TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Date

p0tat0

So I've been seeing this girl for two months, and its been great so far. I just joked around saying we should go to Disneyland, but she became really excited and wanted to go.

So anywho, we are going July 25th, and I was wondering what would be some "romantic" things to not miss, since everytime I've gone I always just go straight to the thrill rides and ride'em over n over again. I usually eat churros and crap all day so Im not aware of all the restaurants at the parks.

What are the places not to miss with a date? Where would the best restaurants be? We are on a slight budget but aren't scared to splurge just a little bit.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you going to DCA as well or just Disneyland?

As far as restaurants, the high end at Disneyland would be Blue Bayou. It's a bit pricey, but if you're looking to impress it's a good place to go. Downtown Disney has a bunch of restaurant options. If you two are old enough to drink, Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel is a cool bar.

As far as romantic spots, the obvious place is the Snow White wishing well to the right of the castle. There's also the little fountain area in front of Pixie Hollow. The lower deck of the Hungry Bear faces out to the river and there's sometimes ducks and stuff.

^DTD has a few really decent restaurants. I LOVE Via Napoli, but it would only be 'date worthy' if they're using the upstairs. I know Catal is more formal, but not my style food. Tortilla Jo's is also decent Mexican food.

While Blue Bayou is, as Wes said, the place to impress at Disneyland, it may be difficult to get in if you don't have reservations, and reservations can be hard to come by if you don't make them a few weeks (up to two months) in advance. It's also fairly pricey.

If you aren't able to get in there, a nice alternative is the Cafe Orleans, right next door. Even if you experience a wait there, I've never gone more than 20 minutes or so before getting a table. The outside dining provides a sidewalk cafe-like experience perfect for people watching, with a view of the Rivers of America, and you may even luck up on some jazz entertainment from the nearby streetmosphere performers. Or, if you go in the evening, try to plan your meal shortly before Fantasmic starts and stay for the show during dessert. The restaurant offers some of the same menu items as Blue Bayou at a slightly reduced price, if I remember correctly.

Bonus: Both Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans are just steps away from the largely forgotten Court of Angels, just behind the shops near Pirates of the Caribbean. If you're looking for some alone time in a romantic atmosphere, steal away back there for awhile, perhaps with a couple of cool beverages from the nearby Mint Julep Bar (by the train station). It's my go-to spot at Disneyland for getting away from the crowds. The only other time I've ever seen anyone else back there (including times when the park was filled to capacity), was when a photographer was using it as a backdrop for a couple's engagement photo.

Big Thunder Trail is also good for getting away from the crowds, and though I think the Court of Angels is more picturesque, the dimly-lit Trail does offer its own special atmosphere at night.

Not to step on Rob's toes in his forum, I highly recommend Blue Bayou, it's worth the reservation and the price. Difficulty may vary, and in the summer it may be harder, but you could probably get a reservation for that date if you call now, especially if it's not at the busiest time. This is the restaurant visible from Pirates Of The Carribean and although it's indoors it looks and feels as if outdoors at night. There's great ambiance like fireflies etc. Most entrees are in the neighborhood of $25-35 and the food is EXCELLENT. I've had a date there before and it was a great time.

Just make sure you make a reservation, you won't get in without one. If you do make a reservation find out where it is ahead of time (right next to the exit for Pirates and the door to Club 33 if you know what that is) and plan to arrive about 10-15 mins ahead of the reservation time just in case. I have had occaisons where there was actually a line to get in of people all having current reservations.

Site: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/blue-bayou-restaurant/

Menu: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/media/dlr_nextgen/CoreCatalog/Disneyland/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/Dining/Menus/BlueBayouDinner_20110602.pdf

Reservations: (714) 781-3463

(I don't represent them, just a big fan)

sounds like blue bayau is a must! I've always wanted to eat there! I may be getting in for free so that opens up my budget a lot!

Thanks everyone for the advice! I'll be sure to take her to Court of Angels! I've seen it before, but never thought anything of it. I'm sure she'll like it!

• 2 weeks later...