TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

Is it just me or do these trains sit 3-4-3-4? That's kinda weird.

You're correct. That's because in the darkride , there's a video projection so with this 3-4-3-4 seats, you can sea the projection better (and ofcourse more). It's just like a cinema.

Intamin has made the new system for the lift. Before the boat come's to the lift, it falls 6 meters down with a drop, en then up to the chain, but if the boat wouldn't connect directly with the chain, it would fallback and you could have a whiplash (or something like that), that was the problem. So intamin made a brake at the excact point where the boat has to connect with the chain. When the boat drops at the first drop and runs to the chain, the brake will hold the boat until the boat is connect with the chain, so it can't fallback anymore (if the system works )

I hope you all understood what I said

Are you talking about mechanisim like in Space Mountain in Paris - before the lift hill there is this drop and than you get inside the lift hill and you can feel that the trainis being caught in order not to fall back. I always felt this very hard although the seats made this part tolerable.

Are you talking about mechanisim like in Space Mountain in Paris - before the lift hill there is this drop and than you get inside the lift hill and you can feel that the trainis being caught in order not to fall back. I always felt this very hard although the seats made this part tolerable.

you can see it like that yes. but at SM the train stops very hard, At Th flying dutchman, the boat stops at the excact point where it would connect with the chain, so i guess (and hope) it wound be a hard stop.

today there where test-running whole day! enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.brabantsdagblad.nl/efteling/article1059893.ece

A movie!

Click on ''kijk op BD TV"

Type how old you are (or 0 if you dont want to)

The problem is solved!

The person is the 'boss' of the Efteling. He says the problem is solved: 'Look, brakes!' You can see some animatronics near the lift (2 dolls), and the whole part outside is showed. Also the station is seen.

Look at how deep the boats are in the water!

Well, it looks very impressive. Amazingly themed. I didn't realise the extent of the dark ride section. I also like the way that the boat "floats" onto the lifthill and back to the station.

I get the impression from what the guy was saying (obviously, I don't speak Flemish) that Intamin had put a cable lift on the lifthill although I'm probably completely wrong. They obviously did something else to the train to get it round the course as the track certainly hadn't changed much. It did still looks a bit slow in parts though, particuarly the turn around.

It looks to be a good quality, fun, unique ride and hopefully it will be worth the wait. I'd certainly like to see more from Kumbak in the future but preferably without the glitches

That looks pretty cool to me ... great news that they finally started testing with people (personel only). And even greater news that they really are trying to open it on april 1st this year if all goes well with the dnv checkup. At least, that's what Olav (The big boss of the efteling) said in an interview.

I found some testing pictures on http://www.dvhe.nl/ and http://www.themepark.nl :

06.jpg.4e8dba55d21b3cb31074342781a13970.jpg

Yes ... people inside !

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Yeah, "De Vliegende Hollander" (The Flying Dutchman) will open the first of april (no joke btw).

I'v seen the ride last year when it was almost finished. DVH is not very high, not very fast and it doesn't look very spectacular. But that typical "Fairytale-Efteling-atmosphere" surrounds the ride: and that's what makes all the rides at Efteling amusement park amazing.

This is going to be a fantastic ride for coasterlovers who appreciate theming, design, a good story and atmosphere.

Intamin has solved the problem of the chain lift. Now the boats will have a stop on the chain and then they will continue their journey.

Here is a video clip of a short time ago:

http://ed.noterik.com/adserver/edtv_player.php?ph=BD&asset_id=18600#

(first you have a 20 second commercial and then the clip of DVH begins)

The Efteling has said in another video, the reason they don't have a big splash where the wave is going over the front of the boat is that people can take pictures of friends or familie in the boat.

It looks lovely and smoothe! Im hoping to go to Efteling for a first time in August, and would quite like to go on this, despite my nerves about roller coasters!

The drop looks a little steep for me (but holy hell look how steep that lift hill is!), and it tilts pretty far sideways on the horseshoe...

...but I might give it a go. Just need to grow some balls.

It looks lovely and smoothe! Im hoping to go to Efteling for a first time in August, and would quite like to go on this, despite my nerves about roller coasters!

Don't forget the tripreport!

I don't know if im going to ride this, coasters are not my thing. I like theming more!

I went to Efteling last year and it is now my No:1 Park, you feel like you have been transported to another world once the ticket office is out of site.

It is so clean n tidy, the theming for each coaster is amazing. Shame their woodie is no good, they deserve a GG or GCII twister.

When in 2007 is the ride due to open..?

Eftelings Flying Dutchman finally carried it’s first riders late last week as the park staff and management took their first rides.

The attraction will have cost 20 million Euros ($25 million US), a bit of a waste when MF costs the same amount.

The park needs to do something to it's woodie coaster, this is not worthy being in the park, it is rough and needs some added to it even if it is classed as being a family ride.

It's a shame the locals do not support the Park: In the past, local environmentalists had been able to block many crucial projects in the history of De Efteling.

It was only after fierce employee protests that De Efteling was re-allowed to build there looping roller coaster Python back in 1981. Since then, they haven't been able to get rid of the environmentalist organization BMF.

This organization protests against virtually any building permit request by De Efteling.

I hope the Park does not sufer from this silly group's protest and it can build some world class rides in the coming years, if it can't build any rides the Park will suffer and it might have to close due to lack of people going to other parks.

The attraction will have cost 20 million Euros ($25 million US), a bit of a waste when MF costs the same amount.

(...)

I hope the Park does not sufer from this silly group's protest and it can build some world class rides in the coming years, if it can't build any rides the Park will suffer and it might have to close due to lack of people going to other parks.

Efteling will never build a Millenium Force, Kingda Ka, Colossos or any other huge thrill ride. That's not Efteling's style. Most of the 20 million euros are spent on theming and the dark ride section. Good Efteling theming can beat the larger thrills in parks nearby easily. It's not a waste of money. Efteling is a family park and families living nearby will always come back to this park. For year's Efteling is the most popular day trip for dutch families, it beats Walibi World, Amsterdam, the Rotterdam Harbor and other touristic attractions. If they can build every five to ten years a typical Efteling ride, people keep on coming to Efteling.

Just don't expect a rocket coaster, MF, expedition Geforce or a Dragon Khan to come to Efteling.