TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

Erm nope, they are going to place it with magic;

I don't know how they will do the tracks inside... Roof is closed, and as far i know all the other sides too...

I might have an answer to that. I was in the park yesterday and I know for sure the side by The flying Dutchman is a open hole. My prediction is that they're going to instal these track pieces through that wall and bring them in place from there. This is my best guess. I'm sure they have a plan or maybe they placed some additional track inside during the early hours, I mean we can't see through wall can we? Anyways these are wild guesses.

Yeah, Great Bears' supports are like that because of a building restriction. Baron's are in a whole different league because they're going to be themed to late 19th century steel lattice work, which is a major step for B&M since they not only have to make it look authentic, but also keeping it a solid structural component to the coaster. Gatekeeper's keyholes was B&M's first support structure that was a designer piece, rather than a simple pipe support. Still think to this day that it was an excellent decision by B&M to offer to do that instead of what the alternative was, which was to encase support pieces inside of a concrete and plaster keyhole.

I think Baron is going to be a great addition to the park for what I consider is the Netherlands' own Disneyland. I mean, the theming they put into their rides is unbelievable. Joris en de Draak looks great with its dragon and medieval theming, Vliegende Hollander's theming is astonishing, even giving Python's new Vekoma trains a great paint job on what I consider the most generic ride in their park. And the entrance to the park, holy crap! It's why I'm really hoping that 2016 might be the year I get to head over to Europe.

this new aquanura show is put together quite nicely... but I just don't think it fits the Efteling at all. I would've prefered if they had made an orchestrated version and mixed the different efteling tunes, that would've fit the efteling better than this techno stuff. I'm glad they will only perform this at exclusive events or special days.

Even though I don't speak or understand the language, it looks like a cool video. It is amazing to see where some of the inspiration comes from for some of these well-themed rides. That clip around 1:20 would appear to be where the idea for the lift hill came from.

Open in the video the youtube settings > subtitles > choose your language. Subtitles are available in English, French, German and Dutch.

I wish Playland here in Vancouver would go all Steampunk and Euro-industrial design,

in the redo of the park in the up coming decade or so. Like this coaster is heading.

Looks great. Hope it fulfills steampunque dreams.

I 've said it before, this ride will not have a steampunk theme. The theme is based on real Northern European mining companies. The industrial revolution in the United Kingdom had a very big impact on Northern Europe. Not only the scale and technique was influenced by the United Kingdom but even the architecture. Nearly every big mining structure build in Northern Europe in the end of the 18th century or begin 19th, is build with red brick work and lots of iron work. You can even find in those buildings some Victorian details or influences, while the Victorian architecture is very rare in the Netherlands or Germany. I'll show you some pictures of Northern European mine buildings wich are not located in the UK.

Zeche Zollverein Germany.

Belgium (eftelist.nl)

Belgium (eftelist.nl)

Belgium (eftelist.nl)

The theme of Steampunk finds its roots in the steam-driven industry with its Victoran architecture and feel but combines it with future and science fiction.

The building and ride of Baron 1898 will be themed as a real Northern European mining company. The story is about a working mine and the visitors will be the new employees of the company. Because Efteling is a park of telling stories, they combine these 'real' working mine with an old legend about white ghosts that live (according to folk tales) into the soil. So they combine real history with ancient myths and sagas which has nothing to do with future perspectives of SciFi. So this ride will not be Steampunk.