TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most NEW Coasters You've Ridden In 1 Year

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 (2003)

-Laser, Dragon Coaster, Woodstock Express [Dorney Park], Top Thrill Dragster, Mantis, Corkscrew, Raptor, Wicked Twister, Millennium Force [Cedar Point], Gwazi Lion, Gwazi Tiger, Montu, Kumba, Python, Scorpion [busch Gardens Tampa]

14 (2000)

-Blue Streak, Iron Dragon, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Mean Streak, Disaster Transport, Magnum, Gemini, Wildcat [Cedar Point], Wild Mouse, Thunderhawk, Steel Force [Dorney Park], Lightning Racer Thunder, Lightning Racer Lightning, Wild Mouse [Hersheypark]

13 (2002)

-Great Bear, Roller Soaker [Hersheypark], Loch Ness Monster, Big Bad Wolf, Alpengeist, Apollo's Chariot, Wilde Maus [busch Gardens Williamsburg], Great American Scream Machine, Rolling Thunder, Viper, Medusa/Bizarro, Nitro, Batman: The Ride [six Flags Great Adventure]

The rest of the years range from 1-7 new coasters per year.

Apart from the 2000 season, nothing even comes close. It was definitely an outlier of a year. The rest of the time it's been one, maybe two. More often than not, it's none.

Boss

Batman: Knight Flight

Villain

Superman: Ultimate Escape

Millennium Force

Kraken

It wasn't by design either, that's just how things shook out. SFWoA's astute business decision to add three high profile rides in one year helped bump that number up. There were two more to be had between Big Chief and SFWoA, but the practice of riding a children coaster for any reason other than to accompany your child is just questionable.

Apart from the 2000 season, nothing even comes close. It was definitely an outlier of a year. The rest of the time it's been one, maybe two. More often than not, it's none.

Boss

Batman: Knight Flight

Villain

Superman: Ultimate Escape

Millennium Force

Kraken

It wasn't by design either, that's just how things shook out. SFWoA's astute business decision to add three high profile rides in one year helped bump that number up. There were two more to be had between Big Chief and SFWoA, but the practice of riding a children coaster for any reason other than to accompany your child is just questionable.

Correct me if I'm wrong OP, but I think he meant new credits in general, not necessarily coasters that you rode the year they opened.

Well 2011 stands out by far! TPR-trips help alot when it comes to credits: 181 new credits that year.

From some new coasters near home, to a kopenhagen/Liseberg trip. And don't forget a new credit in Parque Warner Madrid and my first visit to that other madrid park! But then in the middle of the summer the TPR North East & Road to Cedar Point trips!

And now in 2012 i'm on 6 new credits like: Dragonfly, Wodan, Holly's Wilde Autofahrt and a new park for me Tripsdrill More coming this summer with a holiday to Spain!

1996: 1 credit

199x: 1 credit

2000: 1 credit

2008: 6 credits

2009: 48 credits

2010: 95 credits

2011: 199 credits

2012: 9 credits and counting

Total: 360

The success of 2011 may not be repeated in a long time, if ever. Beating that number would require extensive international travel at this point. This year should most resemble 2009, as I'm expecting about 50-60 credits.

I'm glad I once made a similar post, or I would never remember this and would have to go look at my spreadsheet.

Think i got 21 in 2011

Iron Wolf, Millennium Force, Iron Dragon, Raptor, Blue Streak, Wildcat, Top Thrill Dragster, Magnum, Woodstock Express, Gemini: Blue, Gemini: Red, Mean Streak, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Mantis, Disaster Transport, Zeus, Hades, Cyclops, Pegasus

My most successful years have been from 2010-2012.

2010: 30 new credits

2011: 70 new credits

2012: 30 new credits (so far)

2011 was quite the successful year due to two trips on my own to Hershey/Knoebels and Kennywood and then a TPR trip. This year is going pretty well also having finished my first trip of the year.

Definitely from 2009 on have been successful.

2009- Only 4 new credits to me

2010- 19 new credits to me

2011 thanks to TPR 52 new credits

2012 so far 31 but LeviaTHON and ECB are coming up that will at least double. (I'm hoping to end the year with 240ish credits after starting with 151).

Right now, it's 2011 with 21 new credits, due to first-time trips to Adventureland (IA), BGW, and Kings Dominion.

2012 is at 15 new credits right now, due to first time trips to SFFT and Valleyfair!, but I still have to go to Nickelodeon Universe in August and at least one weekend I'll be hiking down to Six Flags St. Louis. Having never visited either, that will definitely make this year the most new credits I've attained. Not this year, but next year I should break the 100 credit barrier. Planning on doing that at Silver Dollar City

My biggest year was actually 2006-- it was just when I started getting into coasters, and my dad and I took a week-long road trip through Ohio to visit Kings Island, Cedar Point, Geauga Lake (at the time I didn't know how valuable those credits would become), and Kennywood. In one week, Monday through Friday, I nabbed 33 new credits. It might have been even more, but I wasn't keeping track at that point. Still one of the best weeks of my life!

Most years i average around 80

2008 - 105

2009 - 94

2010 - 87

2011 - 60

This year will be way down as i have almost no international trips planned, and we have our first child on the way. Kind of cuts into travel time with an 8 month pregnant wife

This year's been epic so far!

Swarm at thorpe

3 at brean (didn't ride the big apple) - 4

2 at wicksteed (didn't ride circus clown) - 6

3 at lake compounce - 9

spited by quassy - (2)

11 at six flags new england - 20

spited by all of coney island - 6 - (8)

12 at six flags great adventure (spited by toro of all rides) - 32 (9)

4 at knoebels - 36

7 at dorney ( spited by stinger) - 43 (10)

8 at six flags america - 51

12 at hershey - 63

13 at kings dominion (not taxi jam) - 76

6 at busch williamsburg - 82

7 at kennywood - 89

spited by both coasters at idlewild - 90 (12)

15 at cedar point (not jr gemini) -

104 and 12 spitings so far.

and this weekend I'm off to paris for asterix, st paul and jardin - so should get a good dozen there depending on what I get on.

I have ridden at least one new coaster every year for 23 consecutive years (beginning in 1990). The biggest year was by far 2002, with 188 new coasters that season. That included a visit to every US Six Flags, Cedar Fair, and Paramount park at the time. 2011 was my runner up year with just over 100 new coasters (thanks to a Jersey Shore and Canada trip). I highly doubt I will ever break the 100 coaster barior in one year without some major international traveling.

Going way back to when I got really interested in roller coasters:

1996: 6

1997: 13

1998: 14

1999: 107

2000: 59

2001: 48

2002: 121

2003: 62

2004: 5

2005: 71

2006: 128

2007: 27

2008: 32

2009: 23

2010: 29

2011: 47

2012: 30 so far

2002 and 2006 were big years due to international trips to the UK, Canada, mainland Europe, and Scandinavia. Not sure what happened in 2004, I guess Islands of Adventure was still good back then, and BGT wasn't too far away if I needed a change of scenery.