TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

I think it's a flyover.

When you look at the four tracks next to eachother, you see the footers from the middle tracks are sometimes near and sometimes far from the next footers. That would be drops. An other plan shows the station, with two tracks on top of it.

It will be a fly over when you look to the drawing "village side" you will see the coastertrack shape on the roof, what i think is cool is the fact that there's gonna be a darkride section around the station and if there's one thing the efteling does best than its darkrides!!!! except Carnaval festival!

A member from the Eftelist website made this model of Joris en de Draak with NoLimits.

If you take a look at the released layout this model could look like the real thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds0T2zzr1ow

For more information about this model and the real GCI rollercoaster, just visit: http://www.eftelist.nl/mail/6044

Ouch! That ride is horrible. I'll just pretend I did not see it and wait for a decent recreation.

I do wonder how somebody can put this together without knowing anything of the actual height of the track except for the lifthill.

Well, I was bored this afternoon and burped up this:

Do note that while the clips might be off-sync, the trains are not.

I won't be uploading this ride, because when I do, I want the ride to be accurate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Because Joris en de Draak / George and the Dragon and Raveleijn, Bosrijk and Station de Oost have their own posts on the first page, i will post them apart too.

Raveleijn (managementbuilding, theater, restaurants):

Bosrijk ('Hotel')

Eftelist

They stayed a weekend and posted all their pics there. They show the pool, the houses, the park itself and the restaurant.

Station de Oost (Steamtrain station, restaurants, toilets):

I don't have pics myself, so I just post the links...

Pics on Eftelist.nl

Eftelist

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
The park opened today for a special occasion, so there are new pics from inside the park!

You can see the coasters (nearly finished) and theming on Vijf Zintuigen.

Just put them here, there is no need to send them all there

This is the turnaround near Piranha

This part is going to be in the water. Also notice the flat turn when coming out of the turnaround.

And the big fat slap of concrete is gone

Lifthills

Ah, they also add some theming near the station location.

Mhhh, now we actually see its a Vekoma, although, good paintjob for a white coaster.

I can see airtime

Notice that little hill there.

Worlds first, a straight GCI first drop xD

Now, I wanna have it open

That looks like a really awesome pair of coasters! Those little hills surrounding the turnaround look great!

But actually, I would consider both Gwazi and El Toro to have straight drops, so it's not quite a first...

^El Toro's drop isn't as straight as you might think:

I can't wait for this to open. It may be tame because of the low height, but the racing/dueling thing might be just enough coolness to overcome that.

Wow it looks great so far. This really makes me want to visit this park in the future. Also it will be interesting to see how their buildings turn out because they were pretty detailed in the concept art. But I know they are very good at theming!

This may have already been asked...How do you pronounce Joris en de Draak?

Oh, I'll have a go at this, I'd say:

Joris en de Draak

Yòhris an duh Drààhk

or something..

J in joris as you'd say "yay" not j as in "jake"

all "r"s are rolling r's, if you know, like the gargling sound* you make when u rinse your teeth

*edit: maybe more like a purring cat sound actually..

"en" is pronounced pretty much like "and", but minus the d

"aa" in "Draak" as in "AARGH" you know, that pirate expression ^_^

does that make things more clear or just more confusing?

I can't wait for this to open. It may be tame because of the low height, but the racing/dueling thing might be just enough coolness to overcome that.

El Toro is about the same height, and I have to say that it's not tame, I rank it similar as Troy...

Nice to see that they have completed much of the layout of the coaster, more or less only the bit around the station that is missing now.