TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Major League Baseball Thread

PhishyBrewer

We still have excellent pitching for next year with Vazquez, Hanson, Jurrjens, Lowe and Hudson. Need atleast one bat to go with McCann.

No joke, the NL East could be highly competitive if the Mets get healthy and the Phils stay together. Hopefully the Marlins can mature more and more and make it a 4-team race

I hope both the Yanks and Sox lose in the first round. I don't want to have to deal with the crap that would be an ALCS with those two

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No joke, the NL East could be highly competitive if the Mets get healthy and the Phils stay together. Hopefully the Marlins can mature more and more and make it a 4-team race

Something tells me Hanley Ramirez and maybe Dan Uggla are probably going to be gone, the old annual cut payroll drill. Then again, they might hold on to the nucleus with the new stadium coming.

Something tells me Hanley Ramirez and maybe Dan Uggla are probably going to be gone, the old annual cut payroll drill. Then again, they might hold on to the nucleus with the new stadium coming.

Ugglas yes, Ramirez should stay. Management seems to really want to hold on to him. Though on a team that strikes out more than anyone, Nick Johnson would be a bigger loss than Uggla even if he was only on the team a few months

I'd also like to point out that Atlanta only converted 18 free trips to first in the first 2 games of the series into 8 runs. It just makes it sweet knowing how the commentators were treating the Marlins and Nationals as pretty much equal threats going into the week.

Hanley Ramirez just signed a long-term deal this past season. 6 years I believe. Marlin's management probably realized that they need at least one star to christen their new stadium. Uggla will probably be gone though.

Rumors coming out of the Warehouse have the O's expressing interest in Uggla this offseason.

I am sorry what are they going to do with him? He is not a player that can push them into contention all by himself. All the O's will end up doing is overpay yet again and stock up the Marlins for another five years.

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=374&sid=218287

So that is a link to radio call of the year. It was from the Mariners vs Blue Jays game. One of the Mariner broadcasters makes an ultra specific player of the game guess. You can see where this is going...

Stuff like this is why I love baseball.

LOL! I laughing as hard as that one commentator was, that was freakin unbelieveable how accurate his guess was!

That was truly amazing. One hell of a guess there!

Cito Gaston sucks or so my tee shirt says!

The tee shirt was created after the All Star Game in 1993 in Baltimore. Gaston was the AL Manager and refused to put Baltimore's Mike Mussina in the game which later lead Mike to getting up and warming up on his own.

1959866890_CitoSucks.jpg.59fe2966efd3ef3508ce08afdf5d5333.jpg

Cito Sucks

You would figure the Twins would at least get a travel day, but guess MLB could care less.

Actually, the Yankees got to choose what day the series started on. Of course they would take Wednesday since they were off 2 days and their opponent just played Tuesday

How I see the first round:

Yanks in 5 - I don't care how good the Yankees may be, the Metrodome is hard to win in when the playoff excitement comes around

Angels in 4 - I just don't want to see Boston/NY

Cardinals in 3 - I'll take a good pitching staff with 2 CY candidates over whatever the Dodgers want to call their rotation

Phils in 5 - boils down to who has home-field advantage with how much better the Rox play in Denver, unless the Rockies can manage to stay within a couple runs in game 5 and Lidge comes in the game

Here are my predictions

- Yankees in 3 - The Twins are sending a rookie to with 9 starts as the starter for game one, no Morneau and the Twins have yet to be them this year. No more really needs to be said there.

- Angels in 5 - The bench will win the series for the Angels. Plus the Angels are the only hope for a non Red Sox/Yankees series

- Cardinals in 3 - They have the best hitter in the game and 2 players fighting for the Cy Young. Add to that John Smoltz might be used out of the pen.

- Rockies in 5 - I just like the Rockies pitching staff on a whole better and the Phillies have no closer.