TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The DNA of griffonj [RCT3]

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that looks like a big, red, twisted knot of epic! Also, if you dont mind me asking, what CS do you use for the colored glass that seems to show up in all of your projects?

Thanks...I believe it's Moby's Glasshouse & Framework set. A quick Google and it's the first site that comes up. It's pretty easy to use and has multiple opportunities!

Looking for someone new to follow on Instagram? Head on over to my new page @griffonjofficial! This is the first social media outlet that I'm delving into since Twitter (@griffonj2022), with more to follow in the future. Be sure after reading this to hop onto Instagram and follow, as well as Twitter. I only have one follow on Twitter, and want to be up to at least 50. I tweet occasionally but if I receive a lot of followers on both accounts you might all get inside views on upcoming attractions and PHASE III!

NeurENRG is coming this week too.

Edited by griffonj2022

logo_300.png.9a2145c7d49c9cc2497f155f18d31a08.png

Ideas begin with a simple burst, a small energetic rush that weaves and swirls until it reaches the core. Finally, they erupt from the underground, pushing to the surface and running their course with intensity and ferocity unlike those before them. The basis behind NeurENRG is that very principle.

NeurENRG is a unique addition to the DNA Phase. The first of it's kind, NeurENRG is a B&M Launching Coaster that instead of launching at a 0 degree angle, launches at a 70 degree angle. Shooting up out of the glassy core of the earth, the ride then features 7 airtime hills, multiple moments of negative G's and transitions, and even a splashdown into the Lake of Neurology. All of these elements come together to create a new and exciting attraction for the DNA Phase that adds another strand to griffonj's DNA; a strand that not only shows creativity, but also pure fun.

STATISTICS

Length: 4,000+ feet

Height: 135 feet

Maximum Speed: 60+ mph

Launch 1 Speed: 29 mph

Launch 2 Speed: 48 mph

Maximum +G's: +4 G

Maximum -G's: -1.5 G

Maximum Lateral G's: 2 G

Maximum Vertical Angle: 85 degrees

Ride Time: 1:00+

Trains: 2 - 7 cars per train

Technology: Linear Synchronous Motors

NeurENRG

• 2 weeks later...

While filming the POV for DiVE, my computer crashed and didn't seem to want anything to do with me, so DiVE won't be released until tomorrow. I apologize for this, but my computer is rather fickle and can either work or freeze, and today it chose the latter of the two. However, i promise that the release will be tomorrow, so get ready to take a plunge!

image.thumb.jpg.c32c8963ce2fc7242aeb7f0084a72b52.jpg

Can you please use CPisco's footers or Weber's footers? I think they would compliment the ride more than your current footers. Otherwise, I like this ride. Could also use some rocks and ground cover too though.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've "produced" (footed and supported) these rides I'm releasing a few months back, so most of what you'll be seeing footer-wise is older. However, different footers, supports, scenery, etc. will be used in the coming months, so your suggestion isn't far off from what I've been using lately! Works with this picture too...

image.thumb.jpg.c32c8963ce2fc7242aeb7f0084a72b52.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.cc725e541acb06bd5f2b2d1bbc21134e.jpg

911625578_DiVELogo.png.3fe9e950ba4eb96d4e287d55c6067f3a.png

Are you ready to take the plunge? Drop like an anchor over 160 feet into the water below on the first ever Dive Machine by griffonj2022. Modeled after other successful Dive Machines such as Griffon, Krake, and SheiKra, DiVE features two vertical drops, two Immelman inversions, and two splashdowns, making it one of the first Dive Machine models to feature two of every distinct element.

Not only does DiVE illustrate the idea of a Dive Machine with clarity, it also adds another layer onto griffonj's DNA. The ride was designed to portray an individual diving into the water only to rise up and take a big breath of fresh air, as well as feature water as one main part of the ride itself.

Overall, DiVE may be the 7th ride of the DNA Phase, but it unlocks the door to the next ride, which may be revealed in the video for DiVE if you look closely...

DiVE

Take the Plunge

-159 feet tall

-165 foot drop

-2 vertical drops

-2 Immelman inversions

-2 splashdowns

-4.5+ G's

-1.3- G's

-2:32 ride time

-3,285 feet long

-3 trains, 3 cars per train, 10 passengers per row

If someone can name #8 in the DNA Phase, you'll get an exclusive POV of the ride before anyone else! Do you have good enough eyes to find it in the video above? DM me if you think you have the answer!

Just a reminder that I have recently started a Twitter account @griffonj2022! Be sure to follow for new updates, daily tweets about new rides bad upcoming projects, and even some extras now and then.

DiVE has also been released above! #8 is coming around next week; ready to be inverted 9 times on one ride? It's another fun one that I'm excited to release!

1. Immelmann

2. Zero-G Roll

3. Batwing

4. Batwing

5. Flatspin

6. Loop

7. Corkscrew

8. Zero-G Roll

9. Corkscrew

image.thumb.jpg.7ba4c00ce7460a5bad8f64d91389197c.jpg

JUNE 2013

If you can name #8 you may get a sneak peek at what's in store for next month. Here's a hint...check the video for DiVE above. Are you willing to Turn Your World Upside-Down?

