TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Major League Baseball Thread

PhishyBrewer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I've been waiting 9 years for meaningful October baseball for the Mets, and I'm darn glad it's here.

Anyone want to play the prediction game? Here are my predictions.

WC:

Cubs over Pirates

Astros over Yankees

ALDS:

Toronto over Texas in 4

Kansas City over Astros in 3

NLDS:

Mets over Dodgers in 4

Cubs over Cardinals in 5

ALCS:

Kansas City over Toronto in 5

Mets over Cubs in 6

WS:

Mets over Kansas City in 5

Well, at least we won't have to hear about BTTF anymore after today.

I absolutely can't believe that the Mets are the National League Champs. Quietly hoping the Royals win the ALCS, and not just because that's what I picked at the start of the postseason.

LET'S GO METS!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Giants are going all the way this season, Best home grown talent in all of baseball...GO GIANTS

The Royals and Mets would both beg to differ. Lots of good homegrown talent for them as well.

Giants are going all the way this season, Best home grown talent in all of baseball...GO GIANTS

The Royals and Mets would both beg to differ. Lots of good homegrown talent for them as well.

As would the Cardinals and Cubs.

Defiantly not the cubs, I can only think of 2 major players Chris Bryant and maybe Kyle Schwarber, they have maybe 4 players on there roster that they drafted, but only the latter are worth any type of buzz.

But I do agree on the mets, cards and royals as an argument for best home grown talent. I would still say the giants have the Overall best homegrown talent, with the cards being a close 2nd.

As would the Cardinals and Cubs.

Defiantly not the cubs, I can only think of 2 major players Chris Bryant and maybe Kyle Schwarber, they have maybe 4 players on there roster that they drafted, but only the latter are worth any type of buzz.

But I do agree on the mets, cards and royals as an argument for best home grown talent. I would still say the giants have the Overall best homegrown talent, with the cards being a close 2nd.

Homegrown doesn't necessarily have to mean being drafted and coming through the same system with the same team. If a team trades for a prospect and that prospect develops in their system and becomes a major leaguer, that player is considered homegrown. I will say that in the Cubs case, it is a lot easier to draft/trade for 1st round prospects, develop them and get them to the majors. But still, they're still considered homegrown players by many in baseball and the Cubs actually have quite a bit of "homegrown" players that are really talented. Oh an I'm a Cards fans, so please don't think I'm being biased toward The Cubs.

• 1 month later...

And the new season is here! Cardinals and Pirates at noon tomorrow, first one that counts. PNC has the best view from home plate of any MLB stadium.

And whose wonderful and evil idea was it to open the season with the Royals and Mets as the evening game? Give that person a raise!

Well my Red Sox did some nice retooling during the off season, and built a good foundation for this years run.

I think the team to watch is the Cubs. It would be pretty amazing if Theo Epstein (who the Red Sox originally hired as their GM at age 28) could work the same magic for the Cubs........we'll see.

Anyone for some predictions? Here are mine:

AL: Blue Jays, Royals, Angels, Astros (WC), Tigers (WC)

NL: Mets, Cubs, Giants, Dodgers (WC), Cardinals (WC)

Playoffs: Astros over Royals, Mets over Giants

WS: Mets over Astros