TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Major League Baseball Thread

PhishyBrewer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That catch by Wise was probably one of the best catches EVER, especially considering the circumstances. Congrats to Buehrle.

I couldn't disagree more. The only thing that is giving it attention as being more than just an everyday "good catch" is because he almost blew it and saved himself. The save was crazy, don't get me wrong, but it should have never come to that. If he said he intentionally muffed the catch, I wouldn't be able to argue. It was theatrical

But still nice job to Mark Beuhrle. It's not like he just shut down a shitty team either

Going to the Jays game tomorrow to see Halladay start and for all-you-can-eat hot dogs, nachos, peanuts, popcorn, and soft drinks. Hello severe stomach pains!

I found a loop hole in their ticketing system, so I was able to get 2 tickets in the all-you-can-eat section but only paid the all-you-can eat price for one and just regular price for the other.

^^ The local papers say that it doesn't look like any team is going to step up to the plate with a good enough offer before the deadline the Jays set. I hope its true, because I don't want to see him go just yet.

But, if he does go, you better believe I'll be there for his last start.

I'm going to the Yankees game tomorrow at Yankee Stadium against the As Joba is pitching!

You really like breaking up the conversations that are going on within the thread, don't you?

Just a thought on Buehrle - I never liked him. I always thought his stuff was just ok. I didn't think he was as true ace because there were some games where he would just blow up in the first inning or two. Then I started to hear all of this Hall of Fame talk about him this year. Now I'm starting to watch his starts more closely. I'm starting to become a bit of a fan.

^ Well, technically, it was a no-hitter. He walked Sammy Sosa, and then picked him off of first. Other than that, it was a perfect game.

I always saw a no-hitter/perfect game as a 300 in bowling. You always need that one frame that you throw a less than perfect ball to rattle the pins around. You really do have to be really good to pitch/bowl that well in baseball/bowling. I have a lot of respect for him now.

An open Letter to the Pittsburgh Pirates,

For those who believe in reincarnation, I propose that the St. Louis Browns are alive and well in Pittsburgh.

Seriously...Why do you guys keep doing this?

Adam LaRoche wasn't enough, huh? You had to send off Snell, Wilson, and other talented players to other teams as well. That's the way it is in Pittsburgh, it seems. If you have talent, they trade you for 3 guys who don't.

I know you're the poorest team in baseball, but there HAS to be a better way of reversing your fortunes than this.

It's become clear to me, that you will NEVER be a competitor in the forseeable future. You might as well be a AAA team with all the talent you keep sending away.

I have put up with this garbage for 17 seasons now...and I just can't take it anymore. I always said I'd be loyal, but even my loyalty has its limits.

So, until you guys find an owner, and management that actually gives a damn about putting together a winning team, I am through with you.

I am through with the Pirates. They stink, and they will stink until the day they fold. And believe me, this team WILL fold. Maybe not today, maybe not in the next decade, but certainly some time in my life.

Go Red Sox! (my second favorite team, now my first)

Doug

I'm going to the Yankees game tomorrow at Yankee Stadium against the As Joba is pitching!
You really like breaking up the conversations that are going on within the thread, don't you?

Well this is the Major League Baseball Thread & the Yankees are awesome I only follow the Yankees & the AL East so I don't know what half of your conversations are anyway.

^Not only that, but this is the AL East according to the Yankees.

1st Yankees, Steinbrenner is God.

2nd Those filthy Red Sox

3rd Orioles, soon moving to New York again

4th Blue Jays, what kind of fruity mascot is that?

5th Rays? Dohohoho.

How many more big names will go down in the 03 PED reports?

Also, the Pirates are running out of players even hardcore baseball fans know. I'm down to 5 players I know on the team and only know two of them because they were former Nats.

And go anyone playing against the Cubs, Yankees or Red Sox!!! If someone listened to ESPN, those 3 teams and Manny would be the only part of MLB a person would know. I'm just hoping the Cardinals take the NL Central and someone from the NL West takes the wildcard to knock the Cubs out before the playoffs.

How many more big names will go down in the 03 PED reports?

At this point, there's only one name I'd honestly be surprised to see on the list....Curt Schilling. After all the bitching he's done about those who he feels have done it, and how he swears that he hasn't, it'd be the biggest surprise and disappointment.

Even before Papi's name came out, I had already assumed that every other big name was probably dirty to some extent. That's just how it goes. The only good that comes out of this is that many of the borderline Hall of Fame possibilities from the 70's and 80's are looking much better now.

Everyone swears they are clean...until they get busted. I wouldn't be surprised if Schilling is on the list.

I personally don't care that they did drugs that are only going to screw them up worse in the long run, as baseball has been a game of cheaters for ages. Ty Cobb notoriously sharpened his cleat spikes, Gaylord Perry made a hall of fame career out of doctoring baseballs, people stealing signs, and so on.

I only wish they would quit kidding themselves and trying to deny it. Just come clean and move on. All they are doing is setting themselves up to fall harder when the truth does come out.

As you get up in age your skills should decline not increase so much. David Ortiz is my book at least is a serious offender. You don't go from a bench/platoon player to being a borderline HOF'er that late in your career. At least with guys like Bonds he was great before he bulked up like a balloon. Yet most at ESPN love to go after Bonds and not Ortiz because he is likable and they like to think the whole world loves the Sox.