TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Attention Terrible Bronies!

In order to get KT the newest MLP stuff that came out I bought in bulk. Therefore I have some extras of the following:

These are brand new, just released still in original packaging!

Just want fare normal pricing for them...let me know!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order to get KT the newest MLP stuff that came out I bought in bulk. Therefore I have some extras of the following:

These are brand new, just released still in original packaging!

Just want fare normal pricing for them...let me know!

I want that Granny Smith and Big Macintosh (bottom left and bottom center) like its nobody's business. Prices, please

I remember when grown men didn't watch childrens cartoons.

There's a huge difference between grown men watching children's cartoons (many of which are still awesome) and grown men religiously following a children's cartoon meant for girls.

I remember when grown men didn't watch childrens cartoons.

There's a huge difference between grown men watching children's cartoons (many of which are still awesome) and grown men religiously following a children's cartoon meant for girls.

How is the fact that its a show meant for little girls a huge difference between watching something like Adventure Time?

Granted, there are some really vocal and really, REALLY creepy fans of the show (search "pony thread simulator" on Youtube at your own risk) but that doesn't detract from the fact that its a smartly written and very funny series with lots of great characters. That's all I'll say on the issue as Elissa probably didn't put this up for people to argue about why ponies are great/stupid/etc.

I just really want that Granny Smith. I can't believe there's an official pony of her now. Can't wait for Elissa to post prices.

Granted, there are some really vocal and really, REALLY creepy fans of the show (search "pony thread simulator" on Youtube at your own risk) but that doesn't detract from the fact that its a smartly written and very funny series with lots of great characters.

Um, no. By that rationale, it's exactly why it does. Oh, and the fact that it's meant for little girls, but who's keeping score, right?

I love this thread. It's like laying out the bait, "Catch a Predator-style." Bronies, please keep identifying yourselves.

I'll pitch in another $5 if I could personally mutilate that stupid horse with the walker.....and post it to YouTube.

How is the fact that its a show meant for little girls a huge difference between watching something like Adventure Time?

My husband and I watch Adventure Time. This is not a valid argument. Adventure Time is not written for 5-year-old girls. You're missing the "target audience" factor here. That's the huge difference. It would be like saying, what's the huge difference in watching a show meant for little girls and watching Family Guy. Just because they're both cartoons doesn't mean that they're basically the same. Point not taken.

I will get torn apart for this, but I thought this quote fit:

I didn’t create this show for little girls, I created it for little girls and their parents—including male parents. It only stands to reason that adult animation fans without children may like it, too. 

The belief that boys shouldn’t be interested in girl things is the main reason there’s hardly anything decent for girls in animation—- or almost any media, for that matter. It’s a backwards, sexist, outdated attitude.

-Lauren Faust (show creator)

Also going to leave this here:

Because every little kid will get a Big Lebowski reference...

[/rant]

Are you a male parent??? Sure, there is adult humor in a lot of children's cartoon. It is put there for parents who are forced to watch these shows for the entertainment of their children. And if my 3 year old son wanted to watch a show intended for girls, more power to him. If he is entertained by it, I'm all for it. There is a difference between sexual stereotyping (girls play with dolls, boys play with action figures) and grown men, with no children, obsessing over a show about ponies.

Are you a male parent??? Sure, there is adult humor in a lot of children's cartoon. It is put there for parents who are forced to watch these shows for the entertainment of their children. And if my 3 year old son wanted to watch a show intended for girls, more power to him. If he is entertained by it, I'm all for it. There is a difference between sexual stereotyping (girls play with dolls, boys play with action figures) and grown men, with no children, obsessing over a show about ponies.

This!

As parents of 5 and 6 year old girls, my husband and I have been forced to watch a lot of kids' shows, and yes, we appreciate the humor in some of them that is intended for the parental viewers. But then again, we wouldn't be watching these shows if we didn't have 5 and 6 year old girls. And we certainly wouldn't be purchasing toys of the characters. I guarantee you my husband would not know the theme songs to iCarly and Victorious and Ruby Gloom if we didn't have daughters. It's not about stereotyping that it's only for girls; if boys want to watch a show about ponies, no problem. It's about grown men watching and obsessing over a children's show, and then going out and collecting ponies that 5-year-old girls play with. That's disturbing to me.

This!

As parents of 5 and 6 year old girls, my husband and I have been forced to watch a lot of kids' shows, and yes, we appreciate the humor in some of them that is intended for the parental viewers. But then again, we wouldn't be watching these shows if we didn't have 5 and 6 year old girls. And we certainly wouldn't be purchasing toys of the characters. I guarantee you my husband would not know the theme songs to iCarly and Victorious and Ruby Gloom if we didn't have daughters. It's not about stereotyping that it's only for girls; if boys want to watch a show about ponies, no problem. It's about grown men watching and obsessing over a children's show, and then going out and collecting ponies that 5-year-old girls play with. That's disturbing to me.

Well, unfortunately that's the low men in this country have stooped to. It really is crazy how full grown men obsess over these little girl shows like little girls.