TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

http://www.lineaal.nl/splash.jpg

Splash tests are going on. They are testing all kinds of settings (different splashes for winter and summer). The boats are not yet finished, and they don't run over the entire track (they are pushed away from the brake section into the lake to test the splashes ! Also note the film crew that is filming the results of the different splashes !

I, personally think that the result looks great, and altough at first, you would say that the entrance from the water to the building looks small ... if you have a closer look at the people on top you see it's not ! I also like that you almost cannot see any track (there are two black lines in front of the boat that i think are comming from the track ... but you can barely see them ! I like the splash in an open lake effect, way better than the splash in just another ditch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ Bummer!

How did it end up going to dam slow anyway?

That u-turn at the far end of the ride is almost completely on its side. Surely a corner banked to that degree was intended to be taken at a pretty quick speed?

Anyway, HAR HAR KumbaK, first effort didn't really put in the effort did it...

Well that sucks. When I saw the first drop I thought "Man, this ride is gonna go slow." but i didn't think that SLOW! Haha I've always wanted to see a coaster do that... You've made my dream come true !!! ThankYOU!! I just od'd (over dramitised!) haha thanks for posting the video though! I hope they get it run better next time!

To me, it seems like they overestimated the capabilities of the one car train. It would be pretty easy to just add a motor to pull the car up, but it would not fix the bad pacing that it takes that corner on. I would wonder if more people in the car would just bog it down even more.

Even if the car just made it onto the brakes i would be dissapointed, i mean that hill after the first drop HAS to have airtime what other use could it serve? I think that was the idea from the beginning why else would that turn be so heavily banked?

Anyway maybe they can fix it by just lowering the track a little and speeding up the lift hill, cuz it better works and they better have airtime on that thing when i go this summer...

^It's a little harder than just "lowering the track". It is expesive, becuase it would require modfying the track, supports, and maybe footers (correct me if I'm wrong). Speeding up the lift hill, on the other hand, is easy.

Yeah i guess they'l have to speed up the lift hill then... hey! maybe they can have airtime on the top of that hill to !!!

Its sad dow that KumbaK's first real coaster has failed its test run, it all looked so good and beautiful until the test and they could really use a good coaster with their name on it...

they'r probarly going all DAMN YOU RED BOAT DAMN YOUUUUUU!!!!

Anyway, just kidding, i trust they'll get it to work i just hope it won't cost KumbaK to much being a new company and all...