TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Major League Baseball Thread

PhishyBrewer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^For being a team of high priced superstars, I actually think they had great chemistry (see the bubble machine as an example). They just didn't have a bullpen this year...

In any case, go Royals! Mike Moustakas is a high school classmate of mine. Not only that, all the cool things they've done (by drinks for fans, give tickets to fans, have no shame in wearing the "These O's ain't Royal" shirt) make it impossible to not root for them!

^They always do that AFTER they beat the Dodgers...

Would have been awesome to have Dodgers vs. Giants for the pennant!

That would have been awesome. The whole West coast would have been watching. To bad Kershaw has a self destruct button when they hit the playoffs.

^It's a shame the Dodgers had to count on him so much in the post-season. 6-7 innings should be all you need out of your ace in the playoffs...if you have anyone besides the closer in the bullpen you can count on!

I have no doubt he'll get it together before his career is over. Like Phil Mickelson or Payton Manning!

It's OK though...the Dodgers will just sign Max Scherzer & James Shields or Jon Lester to ensure they never have to go to their bullpen or pitch Kershaw on three days rest again!

Edited by Jew

The World Series rarely involves the "best" teams. Usually, the two teams are at the right place at the right time. Consider the Royals, Ned Yost (Manager) was thought to be the only thing holding them back from potentially being the best team in baseball. His team has beaten The A's, The Angels, and then the O's. All three teams are managed by much better coaches. One could also argue that those three teams are better than the Giants.

Regardless, Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint. The Royals are built for the playoffs. My Prediction: KC in 5.

What are everyone else's predictions?

EDIT: I'll list everyone's predictions here:

bbomser: KC in 5

Jew: KC in IDK

pdcon: SF in 6

Meteornotes: KC in 5

Send in yours!

Edited by bbomser

how could anybody bet against the giants, every year 10, 12 and 14 we have been the underdogs in every series we play. we where not supposed to beat the pirates on their turf, there is no way they can get past the nationals with their pitching and we defiantly cant beat the cardinals who are a better image of ourselves. All the giants do is find a way to win. I predict giants in 6. GOOOOO GIANTS.

how could anybody bet against the giants, every year 10, 12 and 14 we have been the underdogs in every series we play. we where not supposed to beat the pirates on their turf, there is no way they can get past the nationals with their pitching and we defiantly cant beat the cardinals who are a better image of ourselves. All the giants do is find a way to win. I predict giants in 6. GOOOOO GIANTS.

You guys have been in the series 3 times in the last 5 years. You aren't underdogs anymore.

I can't find the map anymore, but I saw a map that showed which team each state wants to win the World Series. The entire map, even California, wanted the Royals! Yes, it wasn't scientific in any way, but thought it was funny.

I can't find the map anymore, but I saw a map that showed which team each state wants to win the World Series. The entire map, even California, wanted the Royals! Yes, it wasn't scientific in any way, but thought it was funny.

Here's the link:

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/21/7030191/world-series-map-royals-giants-nobody-wants-san-francisco-to-win