Jump to content
  TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Swede's rectum impaled in freak funfair mishap


Recommended Posts

H/T to screamscape

A 31-year-old father of two is in hospital struggling against blood poisoning after a freak accident at a Swedish theme park on Sunday where a tow hitch on a children’s ride penetrated his rectum.

 

“It was a complete shock to the whole body,” the man told local paper Arbetarbladet.

 

The man had been visiting Furuvik theme park near Gävle in eastern Sweden with his two young daughters aged 2 and 4. The girls were enjoying the park's minicar rides, but the 4-year-old needed some help with operating the vehicle.

 

“She can’t step on the gas pedal herself, so I lifted her up and jumped on the back of the truck so she would fit in front of me,” the father told the paper.

 

But while doing so the unsuspecting father failed to see the tow hitch protruding at the back of the vehicle. The man’s jeans ripped and as the hook penetrated the man’s rectum, it injured him internally in the direction of his urethra.

 

“It was terribly painful,” said the man to the paper.

 

The man started screaming and tried to move off but his rear end was stuck to the vehicle. Upon hearing his shouting, a theme park employee helped him off the ride, the paper reported.

 

When finally loose, the man was bleeding profusely from his derriere and was helped to a lavatory where he could wash. He was then given a pair of shorts and work pants by the staff. He was also treated to lunch by the park.

 

Despite trying to keep a brave face for the sake of his little girls, the man was dreading the looming hour and a half car ride home, according to Arbetarbladet.

 

When finally back at home, the man started to shiver and soon developed a very high temperature. After seeking medical assistance it was established that he had bacteria in his blood and was subsequently treated with penicillin against the infection and morphine for the pain.

 

On Friday morning he was still undergoing treatment in hospital but was hoping to be well enough to go home soon, the paper reported.

 

Erika Rydstrand, the Furuvik marketing director, told the paper that nothing like this has ever happened before despite the ride being one of the park’s oldest. She also added that it is not supposed to be for adults.

 

“Not even in your wildest dreams could you foresee an accident such as this. He must have sat down very hard seeing as his trousers were also ripped,“ she told the paper, adding that the incident was regrettable.

 

According to Arbetarbladet, police are currently investigating the incident, which has been classified as causing bodily harm, and will be questioning the 31-year-old man about how the accident happened.

 

The tow hitch has reportedly been removed from the vehicle.

 

http://www.thelocal.se/42146/20120720/

 

The guy pretty much sat on this thing! OUCH!

Edited by robbalvey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good example of the real-life consequences of a mishap that would happen to the Three Stooges on a regular basis. I hope the guy pulls through, and that a valuable lesson has been learned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I know I would not want to be in that guy's situation and feel sorry for him, I also can't help it think of the whole 'slapstick comedy' aspect...really, this kind of thing seems to be right out of a 3 stooges movie or some other slapstick humor... Hope all goes well for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who designed that ride, Mr Garrison from South Park?

 

It's just such a comically unfortunate mishap for the guy.

 

Knowing a few nurses, they tell me about the number of people who come to hospital with similar injuries that they try portray as accidents (not this Swedish guy of course). It's so prevalent, a lot of comedy shows use the scenario. The best one in real I got told about from the medical fraternity: tThe dude slipped over in the bathroom and fell on an aerosole can and it got stuck. She noted to me they the top was taped up. Hope that's not too rude for the forum.

Edited by downunder
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A 31-year-old father of two is in hospital struggling against blood poisoning after a freak accident at a Swedish theme park on Sunday where a tow hitch on a children’s ride penetrated his rectum.

Someone get the guy some Crisco!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^He was probably too embarrassed. Poor guy.

 

Just the possibility of this being the cause of death listed on my death certificate is more than enough to have me bury any pride and book it to a hospital. I don't think they're nice enough to include the back story/explanation on the document- just the actual cause itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just the possibility of this being the cause of death listed on my death certificate is more than enough to have me bury any pride and book it to a hospital. I don't think they're nice enough to include the back story/explanation on the document- just the actual cause itself.

Excellent point. I've heard of someone dying of something similar, but at the same time much, much, MUCH worse. Knowing that particular NSFW backstory definitely makes me not want to die of anything that sounds anything like it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This wins the award for most bizarre thing I've read all week.

 

When finally loose, the man was bleeding profusely from his derriere and was helped to a lavatory where he could wash. He was then given a pair of shorts and work pants by the staff. He was also treated to lunch by the park.

You're bleeding profusely from your rectum, and you go to the bathrooms and wash, then get some clean shorts and have lunch. WTF? I don't know why you wouldn't be inclined to call an ambulance. And why wouldn't the park have called a medic?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess they thought he was hungry after all that rectum probing.

 

In all seriousness, the first thing I would do if something like that happened to me would be go to the hospital..even if it was embarrassing. Cheers to him for putting up with it that long, I'm sure it was uncomfortable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess they thought he was hungry after all that rectum probing.

 

In all seriousness, the first thing I would do if something like that happened to me would be go to the hospital..even if it was embarrassing. Cheers to him for putting up with it that long, I'm sure it was uncomfortable.

Well yeah it was a guy, we don't like going to the hospital as it is, and this was embarassing and he was an hour and a half from home. I could see where if he was able to stop the bleeding he might have declined medical treatment on site, but then when the additional symptoms appeared at home he decided it was more serious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/