TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Travel Channel 'Coaster Wars' finds a familiar expert

I really liked this show as well as the Waterpark one before it. Although I love roller coasters, I have not been to a lot of theme parks - Dollywood, Kings Island, Cedar Point, and Six Flags Over Georgia are it. So, it was awesome for me to get to see these other coasters out there. I was shocked though like most of you were at the winners, I didn't pick either one. Both of the winners seemed kind of blah to me compared to the other choices.

Can't wait for the episodes that feature coasters I've ridden in the next few shows!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"A ride on Thunderhead is like going on a speed date with a southern belle"

That was an actual quote from the show, who writes this shizz ? It's still better than Bert the Conqueror though. Other than the ridiculous commentary (which is pretty normal for shows like this) this series has been pretty decent.

I liked their quote about it being a trip down memory lane... but with your foot on the accelerator and memory lane flying past you at 53 mph. I think the strange analogies they make are kinda clever.

Has any TPR members (besides Robb) been on this show yet? I've seen several ACErs.

I, too, thought El Toro should have won... but I've never been on the Voyage so I'm not the one to ask.

That was an actual quote from the show, who writes this shizz ? It's still better than Bert the Conqueror though. Other than the ridiculous commentary (which is pretty normal for shows like this) this series has been pretty decent.

That had to be one of the weirdest comparisons that I've ever heard. Bert the Conqueror wasn't that bad of a show I enjoyed watching it but that can just be my opinion.

Just saw the G-force giants episode yesterday but was somewhat bothered by the fact that they called everyone they quoted a "coaster enthusiast". I mean I have a pretty loose definition of coaster enthusiast but you at least have some idea what your talking about to qualify as one. Some of the people they interviewed were very clearly just random people who don't even know some general roller coaster terminology . I think "park patron" is a more appropriate term for some of the people in a show. Just my opinion

Has any TPR members (besides Robb) been on this show yet? I've seen several ACErs.

I'm in the intro riding Top Thrill Dragster. I might be in the height and speed episodes as well. I know several TPR members went to the shoots, but what footage the producers choose to use is anybody's guess.

I'm in the intro riding Top Thrill Dragster. I might be in the height and speed episodes as well. I know several TPR members went to the shoots, but what footage the producers choose to use is anybody's guess.

I thought that was you on that clip of Dragster but I was too lazy to rewind it and verify. Has that episode aired yet?

Kids...don't read this & I mean it!!!!

I kinda chuckled at that one myself and had to ponder that analogy...

* Did that mean that she can be a little rougher at night?

* Will the lines to ride her be shorter on August 27th at 3:10:55 PM?

* Is she better with alcohol?

* You can get on and off her in less than three minutes?

* Will I get soiled by her track lubricants?

* Shouldn't it be a speed date with a Southern Gentleman? AKA: Will I get a big woodie while riding the big woodie?

* Would (or wood) I have time to adore all of her sexy curves?

And the best one:

* She goes twice as fast when she's wet!

I know...I have a sick mind!!!!

The show is kind of weird and seems like they don't do any research. During the Carowinds part for Afterburn, they are saying it is the largest investment the park has ever made in a ride, but you can see Intimdator right behind it. How is that possible? Are they just going off of old papers or something? I mean they could ask anyone here to do a little research for them and it would be so much better than what they are saying. I agree the whole "coaster enthusiast" tabbing is a little ridiculous. But, the show is nice because it shows coasters, and that's a good thing!!

• 2 weeks later...