TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Major League Baseball Thread

PhishyBrewer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^bitter hatred aside from being a Dodgers fan, I'm hesitant to call it a Dynasty only because the Giants were not even close to contenders during their off years. When I think of a Dynasty, I think of a team that is a threat to win it every year. Had the Giants lost in the World Series on the years they didn't win it, I would definitely call it a Dynasty. For now it's just a team that plays great when they get the opportunity to shine.

^bitter hatred aside from being a Dodgers fan, I'm hesitant to call it a Dynasty only because the Giants were not even close to contenders during their off years. When I think of a Dynasty, I think of a team that is a threat to win it every year. Had the Giants lost in the World Series on the years they didn't win it, I would definitely call it a Dynasty. For now it's just a team that plays great when they get the opportunity to shine.

I have to agree, I think it is a little early to call it a dynasty and I'm a big Giants fan. They haven't dominated all these years, just happen to play better in October.

• 7 months later...

How about I revive an old thread with free pizza! Due to the Giant's pitcher getting a no hitter yesterday, MLB and Dominos are giving away free pizzas (the only good thing the Giant's have done IMHO ) to the first 20,000 mlb account holders. It starts in 17 minutes, so make sure you register for MLB.com if you already haven't, and go here:

IT'S LIVE!

Log out of MLb. Go HERE then log back in. Answer which topping you like best, and enter your information and it should work!

That's where my email link takes me now, but it might change once the promo starts. I've actually gotten a few free pizzas from this promo in the past. Good luck!

Edited by jray21

• 2 weeks later...

It's starting to get exciting here in Cincinnati as everyone ramps up for the All Star Game:

094.thumb.JPG.8cd10c8a5c816bc8cec388cf29286a8f.JPG

Hard to see, but there is a nice ASG planter in the riverfront park near the ballpark.

029.thumb.JPG.73d7400cc3e203f89e7cfdce696f248f.JPG

The Scripps Tower is decked out in a pillbox hat and a Redlegs moustache.

• 3 weeks later...
Mets get Gomez!! Great trade!!

Welp. No they don't...

As much as I was excited for the trade, seems that the Mets had a issue with CarGo's hip. I'm hoping that they make a run at Cespedes, but with the caveat that they sign him for another year.

CarGo was signed through 2016, Cespedes is only under contract through the end of this season.

Side note: I guess there really is crying in baseball...

• 2 weeks later...