TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Retro Photo TR: Disneyland 1960 (HQ)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing pictures. I remember going to the park several times back in that period (living 30 miles away helped). I would lost all of my pictures during Hurricane Katrina, could you please send me the original full resolution scans?

Thanks,

Jim Ayers

Wow, this is incredible! Like others have said, the photos look great for being from that time period, and also for being scanned in from slides. Hell, they look better than some of the digital photos I've seen posted, haha. Seriously though, thanks for taking the time to post these and for the detailed captions. I love the mermaids!

I love pictures of parks from a bygone era, it stirs my imagination and wishing to be able to travel back to a time when they were brand new. It's really cool to compare the parks from how they started to how they look today. Those pics are in pretty good shape for their age.

My parents have some eight-millimeter footage my Dad shot there back in the 1950s. It's so weird being able to see the then-burning settler's cabin from all sides, thanks to the still very young trees and bushes planted on Tom Sawyer's Island.

Thanks to you now I more able to understand what the Guest could experience in the old styled MagicKingdom.

Of course I found a lot of pictures and recit , but no one was immersive like yours.

You're welcome. Those slides sat in a closet for 50 years before I decided to scan and restore them, there's probably a lot more out there like 'em that no one has taken the time to digitize.

• 2 weeks later...

Love all the pictures of the long gone rides. I miss the pirate ship restaurant. I used to love going there to get a tuna melt sandwich. I'm going to go through my Mom's old photos to see what she has of the park. We used to go there a lot in the early 60's. Nice report!

Love all the pictures of the long gone rides. I miss the pirate ship restaurant. I used to love going there to get a tuna melt sandwich. I'm going to go through my Mom's old photos to see what she has of the park. We used to go there a lot in the early 60's. Nice report!

Thanks, I'd love to see your photos too if you find some.