Iphone upload?

dubaidave

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You currently can not upload photos to the site using smart phones. We are still looking at app programs available for phpBB that will work efficiently with our forum, but that is still on the back burner as of now.

Edited by ernierocker

Might I suggest tapatalk? It's free to install into the forums, then the app can run the member anywhere from $1--$5 depending on platform. It makes the movile browsing of the forum WAY more enjoyable, and allows you to easily upload.

(I don't work for tapatalk or anything, but have experience with it and it drastically changes the experience for folks that frequent messageboards via mobile (especially if they want to upload pictures))

Apparently in iOS 6 Apple is adding in the feature to upload photos from Safari. That is a feature that is definitely a long time coming and will be definitely welcomed. In the mean time, I haven't really been able to find anything.

I had wondered about this, especially when the CGA ground clearing had started. I had the urge/desire to share a photo while I was there but in the end I got to thinking that I'd rather save my photos for a trip report when I get back home for the day. I'll save the 'live' photos for Facebook since a lot of my friends on Facebook are CGA goers/coaster fanatics.

I am in the uk and have unlimited Internet on my iphone but have to per per usage on my wifi and have loads of photos to upload.

The way to do it is upload the pics from the app then go to web page and edit to add captions to the photos.

However you can't see the photos while captioning.

I MAY or may NOT have iOS 6. It's certainly under NDA. iOS 6 photo uploading COULD possibly work on this forum... I hope my sentence was not too confusing. HYPOTHETICALLY, the iPhone 4S with iOS 6 would not be able to upload anything because the resolution of the photos are 3264x2448, which is larger than what is allowed.

As you can see, they both seem to have pros/cons. We've worked with them both. Personally, I would say that TPR "officially" supports either one, as I'm not totally happy with how they work...but they are out there, and in some broken format, you can upload a photo or two.

I'm just going to wait it out for either iOS6 or a new version of phpbb that supports iPhone uploads.

^Are you going to try to add a photo resizer? That would come in handy since the size of pictures taken by the 4S (I'm not sure about the 4) are too large to be uploaded.

No. We do not officially support these apps. It's very (read VERY VERY VERY) expensive for us to do work on phpbb3 AND iPhone support. It will happen eventually, just not right now.