TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Major League Baseball Thread

PhishyBrewer

^The problems with the Cubs ever winning is that once they do are there really any great droughts left in Baseball? If the Cubs win the series, that means that the three longest droughts would have all come to an end.

After the Cubs who is suffering the longest World Series drought? I'm thinking maybe the Indians? The Giants have also (which in my opinion is a great thing, GO DODGERS ) been waiting a very long time.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the new commercial, as a big Pujols fan. Though I may be a Cards fan, I am from Cincinnati and support the Reds as well (which may be a conflict of interest, both teams being divisional rivals).

Coming up this Saturday, the Columbus Clippers, now affiliated with Cleveland, open up their new place, Huntington Park (next to Nationwide Arena). I surely will have to go down and check out the place soon.

I'm modestly satisfied with the Rays this year. Not the hottest start, but I'm disappointed that we lost our home opening series.

Went to last nights game, and I admit the AL championship ring replica is probably the awesomest baseball freebie ever. It doesn't feel like a cheap ring and they're already selling on eBay for prices up to $140.

Coming up this Saturday, the Columbus Clippers, now affiliated with Cleveland, open up their new place, Huntington Park (next to Nationwide Arena). I surely will have to go down and check out the place soon.

It really does look like a great ballpark. Given I'm from Columbus too, I'll probably, get to some of their games within the next few years. It should be a great place to watch a game - probably not unlike the Dayton Dragon's 5/3 Field.

The Tigers are trying to emulate the Lions on a perfect season, but failed.

Anyway...go Cubs. And if they don't do any good. Forget baseball, when Football start.

Wow, that's a low blow, way below the belt on that ONE.

At least the Tigers have won a World Series during the last 100 years, and they did 4 times!

Just kidding with ya! I cheer for the Cubs too, I follow an American and National League team and that's my combo. Cubs/Tigers!

^ Do most people on here follow both an AL and an NL club. I always have and have always wondered if most others did.

I personally am a Dodger/Red Sox fan. However my loyalties are much more with the Dodgers, in fact I think the only real reason I like the Red Sox is because I dislike the Yankees so much. I will also admit that I started following the Sox during their World Series win. So yeah I guess I'm a bandwagon fan in that regard. But it's ok, if I root for two teams I figure I can be a bandwagon fan for one of them.

^ Do most people on here follow both an AL and an NL club. I always have and have always wondered if most others did.

I follow the Braves and that's about it. I mean i will casually follow the goings on in the rest of the league but no i don't have a team in each league.

I sure as hell enjoy the New York Mets choking like clockwork though

I think Braves fans do this to comfort themselves, knowing that their own 14 straight years of playoff baseball only produced one championship. That's just percentage points above the Buffalo Bills.

<< Marlins fan who doesn't think the AL matters till October

What about when the Marlins start losing to AL teams in interleague play?

And I too love the Braves/Mets comment.

Those are a few blasphemous weeks in the summer. Oh I hate interleague.. but the Marlins play both the Sox and Yankees this year, so I'm hoping they can beat up on two teams I hate

FYI the Marlins have always done well in interleague. Last I remember, they had the best winning percentage vs the AL of NL teams

^^ You know what the really crazy thing is? The Marlins are right on schedule to win again this year.

Going back through this thread, I'm really surprised I didn't make a long 2006 NLCS Willie Randolph rant. That is disappointing. I remember doing it in the dining hall back in college, but I guess it never translated over to the message boards.

<< Marlins fan who doesn't think the AL matters till October

Aren't the Marlins due to win the World Series this year? It's been 6 years since their last one.

I'm a Reds fan. Fortunately, I've taken up fantasy ball this year to help give me something to focus on more than just...the Reds...So now I'm a Jose Reyes, Evan Longoria, Justin Morneau, and Roy Halladay fan.

Actually, I tend to despise the perennial winners around the league (particularly the Yanks, Cards, and Braves), and like the underdogs. Reds are the main guys though.

I've also become a huge baseball stadium fan, especially now that many more "retro-classic" and "retro-modern" parks have popped up this decade (thank you Camden Yards). I plan to some day make it to a game in all 30 venues, especially with the new Miami, Tampa, and Minneapolis parks in the works.

I think Braves fans do this to comfort themselves, knowing that their own 14 straight years of playoff baseball only produced one championship. That's just percentage points above the Buffalo Bills.

Hey atleast we don't choke away seven game lead in two weeks.

I'm a huge Red Sox fan and baseball fan in generally. I generally try to watch as many games around the league as I can. I find baseball games are great to practice guitar to.

I don't know quite what to think of the Marlin's at this point. They definitely have a ton of potential, but I just don't see them wining the division.