TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IMG World of Adventure

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tickets seem really expensive to me, $81 for adults and $69 for children seems a lot. Is that the going rate for attractions in this area?

Sadly that's the going rate these days, the area has got way more pricey since I started going five or so years ago.

^Yeah, I've noticed all of the prices for everything in the UAE has gone up. It's like they realized what they had and raised prices to match as opposed to before when it was more of a bargain.

They still offer a bunch of "UAE Resident" discounts to most of the parks and water parks in the region. It's very similar to how the parks in the Orlando/Tampa area offer Florida Resident discounts - particularly during the slower months.

A great example is the Aquaventure waterpark at Atlantis the Palm that costs 260 AED ($71) for a day's admission - but the rate for UAE Residents is 195 AED ($53). The parks here (just like the ones in Central Florida) take great care of the local residents!

I don't care how much they cost. I have waited 20 years for a decent theme park in this region and we will soon have loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, that is another way to look at it

But it still is rather expensive, and that will probably keep some of the guests away..

^Yeah, I've noticed all of the prices for everything in the UAE has gone up. It's like they realized what they had and raised prices to match as opposed to before when it was more of a bargain.

They still offer a bunch of "UAE Resident" discounts to most of the parks and water parks in the region. It's very similar to how the parks in the Orlando/Tampa area offer Florida Resident discounts - particularly during the slower months.

A great example is the Aquaventure waterpark at Atlantis the Palm that costs 260 AED ($71) for a day's admission - but the rate for UAE Residents is 195 AED ($53). The parks here (just like the ones in Central Florida) take great care of the local residents!

That makes sense, thanks for the insight!

They should make sure they even get to one million before they start talking 4.5. I can't find exact attendance numbers for Ferrari World but most sources pin it around 900,000, so matching five times that number is going to be one hell of a tall order. I know Dubai is the fastest growing tourist destination in the world right now but going in with expectations that high sounds like a recipe for catastrophe.

Well, I don't know about you guys, but this looks like the best indoor park ever!
But Ferrari World is in the same city.

...oh yeah.

Ferrari World is in Abu Dhabi, not Dubai. Granted they're only about an hour drive away from each other, but still...

Just had a walk round img and it is amazing! Will get some pics up tonight

Great to finally meet you today, Dave!

The park completely exceeded my expectations. Absolutely fantastic products with a great mix of attractions. Three solid coasters and some absolutely unique and fun dark rides - plus tons more.

Hulk was incredible and unexpected. It's rare that an attraction completely surprises me - with a totally unique ride system and totally cool show - I can't wait to get back and experience it again!

Double post!!!

Heres my report from opening day

I was lucky enough to attend opening day at IMG worlds of adventure.

This review is quite wordy so you might want to skip to the photos at the end.

I was working there so didn't get to ride all the rides but did ride the three rollercoasters and managed to see most of the park. Therefore this review will mostly be about the rollercoasters and the general park. I will be returning to the park soon in order to ride the other rides and will post that review soon as I can.

First impressions when you enter a quite impressive. As you enter the Q area to get entry to the park on the right is the soon to be opened multiplex cinema. Once you enter through the turnstiles you are straight into IMG Boulevard. This area has several restaurants and shops and is also home to the haunted hotel attraction.

First impressions here are that it does look somewhat dark as you enter however once your eyes get accustomed to the light it actually looks fabulous. The seeming on this area is amazing and it includes the main IMG shop, coffee shops and full service restaurants.

Moving towards the bottom of IMG Boulevard on the left there is an entrance to the Cartoon Network zone and the haunted hotel. Again the theme in on the outside of the haunted hotel is unbelievable and there is great attention to detail. There is a bell boy outside beckoning people to enter. The make up and acting of this person was amazing. I can't wait to see inside.

If you take the path to the left just before the haunted hotel you like to the Cartoon Network zone. Again the theming is amazing and they have done a nice job of blending one zone into another.

In the cartoon network again features many restaurants and shops and quite a few rides. The only ride I went on here was adventure time the ride of ooo. This is a suspended monorail which goes out around the park and also features some nice dark ride sections. The right system is made by IE Park and provides a nice smooth ride. The dark right sections are based on the cartoon and it is a great way to get a view over the cartoon network zone.

A special mention has to be made for the queue line which goes up inside A tree house from the cartoon.

Also in this area is a Ben 10 5D ride, are gumball dark ride and a climbing ropes course. This is also home to the power puff girls ride. The area also features roaming characters and shows.

The next area is the last Valley. Again as you walk into this area it does initially feel a little dark however once you enter The feeling is absolutely stunning this area is home to 2 of the three rollercoasters.

Predator is a heavily themed gerstlaur Eurofighter. It features a beyond vertical drop and several inversions all amongst the highly themed dinosaur area. Also in this area is forbidden territory A large-scale dark ride that was not operating when I was there. The adventure Fortress is an amazing kids play area and the dino carousel is a very unique carousel.

The velociraptor is the other rollercoaster here. This is a blue fire clone that launches you out of the building into several inversions outside. I have not ridden blue fire however this is a truly great ride. There is a small dark ride section inside before you are launched out of the building. The only thing I would say about this ride is that the entrance is quite hard to find. Around the back of the other rides.

This whole area is dotted with animatronic dinosaurs and fantastic themeing.

The final zone is marvel zone. This has several rides including the hulk 3D experience, an avengers dark ride and the Spider-Man spinning coaster.

Again the theming of this land is stunning. The whole area is like walking into the marvel universe. The Spider-Man coaster is a really good spinner. It sends you out over the park then inside for a nicely themed inside run. It's a very good ride and is one of the best in the park.

This area has some amazingly well themed restaurants. Including Tony's sky deck a steak and seafood fine dining restaurant.

Overall I can say this is the best indoor theme park I have ever been to anywhere in the world. And certainly the biggest!

Videos and photos don't do it justice. The sheer scale is unbelievable.

All the staff are extremely helpful and friendly.

Here some photos.

Thank you so much for the photos and reviews! Definitely look like a very interesting park.

Is the Mack spinning coaster a custom layout or someone copy and paste?

All of the coasters at the park are, actually, clones

Velociraptor = Blue Fire (of course)

Predator = Mirror image of Rage at Adventure Island (UK) and Canobie Park

Spider-Man = Sierra Sidewinder at Knott's Berry Farm