TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'd say that every ride could use a single riders line. But these rides in particular need them.

X2 @ SFMM

Raging Bull @ SFGAm

Crush's Coaster @ Disneyland Paris (And almost everything else in that resort for that matter).

All B&M coasters at six flags Great America. Heck... all B&M coasters at all six flags parks.

Eh... what the heck. ALL B&M coasters EVERYWHERE. B&M coasters should come with special instructions on how to efficiently fill a train (with NO assigned seats - trust me, once you get good at it - it's a breeze.) (PS - did I mention how much I hate assigned seating and seeing empty seats on B&M coasters while waiting in line?! Either/or are painful for me to watch.)

I was mesmerized at Carowinds last year to see ONE train operation on their Vekoma flying coaster with plenty of single seats going out, and an occasional empty adjacent pair of seats going out.... When folks are walking out of the queue the wrong way, that's not a good sign.

I'd say X2 and Tatsu as well, but on second though, a single rider line on Tatsu could make those operations even worse.

Well, it would still probably make the line shorter. They need either a single rider line or assigned seating.

I would say almost any coaster (mainly B & M's) but Leviathan could really use one. I've waited 5 times for an hour going through the whole queue by myself. For me a single rider lane would just be awesome.

I really like the idea of single rider queues. Obviously it can only be available on certain rides (usually with row assigners). When I was recently at DCA I skipped a 60 min wait for both Soarin' and Screamin' using the single rider queues! One ride I really wished had a single rider queue was Silver Bullet. I waited an hour and 30 minutes thanks to one train operations a couple weeks ago. It really made me angry seeing SO many empty seats and me waiting endlessly below the station.

All rides at Carowinds with crowd control. This park may have the worse station crowd control I have ever seen. I rode Nighthawk twice, and they were assigning seats. However, they had multiple empty seats going out on every train. I actually think that there would have been fewer empty seats going out without crowd control. Same for Intimidator. I saw entire rows go out empty, while they were still holding people outside the station. These rides need to bring back their single rider lines, but I would suggest routing them to where the crowd control is set, like Fast Lane is, so all of the empty seats can be filled.

If, on Nighthawk, you have six people, what do you do? Call out for a party of two. What do Carowinds ops do? Nothing. Just let two seats go out empty.

Thankfully, on both of these rides, they had good crews working them. I232 was running three trains, and Nighthawk was running two trains, and dispatching each one in under three minutes, a rare feat for this type of coaster. This was just about two weeks ago.

I do, though, think that every ride, regardless of its type, sould have a single rider line. End of story.

LL: DoD is a perfect example. Where the ride attendant splits the people in the 2 lines if the group doesn't add up to 8, then single riders are used to fill in the empty places. Not when the ride is loading, but when the groups are made. This made the process really fast.

I like being able to ride in the row I want to ride in- I'd rather wait longer to be able to do that. I've never used a single rider row or really payed much attention to how they work, but I'm assuming the lines remain separate and an op sprinkles in single riders to fill empty seats as they occur throughout the train.