Major League Baseball Thread

PhishyBrewer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
^You know the Giants were in a similar situation last season. People were looking down on them because of their previous season, but they did purty well I think.

That being said I'm happy baseball season is almost here because it reminds me of summer and PNC Park of course.

Seems like our predictions for the Pirates and Indians were, thankfully, disproven. Let's hope this continues.

True the Pirates did freefall, but I'm sick of all the local people on the radio and stuff like that complaining about how since we're tanking now that the season is automatically a failure. We WERE in FIRST PLACE for a short amount of time in the middle of the season, not the first week of April. We WERE IN CONTENTION for a good period of time this summer. It is for those reasons why, even if we do finish something like 75-87 or 10+ games under .500, I still will not call this year a failure.

Plus, I think its the fact that after 18 years, people around here finally got the taste of a winning baseball team for a while. And after enjoying that so much to finally start seeing that go to the wayside, they've automatically jumped on the team as a failure.

Oh well. What can ya do.

I wish Pedro Alvarez would hit the ball like they said he could at Vanderbilt.

^ The Indians were in the same freefall and have just now gotten out. 28-42 since a 30-15 start is not the way to go. And I remember last time Pittsburgh made the playoffs (I was 10).

• 2 weeks later...
the G-men are gonna make a strong come back and fight for a WS repeat led by arguably the best pitching staff is baseball....GO GIANTS

As much as I'd love to see this happen as a fellow Giants fan, our offense is going to need a major reboot and we're suffering injuries left and right--again. It's not over yet, but it's already been so tough with all of the initial injuries, and now with Wilson and Romo on the 15-day DL...

Keeping my fingers crossed.

the G-men are gonna make a strong come back and fight for a WS repeat led by arguably the best pitching staff is baseball....GO GIANTS

As much as I'd love to see this happen as a fellow Giants fan, our offense is going to need a major reboot and we're suffering injuries left and right--again. It's not over yet, but it's already been so tough with all of the initial injuries, and now with Wilson and Romo on the 15-day DL...

you know, all theses injuries are pretty crappy and we can not catch a break at all with beltran back in the lineup and romo progressing faster than thought to burral is playing in some rehab games in fresno, things are starting to look up, i was at the game tonight. we still got the freak, big daddy cain, MadBum, and vogelSTRONG. al they need is 1 or 2 runs.

plus whats been our teams motto.. DONT STOP BELIEVING.. dont you love this GIANTS torture?

you know, all theses injuries are pretty crappy and we can not catch a break at all with beltran back in the lineup and romo progressing faster than thought to burral is playing in some rehab games in fresno, things are starting to look up, i was at the game tonight. we still got the freak, big daddy cain, MadBum, and vogelSTRONG. al they need is 1 or 2 runs.

plus whats been our teams motto.. DONT STOP BELIEVING.. dont you love this GIANTS torture?

Who said torture ever went out of style?!? Still tough to watch... We just actually have to SCORE those one or two runs...

This season has been from hell. Luckily for me, Plan 1A is the Philadelphia Phillies.

Seriously, how is Adam Dunn having this kind of season? 12 HR is something I could see him having at the end of May, not the beginning of September. The .169 average is so bad, it's in funbad territory.

• 3 weeks later...