TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

^^ I agree that Dives are much better then the winged coasters and I agree with you on that aspect. but I would have hoped that either the Efteling of Gardaland would built a Flying coaster, these sure seem fun and I still dislike the fact we only have one in Europe like it. But I'm still happy we get these 2 dive's, both look to have some potential and only time will tell us if they do, I mean small Lay-outs have shown to be quite surprising. Let's just hope on some more unique Dive lay-outs.

Name of the new Dive Coaster announced: Baron 1898!

Also, finally some concept arts:

Station building

The trains will be similar to the ones at Heide-Park in Germany (6x3) and it will have two in/unload stations, something like Oblivion in Alton Towers.

Thanks to the construction update movies of the Efteling!:

Thanks for the update

The backstory,

It's a guy (the baron) who finds a piece of gold in an (old?) mine. Ghost appear in the mine and tell the dude not to take the gold, obviously he does take the gold. He then uses the gold to buy the entire piece of property on wich the mine is set. He starts a company to exploid the mine and look for more gold. Sadly he has enraged the ghosts by taking the gold, so all the mineworkers are plauged by ghosts and are to afraid to continue working for the baron.

I gues now its the vistors turn to go look for the gold.

The story will be told in the que line and preshow. So it's likely we can expect another awesome que the efteling has done with the flying dutch man.

Thank you very much for this, sounds fantastic! Now I realise that what I thought was just white mist around the tunnel is in fact the ghosts, awesome!

As for not seeing enough B&M Flyers being built, I really don't think much of them at all, their design restricts their intensity greatly and I've yet to be impressed by one (Gatekeeper, Swarm & X-Flight ridden so far) unlike Dive Coasters which I always enjoy no matter how short.

@ Andybarnes, i think you misunderstand what a flying coaster is. All the coasters you named are wingcoasters. Air however in Alton Tower is a Flying coaster. A wingcoaster is in my opinion one of the most lame coaster concepts of B&M so far. I prefer a inverted, flying or dropcoaster over these. But thats my opinion.

For the ride being build at the Efteling, it looks awesome but to bad the expected layout isn't that long. (Drop in tunnel, immelman, corcscrew/zero-g, helix, hump, brake)

Perhaps the inside section will be more interesting like de vliegende hollander. (waiting part, brake section and part before the lifthill)

I don't think the ride will be boring but for a park with 3 to 4 million visitors each year i would expect something more.

Those supports Best looking coaster supports ever?

Hope the real one has this awesome support. It remains a concept art and we all know they rarely look completely the same ( the fact that we have this Mine lift is for sure, but might look in some way different.), I hope the real version looks like this though it looks awesome.

Alpengeist has also custom supports, that are looking like a skilift So i think thats gonna be true :3

Those supports Best looking coaster supports ever?

Hope the real one has this awesome support. It remains a concept art and we all know they rarely look completely the same ( the fact that we have this Mine lift is for sure, but might look in some way different.), I hope the real version looks like this though it looks awesome.

Alpengeist has also custom supports, that are looking like a skilift So i think thats gonna be true :3

I think that was actually to support the track at such extreme heights.

@ Andybarnes, i think you misunderstand what a flying coaster is. All the coasters you named are wingcoasters. Air however in Alton Tower is a Flying coaster. A wingcoaster is in my opinion one of the most lame coaster concepts of B&M so far. I prefer a inverted, flying or dropcoaster over these. But thats my opinion.

My bad! Seriously got my coaster types mixed up, very embarrasing, my apologies!

That changes the debate as there are some impressive flying coasters out there, my current favourite being Tatsu which really is something else, and that one in Asia seems insane (starry sky ripper?). But on the other hand Air is very lame and was a huge let down for me having followed it's construction all the way, haven't even bothered to ride it on recent visits to the park if it's got much of a line. I've always wondered if the station tilt system has been too problematic for this type of ride to properly take off (no pun intended).

I think the coaster is perfect, but as always with these they are reasonably short unless you have the height of Sheikra/Griffon. Does Efteling have strict height restrictions? Also, do we know what inversion will follow the immelman, or will it just be an airtime hill? I got all excited for the recreation with a splash down too but that would just be too good.

I think the coaster is perfect, but as always with these they are reasonably short unless you have the height of Sheikra/Griffon. Does Efteling have strict height restrictions? Also, do we know what inversion will follow the immelman, or will it just be an airtime hill? I got all excited for the recreation with a splash down too but that would just be too good.

Yes, the park may not build over the trees actually. But the permit papers said the asked permission to go over it. But that doesn't make a big difference, the drop is 37,5 meters high, so the ride would be 30 max (that means 5 meter above there restriction of 25.) About the inversion and splash, we have no conformation on the lay-out, I heard whispers and rumors they will release a full 3D onride at the beginning of 2015, so we have to be patient. I like to add that there is a high chance of 2 inversions and almost no chance on the splash, following current rumors and construction work.

• 2 weeks later...

Also rumors are that next week they will start with the track/supports.

Seems to me a bit early. The construction began 2 months ago and we still have 8 to go. Besides I haven't heard of any coaster parts on site. I don't know for sure but I'm sure there is just one footer so far, I was able to see only one footer in the station begin this month and haven't heard of a second.

Anyways looks good so far. Really wonder how it looks this saturday (I'm bringing home a update).