TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Major League Baseball Thread

PhishyBrewer

A-Rod won't be making any right handed pitchers nervous anytime soon.

No team is taking him unless the Yankees eat the majority of the contract. He's old and an admitted PED user.

Edited by Jew

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Regardless, (even without Alex) the Dodgers should be a strong contender next year. Though the "new" owners have shown a desire to improve the team in the off season. 2013 will be exciting for the Dodgers no matter what! I'll be curious to see what the heck they chose to do...........The future looks bright.

^^This series is most likely a preview of what is left in the tank for A-rod. The last two seasons have seen his stats take a nosedive. Partially due to injuries, but also because he is 37 years old with 19 years in the majors who also admitted to using PED's.

I'd say his ceiling is now 20HR, .275BA, 80RBI, and 120 games played...definitely not a $20 million dollar man.

^ Giants played great the last few days and while I was ok with them getting to the World Series, as a Dodger fan I will be rooting for the Tigers the next week or so.

As for the Dodgers and A-Roid, if the Dodgers were still owned by McCrook i'd say it's a fair thing to discuss him coming to the Dodgers. But after the whole Manny mess and since McCrook no longer the owner, I can't see them making any kind of play for him. Plus, where would he play? Are you really going to put him in over an up and comer like Luis Cruz? You certainly aren't taking him over Hanley or even Dee Gordon at this point.

What the Dodgers really need to concentrate on during the offseason is pitching. I think a full spring training/season with Kemp. Gonzales, Crawford, Either, Ellis, Ramirez, etc and the bats will take care of themselves. They've got Kershaw, Harang and Capuano as starters, Beckett will have to prove himself in Spring Training (is he a Free Agent?) and of course Jansen is a solid closer. Need at least one more solid starter and some bullpen help along with Belisario and Choate who are decent IMO. Not sure if they've got anybody coming up out of the Farm to help fill those roles.

While all my relatives are happy, I'm so bugged the Giants are in the World Series. I was hoping the A's could go and sweep them again. Now I have to hear how great the Giants are for the next year from them.

It's going to be interesting, the Giants have not faced a pitcher like Verlander and a 3/4 combination like Cabrera/Fielder yet in the playoffs. The Tigers faced a Yankees team who, after seeing them in the ALCS one has to wonder how they ever got past Baltimore.

All this talk about no momentum, I'm not buying it. Tigers in 5 or 6.

While all my relatives are happy, I'm so bugged the Giants are in the World Series. I was hoping the A's could go and sweep them again. Now I have to hear how great the Giants are for the next year from them.

The A's got lucky that year. If it wasn't for the quake, the Giants might have won one!

Giants in 6!

Panda and giants, made verlander and his tigers look stuuuuuuupid. Tigers are knowbody every b9ody a big deal about the tiger sweeping yankees and the giants shoul be no problem. What now. Can't stop us, were GIANT....go giants.

I'll comment when Google Translate finally figures this out.

Haha, sorry about the last post, I was a bit out of it. The series in now 2-0, and we still have our best 2 pitchers going it Detroit. i think The numbers the tigers had a against the Yankees are a bit inflated. yankees had no pitching outside of Sabathia, not only did they not have Jeter, but Cano, Granderson and a-rod where batting what? my guess would be like a combined .125 in the postseason going in the ALCS against Detroit, I dont know the exact stat but they sucked. now they come into Sf when were have a fully loaded squad playing there best ball all season, and a pitching staff that tops Almost all of the majors. Hate to say it but the Tigers are Done in 4. Good luck next year. GOOOO GIANTS. DODGERS SUCK.