TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

The color of the coaster looks great, it's a color well chosen and matching the rest of the Baron themed area like the bridge, the station etc. And most of all it matches the rest of the park since it's a color that looks a lot like "Piecks Groen" (Piecks' green, named after Anton Pieck, the first designer of the Efteling who invented this color.) So it's a custom track color made to fit right into the rest of the park. Besides that it won't be that noticable between the trees and greenery, if you compare it to the white Gardaland track

The theming isn't really steampunk, it's focused on the time that mining was a big industry in the Netherlands. So it'll probably be more historically accurate instead of slamming dials and funnels on everything.

There won't be a curve after the lifthill, do you guys think there will be a holding break? It would be weird if there isn't one.

Wouldn't it be cool if the staff uniform for the attraction could be something like this
There was an article a few days ago in the newspaper with the CEO of the Efteling (Fons Jurgens) and he said that they were working on themed employees costumes. But the Efteling replaced it's uniform about three years ago, so I don't think they will replaced it very soon!

Do Efteling use the same uniform across the park? That's quite surprising to me if they do as they strike me as the kind of park (like Europa or Phantasialand etc) that have themed uniforms per area or at least for the major rides? Maybe they'll make an exception for this ride (like Alton Towers have done previously for some of their bigger rides when they first open).

I love that color. I hate to judge a coaster before I ride it, but from the renderings I think it will be OK, but I have not made an official decision since obviously no one has ridden it. I think this will put Efteling on the map for coaster junkies.

Do Efteling use the same uniform across the park? That's quite surprising to me if they do as they strike me as the kind of park (like Europa or Phantasialand etc) that have themed uniforms per area or at least for the major rides? Maybe they'll make an exception for this ride (like Alton Towers have done previously for some of their bigger rides when they first open).

Yes Efteling uses the same uniform across the park, even the major rides don't have themed uniforms. There are some rumors this ride wil have themed uniforms but nothing has been confirmed. And about the steampunk uniforms, this ride has nothing to do with steampunk.

Yes Efteling uses the same uniform across the park, even the major rides don't have themed uniforms. There are some rumors this ride wil have themed uniforms but nothing has been confirmed. And about the steampunk uniforms, this ride has nothing to do with steampunk.

The idea behind this non-themed-outfit is that every visitor immediately can see which people are employees of the Efteling and which not. Also you can't see where someone is working, so for every visitor is the employee the same (from vacation worker until manager). So the idea is you ask easier questions to them.

When you look at Phantasialand, you know that employee belongs to that ride so you don't ask him/her (as easily) of there are any lactose-free-menu's available in the park.

This is the outfit for the themepark (left women, right men). In the hotels they have the same outfit but in other colors!

Even if it's going to be a short ride in terms, it's still going to be one of the most best themed drop coasters out there. I know it's easy to give a opinion like that when you live near to the park. But I've been several times in the states and other countries out there. My nr.1 park still would be Europapark with a slightly sharing place with EPCOT. But when it comes to atmosphere and theming around a ride, the Efteling sure is doing something unique. I'm really looking forward to stand in this queue, it sure will be one of the best drop coasters out there. Especially in waiting queue and 6 seater drop coaster. Thanks for your update.

The idea behind this non-themed-outfit is that every visitor immediately can see which people are employees of the Efteling and which not. Also you can't see where someone is working, so for every visitor is the employee the same (from vacation worker until manager). So the idea is you ask easier questions to them.

When you look at Phantasialand, you know that employee belongs to that ride so you don't ask him/her (as easily) of there are any lactose-free-menu's available in the park.

This is the outfit for the themepark (left women, right men). In the hotels they have the same outfit but in other colors!

What a classy uniform. And thanks for the explanation - I wasn't criticising the park but thought it was surprising, but it totally makes sense when you explain it like that Thanks also to Sven for the reply!

Need to visit the park these days I really like to see the track myself and the last time I was there they only had the station part of the building up, I'm guessing it's now 3 times to 4 times the size of that. And i found it very big to begin with I fink this should be huge.