• 2 weeks later...

LIM·IT

n.

1. The point, edge, or line beyond which something cannot or may not proceed.

2. The boundary surrounding a specific area; bounds:

3. A confining or restricting object, agent, or influence.

4. The greatest or least amount, number, or extent allowed or possible

INTRODUCTION

Within our everyday lives, limits exist. There's a set speed limit at which you can drive on the highway, the number of gallons of gas you can put in your car, or even how many times you can use your cell phone before it dies.

But is there a place in life where limits do not exist? Are we constantly limited by things that we cannot control and dying to break free?

Open the door, break down the wall, unlock the fence, blow up the obstacle, or tear down the curtain that lies in front of you.

Underneath all of the limitations in life there is a higher chance for opportunity, a limitless space where eternal energy and creativity can reside.

Reinvention is a means of starting over; it allows us to find what we didn't have before.

Now we have the opportunity to see what lies beyond the limitations in our world.

Evolution progresses the same way as this, and this "gateway drug" is just the beginning.

For the next nine days puzzle pieces will be administered through this thread for you to place together. Once completed, the boundary will have been broken. If you think that this will alter you, you're correct. Are you ready to Break the Boundary?

1488184803_Copyof9.png.8f6df000b117968f79211af6e2f95774.png

PIECE 1

#9 - JUNE 18, 2013

logo_300.png.5dc60ea2d4692e0e6d8911f6cf381e55.png

Shot0232.jpg.dde5445c145bfaf0b8d96a27eea8c197.jpg

Shot0235.jpg.0f1dd4d423f75616804f9ed7e0f1c0b4.jpg

Shot0205.bmp

Shot0207.bmp

Shot0212.bmp

Shot0214.bmp

Shot0207.bmp

Shot0201.bmp

Shot0208.bmp

Shot0237.jpg.548f6decb8adcee6d03fe8f7590298ee.jpg

AXiOM

Turn Your World Upside-Down

AXiOM, derived from the word meaning "a self-evident truth or principle", is a new design from griffonj2022 that inverts riders nine times - the most inversions on any of griffonj's rides. Featuring an Immelman, two Zero-G rolls, a batwing, a flatspin, a vertical loop, and two corkscrews, AXiOM throws riders into rapid-fire inversions that don't let up until the final turn. It is also the first design by griffonj to feature a beyond-vertical drop, plummeting riders back to the ground almost upside down.

AXiOM was named such to illustrate griffonj's constant search for the truth, or the difference between reality and fantasy. Is out reality face up, or upside-down? Which is which? AXiOM also plays with the idea of reality being a twisted mass of steel and metal that needs to be maneuvered to find the core purpose. But, limitations may get in the way. After turning your world upside-down, are you ready to break the boundary?

AXiOM

#8 of the DNA Phase

I wanted to release AXiOM unannounced without any teasers or such because I feel that unpredictability is lacking nowadays. AXiOM last summer in an attempt to feature a beyond-vertical drop, but unintentionally resulted in a ride that had nine inversions. The inversion count wasn't planned, showing how my lucky number nine can show up at any time. The ride was also designed not to be a B&M design; think of AXiOM as more of a Gerstlauer/S&S looking attraction (think The Smiler trains but longer) with thick track.

The ride itself looks back onto Undertaker with the idea of rapid-fire, slammed into your seat inversions mixed with moments of extreme airtime or sharp turns. One moment you could be smushed into your seat in a concrete pit and the next you're spiraling out of control through a corkscrew. A sharp rise into a Zero-G roll leads to a fall into pit, only to be flung upside-down twice in a positive-G filled Batwing element. The whole purpose of AXiOM is to peak rider excitement with the speed and forces while disorienting them at the same time.

The metaphoric background of AXiOM mainly deals with how I am constantly searching for the truth in life. The number nine is always with me, but what's the difference between reality and fantasy? Can I meld the two into one, or must I select one over the other? The ride also deals with the theme of life being one big mass of information that we have to weave through in order to get to the core.

AXiOM, with these ideas in mind, hand you the key to the next, and final, ride of the DNA Phase. This ride isn't something that I plan on taking lighthearted or releasing at a moments notice. #9 is considered to be the finale for the DNA Phase, but at the same time it is a "gateway drug" to PHASE III. If you're keeping up with the puzzle, here's piece number three below...

566484576_Copy(3)of9.png.a8138e67c1c586a7cfc493094613cab2.png

PIECE #3

Enjoy AXiOM before looking deeper into #9. There are boundaries that have been set in the past by multiple people, including myself, but they're about to be broken.

-griffonj2022

I thought that the video was very good for this ride.

Thank you! I wanted rapid-fire shots and quick movements to match the nature of the ride, as well as the song itself. Glad you liked it!

Here's piece #4 in the puzzle...

854563563_Copy(4)of9.png.9c23a0c6f4584416b27759bc513ff731.png

PIECE #4

Anyone put the pieces together yet? Post them here for special prizes/videos that haven't been released to the public yet!

And if you put the pieces together correctly, #9 might be coming earlier than expected. We'll see how good everyone is at breaking the boundary.