TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

When i initially read the stats of the coaster I was a little underwhelmed. Like some people said it feels like they are missing the point by making dive coasters so small as they nearly are a one trick pony(oblivion). But when you think about it coaster enthusiasts are a small percentage of the population who ride coasters and aren't afraid and will repeat visit parks. These coasters are designed to recruit new coaster enthusiasts who may not have enjoyed coasters before.

Also hearing that this will be longer than Krake and more like a coaster fills me with hope and maybe just maybe we could have a really good coaster on our hands here.

Also hearing that this will be longer than Krake and more like a coaster fills me with hope and maybe just maybe we could have a really good coaster on our hands here.

Possibly, but Krake is pretty short so being longer than it doesn't really guarantee anything.

We'll see.

Well in a way yes. The spokesman of the park had an intervieuw with a fan site and when asked if B&M would build it he said that he couldn't bring such information out but someone who knows a thing or two on coastes would know that that wasn't a thing the could keep a secret. So ina a way he did confrim it.

That is awesome, I really love Krake!

dive.png.8faa6d70a8a45e604f8b16d0940f396b.png

Rough location/size on a bingmap.

127801_gallery.jpg.670eeef2d1aed0fc2248fce197c22b5f.jpg

Masstudy

Some extra information about the building, the track showed on the map is not the official one;

aanvraag ingediend op 25-04-2014

Building start: September 2014

Size of the site: +567 m2

Building: brick color: red

Window frames: wood, steel, color: dark red

Dutch version:

aanvraag ingediend op 25-04-2014

Bouw start: September 2014

Bebouwde oppervlakte van het terrein na uitvoering: +567 m2

bouwonderdelen:

Plint gebouw: baksteen kleur: rood

Voegwerk: voegmortel kleur: vlgs fabrikant

Kozijnen: hardhout,staal kleur: dark red merantie / ntb

Balkonhekken: staal kleur: ntb

dakgoten en boekidelen: zink kleur: naturel

dakbedekking: dakpannen/bitumineus kleur: ntb / vlgs. fabrikant

Location of the new coaster. Might be only a placeholder but looks rather small in the map...

Source: Efteling Twitter

Love the fact that is say's "Kano"vijver ("canoe"pond) just a joke on how it was supposed to be.

Its very pleasing seeing the application. Also there where some rumors the ride gets an old mine theme and I heard the word "mijn gebouw" (Mine building) was linked to the application, so that could be something to expect here.

Can't wait till september and see some action, and I can't wait to see the construction myself.

• 4 weeks later...

Not really news about the new coaster, just a random thing: Today was/is a very busy day for the park. There was a 16 km (I guess 9 miles, almost 10, if I'm correct) long traffic jam, just to enter the parking lot. The park must be pact!

- Just curious, but are there American parks that cause far worse traffic jams on busy days?

There are some parks that have traffic jams. SFMM has backup exits from the freeway they use to try and avoid backups. Disneyland built a special offramp because there used to be such terrible backups. On some days other Six Flags parks also backup real bad too.

Not really news about the new coaster, just a random thing: Today was/is a very busy day for the park. There was a 16 km (I guess 9 miles, almost 10, if I'm correct) long traffic jam, just to enter the parking lot. The park must be pact!

- Just curious, but are there American parks that cause far worse traffic jams on busy days?

This happens in China as well. When Ocean Kingdom first opened, the traffic jam is definitely longer than 9 miles, even before entering the island where the whole resort is at. Not to mention that the road has 8 lanes.

I remember seeing the traffic jam of SFMM at the top of Lex Luthor.

• 2 months later...

Some more pictures of the area atm. They removed a lot of trees and they have drained the pond next to the area.

The Dive Coaster will be close to Georges and the Dragon.

And next to the Flying Dutchman.

The drained pond.

And here we see the building site.

And here wil be the stationbuilding.

Thanks to: http://www.vijfzintuigen.nl