing the "Flash Pass" ride reservation system to literally allow you to cut in line! Now, I wouldn't mind that, if it didn't make the regular line so god damn SLOW!

Raging Tempest had a 3 hour wait. I was NOT waiting three hours to ride a coaster, even if it is a classic reborn, like the Raging Tempest coaster.

And also, the new sleek Vekoma made trains with lap bars instead of OSTRs still havent arrived yet, so for the time being, they used the rarely-used third train from Steel Python, I didn't even know Steel Python even HAD a third train.

And to top off the ensemble of my horrible day? By around 3:30PM it began to hurricane. And every coaster shut down, not even Venom Rail, excuse me VIPER operated, and that's the one coaster that operates during rain back when the park was Paramount.

But if there was a good thing that came out of this horrifyingly bad trip, its that Batman Knight Flight the B&M Invert that was built last year was pretty friggin awesome! Too bad the wait to get on was about 45 minutes...

Six Flags, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. Kings Paradise used to be the pride of Wyoming. Now its even more dirty and ghetto than its ever been. I'm sad to say but this once 5 star park now only gets 2 stars from me.