TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Major League Baseball Thread

PhishyBrewer

Well at least they fired their manager and the Phillies hired the guy they should have last time around...

Lol!!! . You speak the truth!! Honestly, I think they're just getting ready to try and bring Joe Girardi in, but we'll see.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That confused me. If Girardi is hired, it would be like wearing nice clothes to go work in a coal mine. The reason Mike Quade and Dale Sveum were hired in the first place was that they knew the team wasn't going to be competitive. A reputable manager would take over once the team was ready to climb out of the abyss they're in, and that's definitely not going to be next year unless it's by fluke.

It almost seems as if Sveum is being penalized for Starlin Castro's regression, in which case they should be going after the job of whoever evaluated him instead of the guy that had to deal with him. They made the same mistake with Castro as they did with Corey Patterson and Felix Pie. It's premature to declare him a bust, but he's certainly on the right track if that's what eventually takes place. I bet he's not on the Cubs roster when they become competitive again.

^ If he loses his job over those two games, that would be a shame. They were couple plays away from the series going the other way with the Dodgers up 2-0. As a Cardinals fan, I'm happy that they got those first two games, but I realize that they could of easily lost both of those games.

On a side note, I've been really happy with how the Cardinals young pitchers have performed in this post-season so far. I'm looking forward to watching Waino take the ball tomorrow in game 3!

I disagree. Game 1 pulling Adrian Gonzalez was a terrible decision. Game 2 hitters were clearly pressing the whole game and he pulled the best pitcher in baseball after 72 pitches. He seems lost without all his hitters to bail him out.

Both teams in the NLCS are playing bad, Dodgers played better last night but I have a feeling that with the two pitchers tonight we may see a little more offense. I still like the Dodgers in 6 with Grienke and Kershaw coming up in games 5 and 6.

In other news ... apparently the Cardinals don't like that the Dodgers are actually having fun playing baseball. Whatever.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/st-louis-cardinals-take-issue-with-los-angeles-dodgers-celebrations?ymd=20131015&content_id=62962860&vkey=news_mlb

Beltran is the last person who should be talking about "waking up," since it looked like he wasn't awake in the field last night...

I kind of wish the Dodgers did "play the right way," because then Carlos Beltran would have had a fastball right as his ribs too as retaliation for Hanley.

Not going to say tonight's game didn't hurt ... still can't get any hits except for 1 inning per game. People are saying it would be different if Greinke pitched, I disagree. Nolasco only gave up 3. That offense should be able to cover that deficit.

Got our 2 aces coming up ... game 7 will be played on Saturday.

I don't think it was a bad rule in this case. He didn't NEED to have his legs up after he dove, so it was blatant obstruction. I don't think the umpire would have called it had he just stayed on the ground so the runner could easily get over him.

• 4 weeks later...

Doozy of a trade in the AL- Fielder and cash to Texas for Ian Kinsler. Looks smart from both sides, but I think Detroit comes out on top here. Regardless, this was one of those trades that will make you stop what you're doing when you first hear it. I was washing dishes- glad I wasn't in the middle of trying to land a commercial airliner or helping someone give birth to a child.