TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

I probably would have never clicked on this thread but its recent blowing up picqued my interest lol. Reading past the last few pages, I got to be very interest in this place! I started reading up on it and it looks absolutely beautiful and well-themed. To those who know more about this place than me...what is this park like compared to, say, Disneyland? From what I can tell it's got some Disney-level dark rides and theming but I dont have much basis besides a couple online reviews and pictures? What do you guys think, and why dont we hear more about this place?

^ Maybe you just don't follow European parks that much, but Efteling is probably one of the top five European parks that I hear talked about all the time. Have you looked at the photos we have in our park index or videos on our YouTube channel? That might be a good place to start!

^ Maybe you just don't follow European parks that much, but Efteling is probably one of the top five European parks that I hear talked about all the time. Have you looked at the photos we have in our park index or videos on our YouTube channel? That might be a good place to start!

No I definitely don't follow them at all lol. But I know the regulars like Europa, Heide, Liesberg, Walibi, Holiday Park, etc...I dont know why this one slipped through the cracks. I'll check the YouTube channel out, Im especially interested in the Dream Flight ride.

I guess the thing is that this might be the first good inverting coaster to go into a dutch parks since..how many years? I´m not sure, but I think it must be at least more than ten years. Of course thats exciting..

You brought up Black Mamba, which was excatly the same case. The first Big-Scale (for european standards) inverting B&M coming to that country. I guess that is what makes all the folks go so mad about that coaster. It´s something new, something that might make you think it´s better than everything else, even though you didn´t exactly try to find out what "everything else" is before

No I definitely don't follow them at all lol. But I know the regulars like Europa, Heide, Liesberg, Walibi, Holiday Park, etc...I dont know why this one slipped through the cracks. I'll check the YouTube channel out, Im especially interested in the Dream Flight ride.

Here's a few videos for you!

Dreamflight is very good, although again another ride I felt was very over-hyped when it first opened. I think today is stands well on it's own, though.

Another dark ride from the park:

Their wooden racing coaster:

Vekoma looper:

And their Bobsled ride:

I guess the thing is that this might be the first good inverting coaster to go into a dutch parks since..how many years? I´m not sure, but I think it must be at least more than ten years.

I quite liked Formule X quite a bit and that was 2007 or 2008, right?

With all the distraction caused by this B&M I feel a very important question has been forgotten about. That question is of course, does the park still have the donkey that craps out chocolate coins?

No choclate coins but plastic gold coins that aren't worth much.

I guess the thing is that this might be the first good inverting coaster to go into a dutch parks since..how many years? I´m not sure, but I think it must be at least more than ten years.

I quite liked Formule X quite a bit and that was 2007 or 2008, right?

Well you got me there, Robb I´m a german and I don´t follow dutch parks that closely, it was just a gut feeling.

With all the distraction caused by this B&M I feel a very important question has been forgotten about. That question is of course, does the park still have the donkey that craps out chocolate coins?

Not sure if its chocalate but yes its still there.

On a bit of emotional note;

one of the Black Swans is looking most of the day into the reflection of himself in a dustbin, his partner died a few months ago. Its heartbreaking for a lot of people, so some of them are looking for soulutions, like giving a new Swan or even a "Swanwhisperer". (Yes i just said that.)

Here a video;

No choclate coins but plastic gold coins that aren't worth much.

Darn--and I was going to invest in plastic-gold futures.

Here's a few videos for you!

Thanks for those! The dark rides look...interesting, to say the least. But the sets are detailed and a park that uses original music is good by me. To my original question...doesn't quite look Disney-level quality. But still, I'm gonna start keeping an eye on this place.

The dark rides look...interesting...doesn't quite look Disney-level quality.

They aren't. But they ARE very good. A lot of the European parks have very impressive dark rides: Efteling, Europa Park, Phantasialand, etc. All what I would consider 2nd tier to a Disney dark ride. And while some people might get upset with me saying that, saying you're 2nd next to Disney is quite a HUGE compliment!

Someone filmed a bird looking at a trashcan? Came home, edited a video, and then posted it to YouTube???

86000 views so far, so not that bad

That's 86,000 people that couldn't believe that someone would actually spend time filming a bird looking at a trash can! lol

The dark rides look...interesting...doesn't quite look Disney-level quality.

They aren't. But they ARE very good. A lot of the European parks have very impressive dark rides: Efteling, Europa Park, Phantasialand, etc. All what I would consider 2nd tier to a Disney dark ride. And while some people might get upset with me saying that, saying you're 2nd next to Disney is quite a HUGE compliment!

Exactly. They're very entertaining rides (particularly Europa's "haunted house" ride).

^ Those supports are in Udenhout for quite sometime. That picture just shows me that nothing more came since the last update. Still wondering why this hasn't been transported to the Efteling. Those Arch's could have hung by now. O well they now what they're doing.