TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Deep South Bash 2012 - Six Flags Over Georgia

Feeling like we were welcome at SFoG was a good start.

Having been to a number of bashes over the past year or so, no park has rolled out the red carpet like SFoG did; from ERT as far as the eye can see, to ADDING ERT on the drop-tower which was down most of the day, to little touches such as a backstage tour that was epic. Making sure we got the chance to ride every coaster in the park during both the morning session of ERT (I know of very few parks who opened up their mine train for ERT!) or the evening session (Goliath at night isn't shabby at all). The B-E-ERT session prior to night ERT was epic- with fried pies, beer & wine.

For me, having the Park GM come up to me (and a few of my friends) and ask how my day was going, and if there were any problems, and genuinely caring about them was a personal touch that cannot be replicated in any way otherwise. That is a 'warm' feeling that I've yet to have at any other park, save my beloved HersheyPark.

Just those reasons alone are enough to get me back for 2012, and to spend additional time in the park for a few days beforehand. SFoG knows how to run a park right, and does so in a spectacular fashion.

(Plus being able to ride MindBender uninterrupted for two hours didn't hurt either....)

R.D.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The countdown begins! T-Minus 10 days. Im going to be flying up from Miami with a buddy to check out the Bash. With all these great reviews of last year I am really really looking forward to the gathering.

Feeling like we were welcome at SFoG was a good start.

Having been to a number of bashes over the past year or so, no park has rolled out the red carpet like SFoG did; from ERT as far as the eye can see, to ADDING ERT on the drop-tower which was down most of the day, to little touches such as a backstage tour that was epic. Making sure we got the chance to ride every coaster in the park during both the morning session of ERT (I know of very few parks who opened up their mine train for ERT!) or the evening session (Goliath at night isn't shabby at all). The B-E-ERT session prior to night ERT was epic- with fried pies, beer & wine.

For me, having the Park GM come up to me (and a few of my friends) and ask how my day was going, and if there were any problems, and genuinely caring about them was a personal touch that cannot be replicated in any way otherwise. That is a 'warm' feeling that I've yet to have at any other park, save my beloved HersheyPark.

Just those reasons alone are enough to get me back for 2012, and to spend additional time in the park for a few days beforehand. SFoG knows how to run a park right, and does so in a spectacular fashion.

(Plus being able to ride MindBender uninterrupted for two hours didn't hurt either....)

R.D.

This made me 100x more hyped!! I have experienced the "warm" feeling at SFoG in a previous trip, so far it has been the only park comparable to the Disney feeling. I enjoyed my previous trips so much that the bash is most definitely going to be a great day.

Three words.. Goliath evening ERT.

When will there be a finalized schedule? I know you guys are pretty busy on your New Hotness Tour.

We send an email out a couple of days prior to the event, and then we give out the final schedule at the event.

I am still in Atlanta at the moment and will post more when I get home this evening or tomorrow, but I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to Melinda, Brad and everyone at SFOG as well as Robb and TPR for another AWESOME Deep South Bash yesterday-that was one of the best days at SFOG I have ever had if not the best, and I am already looking forward to 2013!

Is it a foregone conclusion that this will be a yearly event?

I would say that Deep South Bash would be a "regular" event we do, but not always going to be yearly. A lot of it depends on our tour schedules, new installations at the park, demand from the locals, etc...

Hope that answers your question.

Is it a foregone conclusion that this will be a yearly event?

I would say that Deep South Bash would be a "regular" event we do, but not always going to be yearly. A lot of it depends on our tour schedules, new installations at the park, demand from the locals, etc...

Hope that answers your question.

Kinda. We were planning a possible September visit this year. But if I knew lock stock and barrell you were doing this in 2013, I'd wait and visit another park on my never ending list

Another ginormous THANKS SO MUCH to everyone at Six Flags Over Georgia and Robb, Elissa, and the TPR team for making Deep South Bash such a fantastic event. The Monster Mansion backstage tour alone made it aces for me, but throw in all the ERT (Goliath at night - OMFG), the other tours, the food, the EBFPT, TPR Quest (did I thank the contestant who brought me up and got me a prize, the green Freefall dealie? I don't think I did properly - THANKS, AMIGO!) , the simply epic-beyond-epic Georgia Cyclone Water Challenge... it just goes on and on.

This was truly The Mother Of All Bashes.